Google Checkout or other merchants - photos - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Question Google Checkout or other merchants - photos

I am still trying to set up a merchant account to use with my ebay account, my ebay has the false info but to my understanding you have to use your real name and info for your merchant account... I am limited on what I am using on my computer because it is an older operating system and I am working on am mac 9.2 with internet explorer 5.1 and I cannot upgrade anything.. anyway I was wondering about Google Checkout I know it is not allowed on ebay but do people use it and are people not being shut down using it and do people have a problem paying with it???

Also What other merchants can I use that will not cost me an arm and a leg or are free like paypal and bidpay to sign up? I do not like bidpay actually checks your info to your ebay account to make sure its the same name and if its not they will not approve payment...(from what I understand)

Also I use photobucket for hosting my photos which I belive I have to set up a new account and take new pictures if I am correct because if I use the old photos they will like the account together, am I correct on this one?

Someone please reply... I need to start making money again!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2007
Banned

Google checkout is free till the end of the year for credit card processing.

All we do is select what payment methods we accept in our ebay auctions, when they end we invoice the winning bidders email address through google checkout. None of my clientele have ever had issues. Google is a trusted name. Some big websites even mention google checkout in their tv advertisements as a payment method accepted
Old 07-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Do you use your real info for google checkout.... and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ for ebay.. Please reply...
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesmith View Post
Google checkout is free till the end of the year for credit card processing.

All we do is select what payment methods we accept in our ebay auctions, when they end we invoice the winning bidders email address through google checkout. None of my clientele have ever had issues. Google is a trusted name. Some big websites even mention google checkout in their tv advertisements as a payment method accepted
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

yes, once you go through with it you'll understand why it makes sense. eBay doesn't own google checkout. They aren't going to see your real info.
Old 07-24-2007

Longevity: 99%

But does the buyer? The way the system is set up I would not think so, but it might appear on their end in some form or another. I should send myself an invoice some time to find out, but have never gotten around to it.

If the buyer happens to be an ebay spy testing your account (it happens), it could be a problem.
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

Ok heres how it goes:

google checkout invoices do contain address, business name and phone number

if you want to hide that as well, you can change public business information to something else.

Your personal google checkout information doesn't have to be public, the invoice personal information can be changed by changing the business information section of your google checkout account. It can be whatever. Your personal information is always kept private.
Old 07-24-2007

George, if you're planning on international commerce, do you expect there would be any problems with your business information being in a completely different location (country even) than your personal? Would GCO accept that, or do you think they would think it was an attempt at fraud?
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

That I wouldn't be sure of. But hey it is the internet and you could say your home office is wherever.
Old 07-24-2007
Threadstarter  

george smith

Do you put your credit card info and Banking info into google checkout and is your money deposited directly in like paypal or bidpay...???Please reply
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandlayne View Post
george smith

Do you put your credit card info and Banking info into google checkout and is your money deposited directly in like paypal or bidpay...???Please reply
Yes directly into your bank account
Old 07-24-2007

Do you think it matters which account, as in checking vs savings? My thought is that if there ever was a problem, they might not be able to dip into your savings so easily.
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

You need to give them an account number as well as a routing number. I never got those two pieces of information with my savings accounts.
Old 07-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Does the ebay buyer have to have a google checkout as well.. Please repy....:o
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

My last purchaser told me it was like buying from a regular online store, typed in name, credit card info, email address and submitted.
Old 07-24-2007

Default Google Checkout

It is my understanding that even though you can not state that you accept Google Checkout as a payment option you can say that you accept credit cards directly.
It is a very good option and hopefully it will be accepted worldwide in the near future! As of now...only U.S. and Canada.
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

I hope it won't be accepted worldwide, thats when the system will fall to frauds and scammers from around the world.
Old 07-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I hope it won't be accepted worldwide, thats when the system will fall to frauds and scammers from around the world.
There is so much fraud out there it's crazy. Surprisingly I found most of it was in the US. I got the most fraud from California, New York, and Texas. Out side the states it would be mostly Eastern Europe. This is my experience with Paypal fraud at least. Good times!
Old 07-24-2007

Aspkin, just curious. By Eastern Europe, are you including Asia, as in Thailand and Malaysia, or have you ever had the pleasure.