Bypassing phone verfication on new account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-14-2014

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%
Default Bypassing phone verfication on new account?

This must be somewhat new?

I haven't been creating accounts, but wanted to created some paypal accounts and then make ebay accounts in about 2 months and have these age.

I can't add a vba because it needs phone verfication "computer not recongized"..
I figured I'd let the account sit for 2 weeks and come back and try again, still no luck? I know of this happening for seperate reasons on other accounts and was able to get it fixed, BUT I've never seen this issue arise on brand new accounts?

I already know tracfones don't work, is there a solution to this? Does it need to age even longer? Is this because of the seller makerviet is selling vba's out of date to paypals newer policies? I've always bought from him with 0 issues. I know I can add a vcc but I like to add vba's first, proper stealth in my eyes.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Bypassing phone verfication on new account?

Tracfones only work if you added the number since the beginning of creation and most numbers work since the beginning of creation, but only if you let the account age. I don't know what paypal is thinking about this age where you can't verify your phone number unless your on a database 100%.People change there numbers over time for many reasons and business reasons. I created my account a few days ago and added a new number since creation and tried adding vba and gave me the same message phone is not in your name. If your adding gmac then your on the double verification list where you will have to verify your phone number, very few people are able to get passed this. Gmac was fine over a month ago, but now paypal has put it on a phone verification list.

Tell you the truth I have though this over very well and if you go online and purchase a phone owner list of the phone number you have then names pop up, if your name is not on it, probably won't work. Stupid because this is bad business for paypal losing customers.
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
Tracfones only work if you added the number since the beginning of creation and most numbers work since the beginning of creation, but only if you let the account age. I don't know what paypal is thinking about this age where you can't verify your phone number unless your on a database 100%.People change there numbers over time for many reasons and business reasons. I created my account a few days ago and added a new number since creation and tried adding vba and gave me the same message phone is not in your name. If your adding gmac then your on the double verification list where you will have to verify your phone number, very few people are able to get passed this. Gmac was fine over a month ago, but now paypal has put it on a phone verification list.

Tell you the truth I have though this over very well and if you go online and purchase a phone owner list of the phone number you have then names pop up, if your name is not on it, probably won't work. Stupid because this is bad business for paypal losing customers.
Your whole thought process on this is flawed. They limit your account or make you do certain things to verify your account and for a real person all these steps are simple. Because stealth is setup crappy with crappy things used you cant get by it but that in no way affects paypals business with real customers.
Old 12-14-2014

Question Re: Bypassing phone verfication on new account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Your whole thought process on this is flawed. They limit your account or make you do certain things to verify your account and for a real person all these steps are simple. Because stealth is setup crappy with crappy things used you cant get by it but that in no way affects paypals business with real customers.
I'm talking about stealth, but even I have a real account and tried to verify my phone number that I have a year ago and says number not registered in my name. So what else am I to think?
Old 12-14-2014

Your supposed to think nothing if its a real account you just call PayPal and clear it up
Old 12-14-2014

Quote:
Your supposed to think nothing if its a real account you just call PayPal and clear it up
Lol, point is the phone verification on paypal right now side is flawed, alot of people don't post and just give up, but whatever, it's flawed because alot of us have been having this issue for over a year with just trying to get passed phone verification. Anyways hope everybody the best.
Old 12-14-2014

Its not flawed it works great for paypal most real people can pass it and stealthers or scammers cant and real people who cant just need to contact paypal and issue resolved. works great for them not so good for stealthers or scammers.
Old 12-14-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Its not flawed it works great for paypal most real people can pass it and stealthers or scammers cant and real people who
cant just need to contact paypal and issue resolved. works great for them not so good for stealthers or scammers.
Yes if it's a real account you could have changed your number recently and fail the verification so when u call in paypal will give you public Database questions to,verify your identity

If your a Stealth user the phone number you use when creating the account is very important and you need to keep that for the life of the account.

I have passed verification many times using every kind of number any cell company and different VOIP apps, the key is any number works if it's the one that was used during creation

But once you trip that security and get ask for verification you than can only add a phone that matches the name and address of the account holder, or once in a while a random number may work but not often
Old 12-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yes if it's a real account you could have changed your number recently and fail the verification so when u call in paypal will give you public Database questions to,verify your identity

If your a Stealth user the phone number you use when creating the account is very important and you need to keep that for the life of the account.

I have passed verification many times using every kind of number any cell company and different VOIP apps, the key is any number works if it's the one that was used during creation

But once you trip that security and get ask for verification you than can only add a phone that matches the name and address of the account holder, or once in a while a random number may work but not often
Best answer I have ever received for phone verification. Really it's not the phone company that is bad. It's just they want the original phone number on the account. No wonder!
Old 12-14-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It makes sense because once u get asked for the verification you just cant add any number after that happens, than if someone does hack into your account they would be able to just add any cell phone and drain funds from your account.

I think they really became more sensitive to verification since they had a data breach last year, so know when you make a stealth account just be aware of that and the phone number you make the account with is one that you need to always have access to

I use a lot of apps like text plus when I make the account and it works fine when eBay needs to text a confirmation code when u list a item on a newer account once in a while, and it works with paypal I just choose the call to enter the code because the apps don't receive texts for paypal

For 1.99 you start a subscription which keeps the same number for one year, so it's really cheap and works, I also use tracFONES and other apps, as long as they were the number used when creating all the numbers work
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
astralman (12-15-2014)
Old 12-15-2014

Question Re: Bypassing phone verfication on new account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It makes sense because once u get asked for the verification you just cant add any number after that happens, than if someone does hack into your account they would be able to just add any cell phone and drain funds from your account.

I think they really became more sensitive to verification since they had a data breach last year, so know when you make a stealth account just be aware of that and the phone number you make the account with is one that you need to always have access to

I use a lot of apps like text plus when I make the account and it works fine when eBay needs to text a confirmation code when u list a item on a newer account once in a while, and it works with paypal I just choose the call to enter the code because the apps don't receive texts for paypal

For 1.99 you start a subscription which keeps the same number for one year, so it's really cheap and works, I also use tracFONES and other apps, as long as they were the number used when creating all the numbers work
Yeah, that's the only solution even I have tried creating an account brand new and adding bank account and gives me phone verification. Probably have to wait 30 days just to verify it also from creation date with phone for some people. Well thanks dmshark, you solved the puzzle no wonder nobody can get through phone verification by adding a new number for stealthers.

Has anybody tried calling in and passing the public database questions? Or quick fail?
Old 12-15-2014

Database questions are a fail because they need soc to get the questions started
Old 12-15-2014

Quote:
Database questions are a fail because they need soc to get the questions started
Aw sucks, thought it was like ebay where no ssn was needed just questions generated like a few months ago. I guess just have to wait to until it goes away.