PayPal Limited Account Access - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default PayPal Limited Account Access

Hi, I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I have two eBay accounts and two PayPal accounts. One of each belongs to me, and one of each belongs to my mother. Both are legitimate accounts, with legitimate contact information, linked to legitimate bank accounts, SSN's, etc.

In a nutshell, I sell used marine parts on eBay. Initially, I was selling using my own eBay account, which was created in 2003, and processing payments through my PayPal account. Then, I began to use my mother's eBay account to sell, with the intention of building her feedback rating, though I was processing all the payments through my PayPal account. As a result of a number of claims for non-receipt, (all of which were resolved by either shipping the merchandise and/or refunding the buyers) my PayPal account was limited, and then an email sent stating that PayPal no longer wished to do business with me, and I could reclaim any funds in my account after they were seasoned for 180 days. At the same time, my mother's eBay account was indefinitely suspended as a result of the PayPal limitation.

Next, I resumed selling my items on my eBay account, and processing payments through my mother's PayPal account. I sold 22 items, and processed nearly $5,000 through my mother's PayPal account. Within three days of the end of my 22 auctions, PayPal limited access to my mother's account, asked for tracking numbers on six of the items, and to resolve related accounts, i.e. my PayPal account. As a result of this, my ability to list items with my eBay account has been restricted. My eBay account is still active, and not suspended, I just cannot list any items for sale.

I provided valid UPS and USPS tracking numbers for ALL of the items that were paid through PayPal which resolved that issue. I cannot seem to resolve the related accounts issue. When I called PayPal, they informed me that there was a chargeback in the amount of roughly $1,900.00 on my PayPal account, and until I reimburse PayPal for that amount, they will not lift the limitation on either account. I offered to transfer the amount due on the chargeback from my mother's PayPal account to my PayPal account, and PayPal denied the request on the grounds that the funds in my mother's account weren't seasoned for 180 days. They insisted that I send a check or add funds electronically to clear the negative balance owed on my PayPal account.

My question is this: If I add the $1,900.00 to my PayPal account, is there any guarantee that it will lift the limitation on one or both accounts? More importantly, is there any way of removing the selling restriction on my eBay account? I don't mind setting up an independent merchant account to process credit cards, and removing PayPal from the mix entirely. Frankly, they've caused me so much grief that I don't want to do business with THEM!

I'm not looking to circumvent the system, or break any rules or laws, I just simply want to get back to business, service my customers effectively, and be able to pay my bills with the monies received for the items I've sold on eBay.

Someone help, please! And thanks in advance!

Last edited by HSL1048; 10-05-2008 at 11:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

There is absoloutly no guarentee that they will unlimit the account if you put the money in it, they want you to think they will though.PP hates high numbers of claims(they let my account go because of it, even though I was making them hundreds a day in fees) + You have that huge chargeback..I say its a coin toss

If it's a legit chargeback try to appease the customer or get them to return the merchandise.
Old 10-06-2008
Threadstarter  

I have the merchandise, the customer wouldn't accept delivery of the item. Unfortunately, he filed the chargeback rather than dealing directly with me.

I'm not terribly concerned with my account, I'm more concerned with resolving the chargeback and hopefully having my mother's account delimited as a result thereof.

I just want to get back to "normal" on eBay and be able to sell. Like I said, I'm willing to open a merchant account to process credit card purchases and disband PayPal all together. They've made thousands off of me, and so far haven't gone to bat, nor taken my side even once.
Old 10-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I see chargeback but I skimmed. If you have that against your account I would go beat @$@$ out the guy who did it. Also to return the merchandise immediately and still kik his @#$424 and #@$@$#^^%% CENSOR3D
Old 10-06-2008
Threadstarter  

The chargeback is fine, and I'd be willing to cover the negative balance as a result thereof, I just don't want to give them $2k of my hard earned dollars and then have them shut down all my accounts. If I could get to someone at upper management and have them send me a certified letter requesting the money, and ensuring reinstatement, that would be a different story.

I still have the merchandise, which I could very easily resell to cover the negative balance, which I'd be happy to do, BUT THEY LIMITED MY ACCOUNTS!!! Talk about a catch 22 . . .
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

yeah I wouldn't trust them. They more than likely already view you as a fraud for not resolving the balance on your account then changing over to your mothers paypal account. You are going to have an issue since they have your SS# if you do not cover the $1,900 however. Depends on how you want your credit score to look.
Old 10-06-2008
Threadstarter  

The $1900 chargeback appeared long after I had been using my mother's account. As I said, I don't care about reimbursing them for the chargeback, and I intend to do so, I just want access to my accounts restored so that I can get back to business as usual. I've processed tens of thousands of dollars with them over the years, I would think they value my business as much as I value(d) their service.

I'm looking for the mystical and magical fix to all of this.