Something I have heard could it be true? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Something I have heard could it be true?

I found this site after a friend turned me on to it and it seemed nice very similar to eBay. So, wow how many out there look nice but nothing for sale and so forth, but then after asking around I have found something interesting and actually very delightful about this auction website company.

Instead of a greedy giant like ebay this site is free to post your items for sale that is the first thing that was great.

But wait it gets better the company is from what I’ve heard, a not for profit company, so if you sell your stuff you pay a final value fee i think it is 3% of the selling price, ok that sounds reasonable... but wait the fees are being generated and paid to a not for profit so that fee is tax deductible for the seller!!!!

They also have enhancement fees like eBay that are optional and not required when adding your item for sale.

WELL I SAY WHAT A CONCEPT I mean if your going to pay fees, and the site is fair and you can list items for free, get a tax deduction for your fees, and have your fees all go to good causes.. umm?! What decision needs to be made?

I have also heard talks are in the works with large charity organizations like Red Cross, American Cancer Society.

Now I am not sure how truthful this all is it is second hand information but if this pans out the only thing to do is to get every powerseller to back them, and get the site advertised I think in matter of a few months eBay would be out of business or at least take a significant hit!

The website is www. TheAuctionMan .net if anyone knows anything more I want to know about it I did some reading online and this company was active back in 2002 and was doing pretty well then they were sold or owners changed and they were off for a while but now they are back up and this would be really cool if the info above was true!!

I get sick of the stories from fellow ebay sellers and they tell me how eBay makes more profit off their items then they do, or better yet ebay is the only one making money from all their sales… Just Plain Greed and since when is an “Auction House” supposed to screw you if you don’t sell anything where’s the scratch my back I’ll scratch yours, without the sellers eBay would be no more…

Anyway this if true is promising….

Thanks
Jason

Last edited by feebaysucks001; 10-09-2008 at 08:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Thanks Jason for your unbiased opinion.

The Auction Man needs to get some traffic first before anyone is willing to take the time to create auctions on their site. Without traffic no one will make any sales, and that site is all but dead.
Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I have to disagree with aspkin there. An auction site with no listings but lots of traffic is just as worthless. Why send traffic there and there aren't any listings?
Old 10-11-2008
Administrator

My point is, without traffic no one would make any sales. There could be hundreds of thousands of auctions going.. but if there are no buyers it's a waste of time.

If there were traffic, sellers would come.. trust me.
Old 10-11-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

This thread reminds me of an interview I had for a Deli in my home town when I was a kid. I was asked in the interview, "What do you think is the most important job in this Deli?"
After some thinking, I responded that I thought the Cook had the most important job. I explained that without good tasting food, nobody would bother to come.
I've thought about that question and answer many times since and I've come to the conclusion that everybody should think that every job is equally important. Being in any business is a team effort, and each position is equally important, for the team to benefit. Everybody belongs to a team, of sorts. Even if you work for yourself, there are those who you rely on and those who rely on you.

Having said that, I think that both traffic and number of auctions are equally important.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 10-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2008
Administrator

You guys are funny...
Old 10-12-2008

Longevity: 93%

I agree traffic is key, once they have the merchandise and happy you get repeated traffic then you get word of mouth and the rest follows.