Paypal Limited "shifty business practices" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Paypal Limited "shifty business practices"

Logged into one of my pay pals… it was limited. Here is the message I got:

"At PayPal, we have policies regarding abrupt or large shifts in business practices. We need some more information about some of your recent sales."

It says I cannot appeal. I cannot withdraw or send funds. Does the 180 day wait before I can withdraw my funds apply to me in this case? If it does, do I have to withdraw to a bank? Or can I use the money to buy stuff?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2014
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Paypal Limited "shifty business practices"

What date is given for the limitation?

Did you get an email informing you?
Old 12-01-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Usually you would need a bank account but there was another thread where a member said they have asked if they could send it to another paypal account and they agreed , they asked for them to send the name of the paypal account that they wanted the funds sent to

I'm not sure if they went thru with it or not,,but if you do not have a bank account it's worth asking paypal about other options, with the many changes lately things are being done in different ways than before
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i did not receive any email from paypal regarding this limitation.

SInce I did not receive an email, I am not able to tell how old the limitation is. I know it has to be within the past 3 weeks though.

I was reading and it seems the best idea is to wait 180 days and then just add a new bank account and withdraw? Not sure though since I never got an email or anything.
Old 12-01-2014
peghmeypong

On the limitation page, there should be a date? The page where you log in?
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

weird i just don't see a date shown on any of the pages that it shows my limitations
Old 12-01-2014
peghmeypong

Ah well. When I log in in on my limited account, I get a page before the main account page. That page immediately after I've logged in usually has a date of the limitation just before the reason.

Example: Quote:
Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):
Nov 18, 2011: We need some more information about some of your recent sales.
(Your case ID for this reason is PP-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX.)

This limitation cannot be appealed.
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

unfortunately on the page where it gives me a "reason" for my limitation, there is no date
Old 12-01-2014

Longevity: 66%

It seems that the problem is on broad rock..
Old 12-01-2014
peghmeypong

How very queer
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

PayPal looks for sudden changes in your account. Mostly in what you are selling, but it could be other things as well.

For example, someone sells HDMI cables for $1 each with free shipping to build a few hundred positive feedbacks. Then, out of the blue, they start listing $750 laptops that would normally sell for more than $1,000.

It does not take a genius to see the potential for fraud in this case.

I would call PayPal and ask what their concern is and try to answer their questions. Sometimes they just need some information. I am not sure WHY it said you cannot appeal, I would call anyway and see what they say. Play dumb and sound as innocent as possible.
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i'll see, jeff. there is several hundred in there. i would like to get it back, but if i can get it back in the 180 day time period, i don't mind waiting and would rather do that than bother calling paypal.

it's hard to pinpoint exactly what i did. I have an assortment of items that comprises my selling history. I didn't suddenly go heavy selling one particular item. The selling habits are pretty much consistent with what i do throughout all my stealths. This one just got limited. I do like to push the boundaries, not sure if this time it caught up to me or what.
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 54%

Unfortunately, "This limitation cannot be appealed" means your done. Close you eBay account, delete your email, and move on. They have banned you and you are done for good. If you want to get the money out of the PayPal account and not want to wait 180 days, there is a special email you can send to the executive office and they will pretty much automatically release it. I use the email to get money out of my accounts almost as soon as they are limited.

So in short, your done and screwed. You will have to send the email, and then withdraw the funds and move on. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
It says I cannot appeal. I cannot withdraw or send funds. Does the 180 day wait before I can withdraw my funds apply to me in this case? If it does, do I have to withdraw to a bank? Or can I use the money to buy stuff?
That's the horror of being limited with paypal.

You are totally limited as to what you can do. Basically, you can just get the funds out.

Why not talk to them ?

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
nodeal (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014

Unhappy Re: Paypal Limited "shifty business practices"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That's the horror of being limited with paypal.

You are totally limited as to what you can do. Basically, you can just get the funds out.

Why not talk to them ?

I think it's pretty clear that "talking to them" will never work. They are stubborn and stupid and don't even deserve your time. Just get the money out and move on. If you ever see words like, "Indefenitly suspended" or "Limitation cannot be appealed", that means move on. That's all you can do!
Old 12-02-2014

i think your paypal got limited permanently , you cant use or withdraw your balance , need to wait 180 days and you will got email let you withdraw from paypal , I have few paypal have same notice limited like you .
Old 12-02-2014

Fill in the blanks and send this email to: executiveoffice@paypal.com

--------------------------------------------

RE: Case PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have already taken my business to your largest competitor and I am no longer in need of PayPal’s services.

I have previously requested a review/appeal of my case which was denied. Although I still disagree with the decision to deny my appeal I will abide by it – however because I feel that holding my funds for 180 days for a non-fraudulent violation of PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy is excessive, and perhaps a punitive abuse of power, I will be filing complaints with the following agencies on FILL IN BLANK morning, December FILL IN BLANK, 2014 if I am not satisfied with PayPal’s response to this request to release my funds:

(agencies in the states that I reside or have a business presence in)

The California Office of the Attorney General

Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

The Washington State Office of the Attorney General

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhand...laintForm.aspx

The Florida Office of the Attorney General

Florida Attorney General - Citizen Services Contact Form

The Arizona Office of the Attorney General

Florida Attorney General - Citizen Services Contact Form

Additionally:
The United States Federal Reserve

What do I need to know before I file a complaint? | Federal Reserve Consumer Help

(I understand that PayPal does not operate as a “bank” which is precisely why they may be interested in such complaints)

The Better Business Bureau:

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

All complaints will be filed “online” FILL IN BLANK morning December FILL IN BLANK, 2014 and written copies will also be sent via certified postal mail.

I understand PayPal’s need for holding funds for credit card chargeback purposes, however a review of my account history for the last year will reveal a very low chargeback rate as well as a very high customer-satisfaction rate. I feel that any reasonable person would conclude that holding my entire balance for 180 days is excessive and my be viewed by some as punitive or as already stated, an unnecessary abuse of power and perhaps even contrary to the laws of some states. That being said I have no problem with, and agree to leaving a balance of FILL IN BLANK for credit card chargeback purposes for the duration of the 180 days. I feel that this is a fair resolution while still leaving PayPal with the means to charge back any future credit card disputes to my account.

I also would like to continue doing business with PayPal if possible if the limitation team reconsiders my appeal. The documents and information provided was COMPLETELY valid and was provided at the best and fastest way possible.

Please be aware that replying with the standard “this is part of the terms of service that you agreed to” will not satisfy my request, or deter me from filing my complaints with the agencies listed above on the morning of FILL IN BLANK December FILL IN BLANK. It will be up to those agencies to determine if PayPal is operating within the law, abusing power, etc. I am simply seeking a resolution that is fair and in the best interest of both parties.

Thank you for your time again in looking into this matter.

Case PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

--------------------------------------------

If PayPal fails to comply, ACTUALLY contact them. The goal is to show PayPal your serious and that they MUST/WILL give you the money or else. MAKE SURE TO FILL IN THE BLANKS and send that to the email listed above. Also, the offer for them to keep some of the money will be dismissed as if they do comply, you'll get all your money back. You'll probably get your money back in 24 hours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pikachu10 For This Useful Post:
nodeal (12-02-2014), peterspike (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

othank you for that outline of the email to send. I will most certainly consider this and keep you updated on the response I get.

As for the paypal itself, I do not mind if it is limited. I have many others. I just wanted to be clear on the 180 day policy. With this type of limitation, after 180 days I will be able to withdraw my funds, correct? And in order to do so, will I need to add a new bank account to this paypal? Because right now only a VBA is attached to it so I cannot withdraw.
Old 12-02-2014

@ pikachu10 thanks for the template I have heard of the executive office before so this template will be a great help for everybody.
Old 12-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
othank you for that outline of the email to send. I will most certainly consider this and keep you updated on the response I get.

As for the paypal itself, I do not mind if it is limited. I have many others. I just wanted to be clear on the 180 day policy. With this type of limitation, after 180 days I will be able to withdraw my funds, correct? And in order to do so, will I need to add a new bank account to this paypal? Because right now only a VBA is attached to it so I cannot withdraw.
If you don't send that email, then yes. You will have to wait half a year and withdraw the funds to your bank account. It dosen't matter which name it's under BTW depending on the bank.
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu10 View Post
I think it's pretty clear that "talking to them" will never work. They are stubborn and stupid and don't even deserve your time. Just get the money out and move on. If you ever see words like, "Indefenitly suspended" or "Limitation cannot be appealed", that means move on. That's all you can do!
That's for consideration for every account.

I decline to make that a blanket no go zone for everything.

I work on the premise of at least trying.

That allows me to have closure.

And continue to plot to beat paypal.

Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Trying at least somewhat to salvage a PP is always in order - low likelihood but the chance always exists
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Mallcop (01-08-2016)