Please help me. Can no longer create stealth accounts for non ebay payments w/o hold. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Please help me. Can no longer create stealth accounts for non ebay payments w/o hold.

LET ME START BY SAYING THIS IS FOR A PP STEALTH ACCOUNT USING NON-EBAY PAYMENTS.

All payments are received through my own websites / eStores.

Hey guys. So starting late last month, around November 25, I noticed a couple of my new stealth accounts, upon receiving a payment, would have the funds go into a held balance and an email was sent to me that my balance would be held for 21 days until I met some requirements.

Now, I've had this in the past, and typically when I did, I just had to verify my identity (via phone).

However, since around November 25, every single stealth account I have created, upon receiving my first sale (amount does not seem to matter), I am receiving holds that not only require me to verify identity, but require the following:

* Complete 5 successful sales. (EASY)
* Receive at least $150.00 USD in payments for goods. (EASY)
* Provide great customer experiences! Follow good selling practices for 60 days. (WTF)

60 days? I sell digital goods so though "just upload a tracking number" doesnt work for me. Waiting 60 days to receive my money is ridiculous. Anyone else having this issue?

Better yet, has anyone created a NEW stealth account within the last week, and NOT had this hold on it for NON EBAY PAYMENTS?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Please help me. Can no longer create stealth accounts for non ebay payments w/o h

Been a change in direction with paypal & the off ebay matters. Been talk of these holds too.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ansaction.html

Take a couple of posts in the above thread with a grain of salt though

Others can chime in as well.

Old 12-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Please help me. Can no longer create stealth accounts for non ebay payments w/o h

Aye, read over that but saw discussion fell off, and also it seems a bit different.

There has always been the risk of 21 day holds even on non eBay payments (especially for new accounts) but this was almost always fixed by simple phone verification.

The issue now is that they also have these bigger requirements like 60 day history.
Old 12-05-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReduxRetro View Post
LET ME START BY SAYING THIS IS FOR A PP STEALTH ACCOUNT USING NON-EBAY PAYMENTS.

All payments are received through my own websites / eStores.

Hey guys. So starting late last month, around November 25, I noticed a couple of my new stealth accounts, upon receiving a payment, would have the funds go into a held balance and an email was sent to me that my balance would be held for 21 days until I met some requirements.

Now, I've had this in the past, and typically when I did, I just had to verify my identity (via phone).

However, since around November 25, every single stealth account I have created, upon receiving my first sale (amount does not seem to matter), I am receiving holds that not only require me to verify identity, but require the following:

* Provide great customer experiences! Follow good selling practices for 60 days. (WTF)

60 days? I sell digital goods so though "just upload a tracking number" doesnt work for me. Waiting 60 days to receive my money is ridiculous. Anyone else having this issue?

Better yet, has anyone created a NEW stealth account within the last week, and NOT had this hold on it for NON EBAY PAYMENTS?

Send a thank you letter with tracking if your able to do it, not sure what your profit margin is but 1.93 first class 1-3 oz and you can mark it as physical goods with a tracking number and the holds will release faster
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Be very careful about digital goods - PP is known for hating on these types of transactions.

I would let the 21 day hold go away naturally.

In fact, I would recommend going for a different payment processor that accepts PP payment but is not PP itself.
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReduxRetro View Post

The issue now is that they also have these bigger requirements like 60 day history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Be very careful about digital goods - PP is known for hating on these types of transactions.

I would let the 21 day hold go away naturally.
but what's the OP gonna do about the longer hold period? Did you not read that important fact?

Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Nothing can be done to help in this situation unfortunately.
These are paypal's new procedures. That's just the way it is.
Either adapt to them or as mentioned above find a new payment processor.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014
Threadstarter  

To confirm, EVERYONE is getting these holds on new accounts, right?
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

That is correct.
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Yes on brand new accounts it seems all funds have a hold of some sort.

Every account is different but at least 20% of my aged(3-9 months, not very old) accounts have new paypal holds. All slightly different too.
Some of these holds are called "Payment Reviews" Others are "Under Review" and some just give a date that funds are available, kinda like Amazon. I have one account that all funds collect Thanksgiving day to this day says, Funds Available December 16. On and Off ebay transactions both.

Last edited by yankee; 12-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2014

Longevity: 73%

Can anyone confirm for how long in general those holds will keep showing up?
Will they stop or become fewer after a specific number of transactions? or specific number of days? or total amount sold?se
Because in the email they don't mention any rules on how to skip them.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaxlover View Post
Will they stop or become fewer after a specific number of transactions? or specific number of days? or total amount sold?se
Thanks
No one knows yet because its new
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I hate to say it. But honestly with any stealth account. I am just happy to be able to sell stuff. If it takes me 60 days to prove I am a trustworthy user. Then so be it. Be thankful for what you have not what you don't have. Good news is you can still make stealth accounts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (12-22-2014), dealagreeproceed (12-19-2014), jeffweico (12-17-2014), plumsake2 (12-16-2014), pokerpro (12-24-2014)
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I hate to say it. But honestly with any stealth account. I am just happy to be able to sell stuff. If it takes me 60 days to prove I am a trustworthy user. Then so be it. Be thankful for what you have not what you don't have. Good news is you can still make stealth accounts.
Good take on that situation Vegeltron, and 60 days is better than the 180 days many R having to wait and with no guarantees at the end of that time that after waiting that long the funds will even be released, I have something similar ongoing at the moment, since October, an amount that is much smaller than many have mentioned stuck in paypal, that was left from last canceled by ebay account, was asked for the ID to be uploaded primarily a cc or VCC, bought one from here but that did not seem to do the trick to release the funds so am on the 180 wait like many others here!
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks
There are no 100% rules on skipping them. Takes time and good service to get rid of them. There is no real set way that will come out
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
but what's the OP gonna do about the longer hold period? Did you not read that important fact?

I read it as have all the posters here - it's part of the business...again digital delivery = risky for PP. OP has to accept it and operate wisely.

People always looking for rules and tips on skipping the holds....
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks
Did you ever think they don;t want you to find out how to skip 'em?

It's the age old story with paypal.

Run your account and stay under their flags.

Those accounts work and let you get your funds.

Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:

Does that mean for a new PP account you have to wait 60 days to have access to the money and they want you to generate over $150 in payments which they hold for 60 days?
Old 12-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

No holds on my UK accounts, I age for about a month
Old 12-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
Does that mean for a new PP account you have to wait 60 days to have access to the money and they want you to generate over $150 in payments which they hold for 60 days?
Basically means they want you to build a good account...hold is 21 days not 60 days in general
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
big tymer (12-19-2014)
Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 68%

There are ways around this on new accounts. Im not giving up my "secrets", but a little trial an error and you will find it for yourself.
Old 12-17-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
There are ways around this on new accounts. Im not giving up my "secrets", but a little trial an error and you will find it for yourself.
Your not first guy to say ways around this and dont say crapola! Lol i know how but I am not telling. If you know how why not share what does it hurt?