Around 50% of the time my PP gets limited at the first transaction, why? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Around 50% of the time my PP gets limited at the first transaction, why?

Hello guys,

I have many PayPal accounts, i never sell before it's 1 month old, my question is, when I receive 150$ payment (first transaction ever) my PP is getting limited right away.

It doesn't always happen but atleast 40-50% of the times.

I wonder, is that because I receive 150$ at my first transaction? if so, should I receive first small amounts like 10-20 usd for 2 months and then sell my expensivest item for 150-170$? thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2014

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Around 50% of the time my PP gets limited at the first transaction, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayers12 View Post
Hello guys,

I have many PayPal accounts, i never sell before it's 1 month old, my question is, when I receive 150$ payment (first transaction ever) my PP is getting limited right away.

It doesn't always happen but atleast 40-50% of the times.

I wonder, is that because I receive 150$ at my first transaction? if so, should I receive first small amounts like 10-20 usd for 2 months and then sell my expensivest item for 150-170$? thanks!
Up to 50$ should do a trick, you will build up it slowly.
I was even asked to get verified for buying around 100$ for first transaction, when made it upto 50$ few minute after, had no issues
Other more experienced members might have more detailed information for you

Last edited by tannedweekend; 11-27-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2014

Default Re: Around 50% of the time my PP gets limited at the first transaction, why?

What are you selling that brings in $150 in a.first transaction?
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Most likely High Risk items.
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
What are you selling that brings in $150 in a.first transaction?
Some cosmetic products, no brand or anything though...

Maybe since it's the first transaction to brand new PayPal..
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Most likely High Risk items.
How PayPal can know what i'm selling? they buy it directly from Ebay though and after the payment is done the account is getting limited it's just crazy lol.. less than 10 minutes i'm getting an e.mail from PayPal.

Are you sure it's because of the items i'm selling?
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Just out of curiosity, where are you selling, or how? are you selling on a website?
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Just out of curiosity, where are you selling, or how? are you selling on a website?
Nope, i'm selling on Ebay.

The cosmetic products I sell are laiser IPL small machines, none branded though.

I also sell VeRo items such as Gucci sun glasses but they'r legit and i don't always get suspended, i aint sure if it has to deal with the stuff im selling or the amount i receive at the first transaction.

It's killing me D:
Old 11-27-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I rarely have issues with PayPal because the way you need to work it is the first 90 days just sell items that are no more than $10 each,

PayPal needs a history of selling from you before they will just let you sell anything of value, you first need to prove you have a good item , you ship fast, put up tracking , are not getting disputes opened up and have positive feedback

Basically they need a 90 day history of you being a good seller before they feel comfortable to just let you go and run your business

And they don't want you to,prove yourself with starting off with $100 items, they do not want that risk, they don't know you, and need to protect themselves so you need to find low priced items under $10 and build an excellent 90 Day selling history with those items

And within those 90 days like mid month 2 throw in one of your $150 items, and than maybe another 2 month 3

Even though you need to sell low priced items to start it's always good to include a couple of the items that u will be selling during the probation period

And than once the holds are lifted continue selling the
Low priced items and gradually increase the items you intend on really selling

Never shock the system by changing what u sell or the volume and price to,fast

You never want big spikes , you want a steady inclining line with paypal and you will find that paypal will work really well for you
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I rarely have issues with PayPal because the way you need to work it is the first 90 days just sell items that are no more than $10 each,

PayPal needs a history of selling from you before they will just let you sell anything of value, you first need to prove you have a good item , you ship fast, put up tracking , are not getting disputes opened up and have positive feedback

Basically they need a 90 day history of you being a good seller before they feel comfortable to just let you go and run your business

And they don't want you to,prove yourself with starting off with $100 items, they do not want that risk, they don't know you, and need to protect themselves so you need to find low priced items under $10 and build an excellent 90 Day selling history with those items

And within those 90 days like mid month 2 throw in one of your $150 items, and than maybe another 2 month 3

Even though you need to sell low priced items to start it's always good to include a couple of the items that u will be selling during the probation period

You never want big spikes , you want a steady inclining line with paypal and you will find that paypal will work really well for you
Your right, thanks a lot!
Old 11-27-2014

Longevity: 58%

Ive never had these problems except when I sold something for over $500. My first items on eBay always sell for $200-$300. Do u add bank accounts to your PayPal and how long have you been experiencing these problems?
The Following User Says Thank You to Stingman1216 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (11-28-2014)
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingman1216 View Post
Ive never had these problems except when I sold something for over $500. My first items on eBay always sell for $200-$300. Do u add bank accounts to your PayPal and how long have you been experiencing these problems?
Just because one does not have issues does not mean it can't happen.
Old 11-27-2014

Yea but he ced 40-50 percent of the time and I have sold on more than 60 paypals and only receive the problem once with an item over $500
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

I have this problem since always but if I get the payment directly to my PP without Ebay it actually works but if it's via Ebay then nope.. :(
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayers12 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (11-29-2014)
Old 11-28-2014

Is your PayPal verified with a bank account?
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

What a lot of nonsense!

3 months selling $10 items, gosh that sounds like fun.

I age accounts one month, then sell $150 items and slowly build up to higher ticket prices, also I try not to make more than 1 sale a day. Never had a problem.
Old 11-28-2014
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
What a lot of nonsense!

3 months selling $10 items, gosh that sounds like fun.

I age accounts one month, then sell $150 items and slowly build up to higher ticket prices, also I try not to make more than 1 sale a day. Never had a problem.

I think 'lot of nonsense' is quite unfair! OP is complaining of having account limited selling $150 items, you're advocating waiting one month before listing a $150 item, previous poster is suggesting a month of selling a few $10 items, then dropping a $150 item in.

For some people, this isn't about fun, it's about a livelihood.
Old 11-28-2014

Lol I don't know if I can sell items for 3 months for $10, but I create my PayPal threw ebay the same day i list the item and I have no problems. When you create it threw eBay, eBay automatically fills out all of your PayPal info with your eBay info. That's just feels more comfortable to me.
Old 11-29-2014
peghmeypong

If you read the whole post, dmshark25 advises selling the higher priced items in the second month.....
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Any of the advice given on this forum...is just that, "ADVICE". In the end the OP will decide what to do with the advice we have given, sometimes some advice do contradict.....everyone eventually (hopefully) builds a game plan to be successful.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
I think 'lot of nonsense' is quite unfair! OP is complaining of having account limited selling $150 items, you're advocating waiting one month before listing a $150 item, previous poster is suggesting a month of selling a few $10 items, then dropping a $150 item in.

For some people, this isn't about fun, it's about a livelihood.
We do not now the full story regarding op's limitation so let's not jump to conclusions eh?

If previous poster is Dmshark then I don't see him suggesting anything in fact

Quote:
the way you need to work
Quote:
PayPal needs
Quote:
you first need to prove
Quote:
Basically they need
Quote:
Even though you need to sell low priced items to start
I don't think maybe people here sell on fun, I have much cooler things to do personally
Old 11-29-2014
peghmeypong

What conclusions?