Selling Limitations - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Selling Limitations

Hi!
First post in here.

Does anyone know anything about the selling limitations. Im doing this as a fulltime job, I am a genuine seller; business registered, got physical company address, got employees etc. I didn't start eBay to do it as a homebiz, but rather scale it to the point where I would be up there with the people who sells 2k-5k items a day.

Got their phonenumber but the CR's gave me one courtesy call, after that they simply blanked me EVEN after selling nearly 200 items in 1 week - that was from day 1 of launching!! That would accumulate to 800 items a month which is something along the lines of a PS Gold!!!

So my question goes out to you who has been in the game longer than me: Why doesnt eBay appreciate genuine people? Why doesn't eBay take care of the 'small' fish like they said in an article (Meg Whitman President of eBay was giving an interview)? How on God's given earth do I escalate the issue? Right now I can just about list 19 items. A selling limitation isn't to improve safety on eBay; it is to discourage a seller and make him find another job behind a desk. I could be making eBay God knows how much extra $$$, yet they decide to ignore me and throw me away like I was garbage. I am almost willing to take the first plane to the states and start punching heads up at the reception as that would probably make me feel satisfied that I have done something about the situation and not sit here rolling thumbs until they get back to me.

They say 24-48 hours returned reply. I call for B....luff. It takes them anywhere between 4-6 days and when I faxed my information to them NOTHING happened until I called up their PS-hotline and got them to expedite it; that is how my selling limitation got 'adjusted' from 0-19 items.
I have tried to explain to them that I dont just sell one product, e.g. PS3 Games, but that it runs along the line of PS3 covers, fans etc. !!! - I am literally sitting with a stock worth $30k USD and there is NOTHING I can do but to list 19 items AFTER being locked for 14 days!!!

I'm sure a lot of you have been in the same shoe as me, so please advise.

Thanks again for this forum.

PS. I hope someone files a lawsuit against those c*nts even though we are on their playground.
PPS. Forgot to say that after waiting 11 days Paypal resolved my issue. That was after speaking to the head of the division and literally shout down the phone. Thought paypal walked hand in hand with eBay, but it seems like eBay loves to have their own little Top Secret Block Policy going on to safeguard other sellers.
PPPS. Could it be because my prices are the most competitive on eBay for certain items????? (electronic goods)

Last edited by JoeSonDo; 09-23-2008 at 04:14 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2008

eBay is paranoid. If you are a new and you start selling alot, they limit your account. Shouldn't be any problem, as long you are legit, but eBay dont see it that way.
Old 09-25-2008

Longevity: 93%

I am having the same problem. I am not even selling alot of my item and as I was posting an item I get this big message that said "do not try to list this items for 30 days" I don't understand why this is happening???
Old 10-02-2008
Threadstarter  

My account has been with eBay for a while. Yet they're being the terrorists harassing people and rejecting $$$.
Looking at eBay's stock trend; they haven't been this low since the start of 2003, when they were on an uprise to more press, popularity etc. Looks like soon they'll be cutting jobs and manpower. Them raising fees and putting selling limitations on is discouraging sellers, which are eBay's bread and butter. A few powersellers can't do the job; they need their garage sellers back, in which they're throwing to the sharks. Good job eBay, good job

At this moment of time I sincerely hope they'll go bankrupt and bought up by another company. They need some adjustment to their mangement!

Last edited by JoeSonDo; 10-02-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

The answer is simple. eBay is too big.
Old 10-02-2008

Longevity: 93%

does anyone know why exactly this is happening ? It is not only to new members they are doing it to the older accounts too , even with 100% feedback rating. Can the only answer be that a competitor is reporting to ebay and they are taking action? I have email customer support and they said they cannot take the limitation off at this time (offcourse without giving reason) to email them in 90 days. Basically just DON'T BOTHER ME UNTIL THEN!
Old 10-11-2008

Welcome to eBay. I've had so many issues with them in the past. The best thing to do is to not rely all of your income off of ebay. Spread your business to other websites like Amazon, Ubid, etc. They have horrible customer service which most of the time are through emails. They usually don't respond until a week later and when you reply back you have to wait for another whole week. This is truly a nightmare for any company since you will be losing so much money on a daily basis waiting for their reply.
Old 10-11-2008

I love to hate eBay... at this time they have given me my accounts back so I am in their favor and good graces so they love me so I am happy. It looks like the US site is doing great with the GTC featured listings (shhhhhhh). I have been selling 5K/ day in the USA and about 2K/day on ebay.co.uk......so the drama continues
Old 11-27-2008

They may limit you for 90 more days. And then, they may restrict you again for non-performance or some other bs even if you have perfect fb