Obama can't be a Secret Service Agent - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Obama can't be a Secret Service Agent

because of his close ties to terrorist Bill Ayers, but somehow he is qualified to be President?

This man held fundraisers for the Obama campaign. Knowing about who you're voting for is something 21st century Americans fail to grasp.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

When did Obama win the election?
Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Where did my post go??????
Who is deleting my posts and why?
Old 10-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

i think he is lol
Old 10-16-2008
Threadstarter  

You think he is what? An Unfit president? Good Call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
That's pretty much akin to swift boat politics, wouldn't you say?
At least he's not a redneck..

Last edited by Caseyjr86; 10-16-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Is this the last desperate attack that Republicans can come up with? They can't even hold states anymore that have voted Republican for 70 years. And that's not because of Independents, but because Republicans themselves are switching sides.

You all keep talking how Ayers has held a fundraiser for Obama and that he financed his campaign. But how much was that contribution really? I'll tell you. It was $200. A $200 donation from this fundraiser. It must have been a tiny fundraiser. Hardly supported by Obama if Obama even knew about it at all. But Ayers is not the issue here. The issue is the economy. McCain has spent more time thrashing Obama this last week than he has spent addressing the economy. And it shows in the polls.

It's game over for McCain, come back to read this line on November 5th.
Old 10-16-2008

Default Isn't this an eBay/PAYPAL support site?

Since when is this a political awareness site? I am a card carrying Republican and am already looking for a new country to live in if Obama wins. All his plans for Govt. Managed Health Care and other Govt ran social programs are going to cost all middle income people - like you and me - a LOT of money. Where in the world do you think they are going to get the money to finance these huge Social programs? Can anyone come up with a single example of an industry that the Govt. runs better, cheaper and more efficiently than private business? Right now, you can walk into ANY hospital and get medical care regardless of your ability to pay. You get the same care as the people walking in with insurance cards. Now, think about what you were put through the last time you licensed your car. Remember the lines, long waits, underpaid state/federal employees who would rather be anywhere than where they are. You usually burn a half a day to get license plates for your car. That is the way the Govt. does things. Do you think that Govt. managed health care will be different? Yes it will be different. It will be worse, much much worse. Govt. health care does not mean the highest and best possible care. The American people cannot afford to provide the best, most cutting edge medical care to everyone who might need it. The countries that have Socialized medical care have 2-3 year waiting lists for people needing surgery if their condition is not imminently life threatening. The ones who can afford it come to the US where we have the best doctors and pay for their surgery here. Managed health care does not mean health care on demand. It means that a lot of American's will be brought down to a standard of health care that is significantly lower than they ever imagined. It is one step below an HMO. A big step. Wealthy people will always have private insurance and the best doctors and hospitals. People who use Govt. run health care will wait hours to see doctors who have only had their shingle for 9 hours or have their medical degree from a country that you cannot pronounce much less find on a map! The American public is in for a BIG surprise. Unfortunately, once the Govt.. starts collecting extra taxes to pay for all this - bringing our tax rate to somewhere in the 50% range, it will be forever. They NEVER lower the tax rate once it is raised regardless of whether the reason it was raised is no longer in existence. "Take from the rich, give to the poor." That is Robin Hood. This is a fairy tale. The fact is that the rich will always have better health care, better housing ... better everything. Isn't that why we are all on this site trying to find ways to make more money on eBay?? We know that having money is more fun than not having money. It will always be that way. If taxes get higher, minimum wage is increased significantly, and labor unions become common - you will see big business relocating their factories and jobs elsewhere faster than spit flies. That means that all the money that they bring to the economy will be gone. Yes, they make a lot of money off middle income taxpayer's backs. But they also stimulate the economy and pay a lot of taxes. No amount of laws can prevent them from taking their businesses and jobs to where ever in the world they want to re-locate. When they are gone along with the taxes that they pay, the Govt. will come after the easiest target to make up the difference - US. No, I am not a huge McCain/Pallin fan. I am very pro-choice. This isn't the first time that we have had a presidential election where I wasn't happy with EITHER candidate. I actually voted for Ross Perot! I will go to the poll next month and cast my vote in all the smaller races, but I will probably leave the presidential race blank. That said, I still vote for candidates that protect my pocketbook more than my social values. It is truly a shame that neither party can give us a candidate who gets the govt. out of our bedrooms and allows the private sector to manage our business without interfering. Obama is seriously bad news. Canada is looking pretty good right now.
Old 10-16-2008

Longevity: 92%

Government healthcare would be better. Why? Have you ever watched the movie Sicko? Health care is completely free in England, France, and even Cuba. Doesn't matter if you are having a baby, have a cold, have cancer or AIDS. Its all FREE. Hmmm but do they pay more taxes then us? NO!! In france they even have delivery doctors who come to your house for checkups..........FREE. Oh get this, in China and Japan, health insurance costs $3 a month and it covers EVERYTHING, even if you have AIDS.

Don't sit there and tell me Government ran health care would suck. Look at the Post office. How will we get this money? I don't know but aren't we as a country 10 trillion in debt? Why not make it 50 trillion?

I personally pay $300 a month for health insurance and then, most of the time they don't cover crap. So what is the reason I pay them for? I costs $200 to see the doctor for 5 minutes. My friend just had a baby and the bill was $8000. Guess what, its FREE in MOST countries.

Sure anyone can walk into a hospital and get treatment. But then they are billed $200 an hour plus $600 a day for overnight. And if you can't pay, then your credit is f*cked. Sounds like a deal?

America is one of the most powerful and most wealthy countries in the world, yet our peoples' health is worse than Cubans. How the crap did that happen? Screw those greedy doctors, and insurance companies.

Thats why I'm voting for Obama.
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
I am a card carrying Republican and am already looking for a new country to live in if Obama wins.
That's typically Republican. Break the whole country during the last 8 years and then run away. The whole US population had to live under Bush's policies for the last 8 years, but when a Democrat becomes president, you're looking for a new country to live in.

Hilarious, keep it coming! :D

Last edited by imjustme; 10-16-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Is this the last desperate attack that Republicans can come up with? They can't even hold states anymore that have voted Republican for 70 years. And that's not because of Independents, but because Republicans themselves are switching sides.

You all keep talking how Ayers has held a fundraiser for Obama and that he financed his campaign. But how much was that contribution really? I'll tell you. It was $200. A $200 donation from this fundraiser. It must have been a tiny fundraiser. Hardly supported by Obama if Obama even knew about it at all. But Ayers is not the issue here. The issue is the economy. McCain has spent more time thrashing Obama this last week than he has spent addressing the economy. And it shows in the polls.

Not only did he hold a fundraiser, he denied them being friends but they met a few times in his own LIVING room. Obama said they aren't friends so it must be true! I've never lied before in my life either!

God people are so naive. So some random terrorist who happened to "just live in his neighborhood" decided to fund his campaign? Stop being completely ignorant. I'm convinced most of Obama's supporters are only supporters because it is trendy to support him. It is sad how stupid people are nowadays.

Yes, Obama has the solution to all economical problems... NOT! Do you realize how important/popular it is to cut spending and work on recovering our economy? Oh, but lets give everyone health care! That is such a brilliant idea!!!

This is the same stupid mindset Obama had at Acorn. "Everyone deserves a house even if they're poor" Look where that got us. The loan system was completely destroyed and it was just reported that millions of illegal immigrants were able to take out loans to purchase homes they couldn't afford.

You aren't GIVEN everything by the government, you have to work and earn your ****.

Not to mention, he has barely any international experience. All he did in the 2nd debate was highlight what McCain said and add a few things in. And the stuff he was original about? Stupid.
Old 10-16-2008
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post

Exactly ..dead on.. whats wrong with people? do they not see what is about to come of the USA. people better start smarting up and look beyond. Its serious ot here and Mccain is not the answer.. I cant believe people who support Mccain. i cant stand people who down Obama. So what abot his past. Every president had past. George Bush was a proven flunkie , a drunk and he had a DUI before he got into office.
Old 10-16-2008
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjr86 View Post
Not only did he hold a fundraiser, he denied them being friends but they met a few times in his own LIVING room. Obama said they aren't friends so it must be true! I've never lied before in my life either!

God people are so naive. So some random terrorist who happened to "just live in his neighborhood" decided to fund his campaign? Stop being completely ignorant. I'm convinced most of Obama's supporters are only supporters because it is trendy to support him. It is sad how stupid people are nowadays.

Yes, Obama has the solution to all economical problems... NOT! Do you realize how important/popular it is to cut spending and work on recovering our economy? Oh, but lets give everyone health care! That is such a brilliant idea!!!

This is the same stupid mindset Obama had at Acorn. "Everyone deserves a house even if they're poor" Look where that got us. The loan system was completely destroyed and it was just reported that millions of illegal immigrants were able to take out loans to purchase homes they couldn't afford.

You aren't GIVEN everything by the government, you have to work and earn your ****.

Not to mention, he has barely any international experience. All he did in the 2nd debate was highlight what McCain said and add a few things in. And the stuff he was original about? Stupid.
I met plenty of people in my living room and i dont always call every person i met in my living room 'friends' Your a typical republican.. One Track mind and cant see nor think beyond 3 feet. Get real!

Also he cant stop a person from holding his fundraisers.

International experience?? that where Joe Bidden comes in.. Does Mccain have any Domestic experience??LOL all he talks about is him being a POW..

its time for people to stop being greedy. this is America and every body here shouldnt have to suffer. Obabma doesnt want to give hand outs to the porr. he is only going to help people who are trying o help themselves such as the average worker or the person who worked 30 years then was laid.

Last edited by imthatguy; 10-16-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2008

To be honest, I don't really like either. Neither guys are perfect. But if I had to choose, which I do, I'm going with Obama.
Old 10-17-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Since when is this a political awareness site? I am a card carrying Republican and am already looking for a new country to live in if Obama wins. All his plans for Govt. Managed Health Care and other Govt ran social programs are going to cost all middle income people - like you and me - a LOT of money. Where in the world do you think they are going to get the money to finance these huge Social programs?
We have free health care (Canada), free education, we also have loads of social programs and our tax aren't higher. You could have all of that too if you weren't spending so much money in the military...
Old 10-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
International experience?? that where Joe Bidden comes in.. Does Mccain have any Domestic experience??LOL all he talks about is him being a POW..
We should not forget McCain's and Palin's foreign experience, to be fair here.

McCain spent 2 years in a Vietnamese prison. He knows that Vietnamese prison cell better than anyone, I'll tell you. And if Osama bin Laden is ever hiding there, you bet McCain will find him.

Palin has 30 years of Moose hunting experience. She thinks Moose come over from Russia, so that qualifies as 'foreign experience'.

On a bit of a side note, she spoke to a crowd in North Carolina and how hot it was there today for an 'Alaskan gal', but she failed to mention that nearly 400 North Carolina early voting stations are open now.
Old 10-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazcorp View Post
We have free health care (Canada), free education, we also have loads of social programs and our tax aren't higher. You could have all of that too if you weren't spending so much money in the military...
Well, hey, you guys don't have to worry about military. You have us as your neighbors. It's a necessity.
Old 10-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjr86 View Post
Well, hey, you guys don't have to worry about military. You have us as your neighbors. It's a necessity.
At least Canada won't have to worry about North Korea or Iran invading them
Old 10-18-2008

Default Country's with Socialized Health Care

Hmmmmm. Lets look at your response Itsjustme. All the countries that you mentioned with successful (which is a matter of opinion) Govt. Paid (as in Tax Payer Paid) Health Care have no Defense. Who do they look to when they are getting pushed around? - The US. We are still a major Super Power and cannot afford to have a diminished Defense. Lest we forget that France wouldn't even let US military planes fly over their airspace during the Gulf War. Yet, if they get into trouble the will be coming to us, hand out, looking for us to defend them. Oh yeh, how about 9-11. Yes, technically this happened during Bush's term but he had been in office less than 8 months when it occurred. No President can undo 8 years of a Democratic Presidents blunders in 8 months. Don't even get me started on Bill Clinton - the master liar. He swore on Natl. TV that he was "not having sexual relations with this woman." Now, I could care less who he has sexual relations with. The thought of him naked makes me nauseous. BUT - he was off in his private bathroom - on a number of occasions - while he was on my dime - doing whatever with a 19 year old - also on my dime. Then he and his wife - and Hillary is no dummy - lied to the America public about it. Maybe if he hadn't been such a sexual predator he could have applied his significant mental abilities towards protecting the country from Terrorists. 9-11 was tragic but very predictable. We had been hearing about how vulnerable we were to Terrorist attacks for years. Back to Govt. run programs. Do you really think that the postal system is the best we can do? If that were the case then Fed Ex, DHL, UPS would be out of business. Have you ever heard the phrase - going postal? This is because the postal workers are in a bad place. Finally, I do not hear of many American's going to the countries you mention with Socialized Medical Care because they have the best doctors and treatment options. In fact, it works the other way around. People from all over the world come to the US for treatment when the chips are down and they can afford it. Competition and the ability to make a lot of money encourage excellence and efficiency. That is the philosophy that this country was founded under. I studied under one of the most impressive economists of the 20th century and he started my first class stating "There is no free lunch." He spent the next year explaining why.
Old 10-18-2008

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. No need in argument. You have yours and I have mine.
Old 10-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Lets look at your response Itsjustme. All the countries that you mentioned with successful (which is a matter of opinion) Govt. Paid (as in Tax Payer Paid) Health Care have no Defense.
I didn't mention any countries with health free health care. You got me confused with another poster. Go back up there and read who wrote it. Not me.

Quote:
Who do they look to when they are getting pushed around? - The US. We are still a major Super Power and cannot afford to have a diminished Defense. Lest we forget that France wouldn't even let US military planes fly over their airspace during the Gulf War. Yet, if they get into trouble the will be coming to us, hand out, looking for us to defend them.
When was the last time France asked the US for help? Around 1944? 64 years ago? I can't remember any country being 'pushed around' that asked the US for help. The US military budget is a waste of tax payer's money.

The world doesn't need the US to play world police. Every country can defend itself. Or do you think France, Britain, Italy and other countries don't have military? Just as an example, the French airforce has 560 aircraft, 65,000 personnel. The French Navy has 1 aircraft carrier, 1 helicopter carrier, 12 destroyers, 11 frigates, 9 corvettes, 4 ballistic missile submarines, 6 nuclear attack submarines among others. Way enough to defend France. I'm just using France as an example since you brought it up.

The US military is used to fight useless battles like Afghanistan and Iraq. The bombing in Iraq has caused over 100,000 civilian deaths. Has it made the US any safer? No. Every one of those 100,000 civilian dead has family members. Don't think they'll be standing at the street waving American flags. More likely they're training to become terrorists in revenge. If Iraqis were to bomb the US and cause over 100,000 dead civilians, Americans wouldn't be standing on the streets waving Iraqi flags and smiling either.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are just causing more terrorism. It's a fact that terrorism around the world has grown since these wars started. What they should have done is strategically gone after Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein, with targeted air strikes if anything at all, not after the entire countries.

Quote:
Don't even get me started on Bill Clinton - the master liar. He swore on Natl. TV that he was "not having sexual relations with this woman." Now, I could care less who he has sexual relations with.
Clinton lying about getting his dick sucked by Monica didn't harm a single fly. Bush lying about weapons of mass destruction got 100,000 innocent people killed. You can't even imagine this kind of a human tragedy. If you lost your mother or father, imagine how that would feel. Thousands of people lost their father, mother, brother, sister, etc. ...all for nothing.

Quote:
The thought of him naked makes me nauseous.
So does the thought of Bush naked. Don't even get me started on that.

Quote:
Maybe if he hadn't been such a sexual predator he could have applied his significant mental abilities towards protecting the country from Terrorists.
Predator? How does getting your dick sucked make you a sexual predator? Or was Monica raped now?

Quote:
Finally, I do not hear of many American's going to the countries you mention with Socialized Medical Care because they have the best doctors and treatment options. In fact, it works the other way around. People from all over the world come to the US for treatment when the chips are down and they can afford it.
You're absolutely right. The US has a great health care system, for those that can afford it. Sadly, 95% of the American people cannot.

Quote:
Competition and the ability to make a lot of money encourage excellence and efficiency. That is the philosophy that this country was founded under. I studied under one of the most impressive economists of the 20th century and he started my first class stating "There is no free lunch." He spent the next year explaining why.
That's nice to hear. It's just too bad you didn't learn anything.

Last edited by imjustme; 10-18-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2008

Default I learned plenty

Just to clarify, I have an MBA and a Phd in Public Administration. I spent years studying new, more honest ways to Poll the American people. That was what my Dissertation was about. I am really a statistician. There is a saying that there are liars, damn liars and statisticians. I would like to bring more honesty to this profession. But because I know how easy it is to make a poll or survey say what you want it to say - I never believe them. The polls that say who's ahead in this race are frequently done with less than 1000 people who are carefully -not randomly - chosen, depending on what you want the outcome to be. There are so many ways to make a poll say what you want that it makes the results completely irrelevant. (Actually there is a way to poll only 1000 people across the US and if done right give an accurate reading on a number of issues.) Maybe your candidate is ahead. However, I am not going to start looking for another country to live in until all the votes are in. As for Clinton being a sexual predator - I was referring to his past - even back in Arkansas. I have some friends down there who are highly placed in Democratic politics and Clinton's Sexual Exploits are well known and many. During his run for the Presidency, they had a team of people who did nothing but clean up after him in this regard. (I believe that they made a movie about this and John Travolta was the lead.) The thing that pissed me off the most was that he looked right in the camera and LIED to the America people. So did Hillary - and she knew the truth. If it was no big deal -then admit it. As for our country being in so much debt that it doesn't matter if we double or triple it by spending dollars we don't have and end up printing money that will continue to be devalued on the world market - it makes a huge difference in the price of goods and services that we get from other countries. I am a real believer in letting a Free and Open market determine what we pay for everything - including health care. You will be paying much more than $300.00 per month for sub-standard health care. It will be coming out in the form of taxes, and the cost of living will go up too as the dollar falls and our best and brightest go elsewhere to run their businesses and trades. Why shouldn't the best doctors get as much compensation as possible? Who decided that excellence shouldn't be rewarded? If you were doing twice the work as the guy next to you I would imagine that you would expect to make twice the salary or you would be going somewhere else to work. Govt. subsidized programs - as in the taxpayers foot the bill, are against the entire philosophy of a free and open market. This is what made America the Super Power that it is. We have fallen several notches but the reasons behind that all reveal policies that do not follow the Free Market philosophy. The Banking problems are a perfect example. Banks were pressured into approving home loans for people who could not pay them back and they went along because they were told that it was all insured and they would get paid when these borrowers defaulted on their loans - which was predictable back in the Clinton years. Yeh, poor people got to buy houses that they couldn't afford and now the taxpayers are picking up the tab. In a Free Market only those individuals who can pay back these loans would get them. Since when is this a bad idea. If we want to provide free housing to the poor - then lets do it. It would have been cheaper than the mess we are in now.

l don't expect to change anyones mind about any of these issues. There is plenty of blame to spread around to both parties and our representatives in Washington. Lobbyists and 20 year old aids run our government while our elected officials spend most of their time trying to get re-elected. This is a fact of life. I don't know the answer to this except that people need to be more informed about what their elected officials are actually doing in DC. This is the last political message that I will post on this site. Let me just say that America is still the leader of the Free World and as such has a responsibility to protect the rights of the oppressed all over the world. Do you really want to change this? Is it each for their own now?? Then why do you think that your neighbor wants to pay your medical bills because they are healthy and you are not? How about people who continue to reproduce without any concern that they cannot possibly afford to take care of these children? I have 4 children and they are expensive. I wouldn't dream of expecting my neighbor to pay more taxes so that I can get govt subsidies to pay for my choices. And my health insurance is $600.00 per month - for me only - so I wouldn't be complaining at all.
Old 10-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Just to clarify, I have an MBA and a Phd in Public Administration. I spent years studying new, more honest ways to Poll the American people.
I don't mean any disrespect, but you can hold a degree and still not having learned anything.

Quote:
I am really a statistician.
Alright. You're a statistician.

Quote:
The polls that say who's ahead in this race are frequently done with less than 1000 people who are carefully -not randomly - chosen, depending on what you want the outcome to be. There are so many ways to make a poll say what you want that it makes the results completely irrelevant. (Actually there is a way to poll only 1000 people across the US and if done right give an accurate reading on a number of issues.) Maybe your candidate is ahead.
This doesn't make any sense. You say you're a statistician, but then you say you don't believe the statistics. A statistician that doesn't believe the statistics? Hardly a statistician.

Unless Obama pulls a stunt like having a threesome with BOTH Hillary and Oprah, gets caught on tape AND denies it, he's not going to lose this election.

Quote:
However, I am not going to start looking for another country to live in until all the votes are in.
Like I said before, Democrats had to live with Bush for 8 years, but when a Democrat becomes president, the Republicans start crying and run away to another country. Just don't forget it's not easy moving to another country, you have to meet their Immigration requirements, such as being able to work in a job that they need, be married to someone from that country or support your child that has this country's nationality. It's not so easy, so you may want to get started early.

Quote:
As for Clinton being a sexual predator - I was referring to his past - even back in Arkansas. I have some friends down there who are highly placed in Democratic politics and Clinton's Sexual Exploits are well known and many.
Ah, the "I have some friends..." argument. I have some friends too that say McCain is senile. Should I believe them? Yes? No? Must be true, right?

Quote:
The thing that pissed me off the most was that he looked right in the camera and LIED to the America people.
Nobody is saying Clinton didn't lie. But his lies didn't get anyone killed. Bush's lies got over 100,000 innocent people killed. Why is Bush not being impeached for lying?

Quote:
As for our country being in so much debt that it doesn't matter if we double or triple it by spending dollars we don't have and end up printing money that will continue to be devalued on the world market - it makes a huge difference in the price of goods and services that we get from other countries.
That's the kind of policy that got things where they are now in the first place. The "we're so much in debt it doesn't matter if we make more debt" attitude of the Bush administration. It DOES matter whether you owe 1 apple or 10 apples (I'm using apples, to make it simple for you).

Quote:
It will be coming out in the form of taxes, and the cost of living will go up too as the dollar falls and our best and brightest go elsewhere to run their businesses and trades.
Little Einstein right there. I think my dog's fleas mentioned that before. It's called common sense.

Quote:
This is what made America the Super Power that it is. We have fallen several notches but the reasons behind that all reveal policies that do not follow the Free Market philosophy.
And how come Bush wasn't able to fix that in 8 years?

Quote:
l don't expect to change anyones mind about any of these issues.
I gave up on that long time ago. Now I just focus on making fun of people who still don't get it.

Quote:
This is the last political message that I will post on this site. Let me just say that America is still the leader of the Free World and as such has a responsibility to protect the rights of the oppressed all over the world.
The leader of ...what? Protect ...who? The leader of Afghanistan? Protect Iraq? The "leader of the free world" is such a piece of poop. The "free world" are countries like Italy, Spain, Germany, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Argentina, etc. Is the United States the leader of all those countries? Nope.

And the oppressed all over the world are in countries like Myanmar, North Korea, China. Why isn't the United States helping those people? Tell me. Oh, wait ...Myanmar has no oil/gas reserves. The people there don't deserve being liberated. North Korea, they have nuclear weapons, we don't want to get nuked while liberating. And China ...well, China. A huge army and thousands of nuclear weapons, the people there are oppressed but we'll leave them alone, don't even speak of liberating China.

Do you get my point?