Phone confirmation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 10-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Phone confirmation

Just to clarify a couple of the responses here - if I use an address near me -within 3 miles - then I can give them my own phone number since it is in the same zip code as the mailing address? I can use my own land line at least once because eBay and PAYPAL do not have it since I recently changed it. But I can only use it once - right? I am planning on setting up several accounts so this could come up more than once. I am not sure that I can find another land line to use. Aren't there services that forward calls to you? Can PAYPAL detect them?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Uk & USA phone verifications are different tbh. In the USA there are other alternatives to extra phone numbers. eg, vnumber. In the forum Phone verification, the info is for the USA and should help.
Old 10-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
Just to clarify a couple of the responses here - if I use an address near me -within 3 miles - then I can give them my own phone number since it is in the same zip code as the mailing address? I can use my own land line at least once because eBay and PAYPAL do not have it since I recently changed it. But I can only use it once - right? I am planning on setting up several accounts so this could come up more than once. I am not sure that I can find another land line to use. Aren't there services that forward calls to you? Can PAYPAL detect them?
Follow the simple principle of never duplicating any info between accounts. That will answer all your questions. That includes paypal too.

Read the ebook, its worth it in terms of the times it saves and structures ur approach.
Old 10-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Default TollFreeForwarding Virtual Phone Numbers

First, I have read THE BOOK - several times over. I want to share what happened to me yesterday. I was trying to get another phone # by using the TollFreeForwarding Virtual Phone Numbers site that is mentioned in THE BOOK and after I entered in my payment information I got a message that said that the transaction could not be completed and that they would require a copy of the CC - front and back, no problem - AND!!! a copy of my Passport!!! Are they nuts??? I would never send anyone a copy of my passport. I have successfully used this site before with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, etc. so this time I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that matched the Visa Gift Card with the name imprinted on it that I wanted to use to pay for it. I bought this gift card with the wrong billing information to use for an eBay/PP account so I was just trying to use it so I could get my money out of it. Has anyone ever had this problem with TollFreeForwarding??
Old 10-05-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

If you're having problems with TollFreeForwarding, forget it. There are plenty of other services that work fine. As GreenBean has suggested Vumber is working well for US accounts at the moment.
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

for $9.00 you can walk into walmart and walk out with a prepaid phone with 20 mins of talk time thats good for 60 days. Thats more than enough to get you by. I've got a box of them. lol
Old 10-25-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Tracfone does not work with paypal verification when your account is limited. They will tell you that you need a landline or they will mail you a pin number to the address on file with paypal.
Old 11-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Tracfone does not work with paypal verification when your account is limited. They will tell you that you need a landline or they will mail you a pin number to the address on file with paypal.
Will vumber work for PP verification??? I have had that dreaded message that a cell phone cannot be used, and I do have TracFone...don't work! I just signed up with vumber.
Old 11-14-2008

Longevity: 89%
Default paypal phone verification uk

Hi was wondering if anyone knew a way to get past the paypal phone verification for the uk. I have been reading loads of different views. some say some work and other say they dont. So was wondering if anyone knew of one that is currently working.