Bank account check - have to put real address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Bank account check - have to put real address?

Hi,

I was suspended from eBay. Basically i have got someone else to open an account for me. However, im putting my card on the paypal account. Its a new number sort code etc etc. HOWEVER, when loading on, i have to put in the billing address that matches the billing statements for this card. This is the address obviously that was in my suspended ebay account. I have had to put it in otherwise it would not accept the card, as it has to do a check on the card to make sure its active etc.

I have quite a lot of knowledge about paypal mainly but this one has just thrown me and i have searched long and hard on the forum without success?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me?

Ps - aspkin you should be proud of the forum. Reading it has been fantastic and im suprised ebay hasnt headhunted you to work for them!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

you can fudge the address just keep the zipcode the same.
Old 10-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply. So you just keep the zip code/post code the same, which is what they use to verify your bank acconut details match the billing statement address. I havent linked the paypal account and wont do. The only thing they have got on me is that my post code when verifying my NEW bank acconut number and sort code is the same as what was in my eBay suspended account?
Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Keep the street address number and the zip code the same. Other than that it can be ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Ex:

Real billing is 174 haverhill rd, new york,NY 10111

Change it to
174 madeupville st
New york, NY

What paypal uses is called AVS (address verification service). All they verify is the street number and zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burst For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (12-07-2016)
Old 10-09-2008

Send a message via MSN to delsdisaster

What name do you put? Eg If I apply for an ebay name as Stacy Smith and paypal name as Stacy Smith but my bank account is Stacy Brown...........what name do I use when paypal want to verify my bank details please?
Old 10-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^
In the US the name on the bank account does not matter since the banks can not disclose your banking information (usually).

Can you not just enter the banking numbers and bank name?
Then select the option for Paypal to make deposits into your account?
Old 10-10-2008

This is what it says exactly from the add bank details page. Notice my husbands sir name is Marks. They put this in automatically so all we can do is insert the first name.

First Name:
Last Name:Marks
CountryAustralia
Bank Name:
Account Type:Account Type: Cheque
Savings
Bank/State/Branch Number (BSB):-(6 digits)
Account Number:(up to 9 digits)
Re-enter Account Number:

Banking information is very private here also, we have stricter privacy laws than America (we lived in the USA until april this year and have dual residence, so this can be handy for our USA account which is currently on "hold" via link ups from the long arms of paypal.) so it maybe okay?? I could add the same first name as on the new ebay & paypal account and see what happens........haven't much choice.
I am so interested to learn from you guys why is there such a big emphasis on a preloaded anonymous gift card etc? You talk about then getting a bank account anyway so why the need for this debit card? You feel it is safer to verify with a card than the bank account? why not just use the card and not even bother with the bank account? This point has got me beat!
I've spent energy trying to get a reloadable trustworthy virtual (private) debit card here in Australia which I cannot get anyway. You guys should just use these debit cards if they do the trick for you, and not bother with the bank accounts..........right? Am I missing something?
Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

How can paypal automatically put the family name in? You must have given it to them.
How did you create the paypal account?
Old 10-10-2008

[QUOTE=delsdisaster;61466]This is what it says exactly from the add bank details page. Notice my husbands sir name is Marks. They put this in automatically so all we can do is insert the first name.

First Name:
Last Name:Marks
CountryAustralia
Bank Name:
Account Type:Account Type: Cheque
Savings
Bank/State/Branch Number (BSB):-(6 digits)
Account Number:(up to 9 digits)
Re-enter Account Number:

Banking information is very private here also, we have stricter privacy laws than America (we lived in the USA until april this year and have dual residence, so this can be handy for our USA account which is currently on "hold" via link ups from the long arms of paypal.) so it maybe okay?? I could add the same first name as on the new ebay & paypal account and see what happens........haven't much choice.
I am so interested to learn from you guys why is there such a big emphasis on a preloaded anonymous gift card etc? You talk about then getting a bank account anyway so why the need for this debit card? You feel it is safer to verify with a card than the bank account? why not just use the card and not even bother with the bank account? This point has got me beat!
I've spent energy trying to get a reloadable trustworthy virtual (private) debit card here in Australia which I cannot get anyway. You guys should just use these debit cards if they do the trick for you, and not bother with the bank accounts..........right? Am I missing something?

[love is a circle, not a triangle]
Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

No need to repeat that post. Tell me exactly how you made the account from the start:
I am in Australia. I made a paypal account 50 minutes ago. I did not have this problem.
What I am asking is where did the information of the family name come from?
Old 10-11-2008

Well, this particular example is an existing paypal account. In order to familiarise myself with what they are going to ask me when I reapply for a new paypal a/c, this is whats on the page. It put the family name in for me, automatically with no choice for edit, yes, I guess because the paypal account name was in this name, so automatically they insert this name to the bank details for me. There is a notation up the top of the page reminding me that if the names aren't exactly the same, the small funds they verify with will not work, and the account will not be accepted. Bear in mind this was opened as a regular individual account and not a premier account.
Please tell me, as an authority from Australia, do you recommend I verify with some sort of USA virtual debit card (I have USA s/s and real address) as it seems Australia doesn't have one since bopo went down. I opened up 3 CBA accounts yesterday but fear using them now, for the reasons I outlined above. This is my first suspension, and I want to do this right. I am looking at paid proxies now also...........so much to take care of................

Last edited by delsdisaster; 10-11-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsdisaster View Post
There is a notation up the top of the page reminding me that if the names aren't exactly the same, the small funds they verify with will not work, and the account will not be accepted. Bear in mind this was opened as a regular individual account and not a premier account.

paypal have been putting that on OZ accounts for some time, at least the last 10 months They tell you it will cost $20.00 if you do it incorrectly? Con job.
Here's what I suggest you do:
make ebay account in name of Ms XYZ (whatever name you like)
make paypal account in SAME name. Now when you go to the page where it asks for Bank Account details, this is what you supply:
Ms XYZ(chosen name) BUT the correct BSB and account numbers.
As of last night, it did not matter to have a different name on paypal account from the actual bank account details. Does not matter which bank
you use here, 99% of the time it goes through the system OK. I have bank
statements with deposits of numerous different names.
If you need any more info, let me know. It is just a matter of paypal trying to trick people.
Old 10-11-2008

Oh thanks so much Green Bean.......It did cross my mind that paypal would say this to scare people into 'behaving'.......So now all I have to work out is where I will live according to my "new" address so that the ip address suits the location? From this crash course in the past 8 days, and from what I can determine, my IP address is static and supplied by my modem provider, lynksis. I looked at the AOL threads on some forum that suggested if I used aol email, ebay will assume I am on dial up if my IP address is constantly changing, what is your opinion on this for Australia, given that aol is not as popular here. Thanks in advance, this is so appreciated.
I noticed there is nothing under the AU threads for both ebay and paypal, maybe this convo should be relocated. I don't think I can initiate a post?

Last edited by delsdisaster; 10-11-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^
To start of with I do not live in Australia, I live in the US.
But 99% of what I can tell you would still be valid.
Maybe GreenBean can tell me what is not valid after I post this.

In order to open a NEW valid working Paypal account with no withdraw limits you need a few things.
1 - A ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Name/address/city/state/zip, that has never been used on Paypal.
2 - A new credit card with the SAME ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Name/address/city/state/zip attached to it, that has never been used on Paypal.
3 - A Bank account that has to be in your real name/address/city/state/zip, that has never been used on Paypal.
4 - A new IP Address for you computer.
5 - A New phone number, that has never been used on Paypal.

Use the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/address & phone number info as the account information.
Add the credit card ($1.00 USD) this will be refunded to you card in a week.
Add the bank account. Have PP do the 2 deposits to validate the account.
Get the 2 deposit amounts from your bank and enter them back into Paypal.

To remove the withdraw limits you have to do the Expanded Use dance.
Since you have already done the bank account you just have to do the credit card part now.
Go into the limits area of paypal and click on Remove Limits.
Paypal will charge your credit card ($1.95 USD).
On your credit card statement they will provide you with a 4 digit number.
Enter this 4 digit number back into Paypal.

Now you have a valid working Paypal account that has no withdraw limits.
This is the method that works everyday in the US.

GreenBean - please advise on the areas that are/are not valid for the Australia process.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes you just have to walk away from a bad paypal account and start a new one.
vincent_ (12-07-2016)
Old 10-11-2008

Thanks so much for the detailed solution. As a virtual debit visa is nearly impossible to find here unless I use Sweden or USA cards, I am wondering now if it is just worth it to me to verify with only a bank account and forget the bank card.......I am sure greenbean will have knowledge on this. I am worried the first 4 digits of the debit card will conflict with my aussie location. Our seem to start with 4022, well all mine have anyway. Also, I have no idea what sorts of limits would be placed on my account if I dont bank card verify. Do you mean sellers limits, or withdrawal to my bank account $ limits per day? Do you know exactly what this limitation is? Do you feel that I will be watched/flagged if I don't do the bank card process too? I only had 20% of my buyers using paypal, as I steer them from it wherever possible due to fees and now because it will be less hassle; the least they are involved the better. I will look into google checkouts etc to increase the use of debit/credit cards so buyers feel they have protection.
Again, I thank you both for your time.
Old 10-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

As far as I know Paypal does not have any seller limits but just withdraw limits.
In the USA if you do not lift your withdraw limits you can only get $500 per month.
I am unsure about your other issues due to the fact that I am in the US any you are in Australia.
I am sure GreenBean will be along shortly soon.
Old 10-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

great detailed info, even i could understand it!
the credit card was the easiest part for me, etropay you can switch the address around as many times as you want, getting another current account is a hassle but can do it.
BUT what about the phone number solution, if you have used yours on suspended account, UK virtual numbers are expensive as they want 12 mth contract usually, has anyone tried a free trial with jetnumbers or another to get the 4 digits to set up a e-bay/pp acc?
Old 10-19-2008
Threadstarter  

I am slightly confused. My paypal account:

I have added the bank account and verified.

However, i now need to lift the withdrawal limits. But i can enter the new card details etc, but what about the billing address it asks for? If i put my billing address will it not be linked to my old suspended eBay account. I cant put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address is it will not verify the card. You cant set up a credit card with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name can you?

Please help this is literally my last hurdle!

Many Thanks
Old 10-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:I can only share for the USA. IN the usa- you can switch up the info alittle, using last name INITIAL, Street Name INITIAL, same zip
(Just fyi)
Old 10-20-2008

Longevity: 89%

Hi. I'm having a problem raising the withdrawal limit on my own real personal account. I sell items on ebay, and often negotiate with buyers to complete the sale outside of ebay to minimize charges. For that reason, I made a personal account, so that I can accept paypal balance payments without any fees.

I have my real bank account already linked to this account, and it is verified. I have just recently used a simon gift card to add as a credit card on file. I have set it as my primary card. Now, the only thing it says that I have left to do, is confim the account by giving them the 4 digit expuse number.

Here is the issue. I've checked my simon account, and I have the number. However, when I go back to the credit/debit section of my paypal profile "confirm account" is nowhere to be found. Next to the address in that section, my only options are "edit/remove". Where am I supposed to enter the expuse number? The paypal tutoral thing, said it should be listed under edit/remove as an alternative option, but it is not. I'm confused.
Old 10-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

On the opening page it will have a link about limits somewhere near you balance.
Go there. Follow the instructions.
Old 10-24-2008

Longevity: 89%

Thanks HWGA. I have successfully raised my limits on my real account, and used the information I've gained through this website to create an annonymous account that is verified/confirmed without limits as well. I appreciate everyones help.