Buyer "item not as described" should i just refund ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Buyer "item not as described" should i just refund ?

Hi everyone. Advice please. My Ebay and Paypal all going great until now. I sent the wrong item to someone, they didn't even email me first. Buyers are notoriously bad for not communicating, not the other way around, they don't leave feedback in 80% of cases

They opened a " Item not as described". I emailed the buyer telling them I will send the correct item right away. should I just just let paypal refund him or her or do I need to send the correct item. So far no response to my emails. If he send back item il need to have him mail it to a address that ill be at for the holidays.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Buyer "item not as described" should i just refund ?

If you responded in resolution center it is now on the buyer to take action if the buyer dpes not take action the case will close
Old 12-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

If its cheap, eat the loss. Refund

If they are trying to work with you, then work with them.
Old 12-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Your main concern at this point would be the negative feedback since you already have the 'defect' for this transaction.
You can always try to communicate with the buyer directly over the phone by getting his contact info through ebay - easy enough to do and in many cases (for me at least) saves me the negative feedback I would have otherwise taken.
Old 12-13-2014
Threadstarter  

The buyer was very pissed , said He cant believe someone would do this, he said wha kind of a person does this , "I want my refund so I can buy from someone who actualy has the item. And he says, "Now I gotta spend the money to ship back to him" He says, hes uppalled and is quite upset. Ive emailed him because we , should be able to work it out without ebay or paypal, I can refuse the refund and chose to refund him in another way.

If He responds to me I can tell him I can send him some cash to mail back the item and Ill send replace the correct item. The other way he has to send back to me and it il take weeks to finish this.
Old 12-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Hes not getting a refund from me. I have the item , I made a shiping mistake it even says workout the case with the buyer , now we will see if hes a asshole and actualy is a man and can awnser me he has 10 feedbacks I have 7 . Buyers are horse****.
Old 12-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Ive been thru this rodeo before. Someone before in my other life bought two things from me, 0 feedback, They were unhappy I asked repeadetly to email me , Buyers are usurping one of the founding principals of ebay TRUST. Buyers and sellers need to have trust first. Before any buyng takes place we must communicate by asking questions, I never buy a item unless I talk to the sellers first, If they don't respond , I wont do business with them period.
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Sounds like the Buyer also is probably stretching how they really feel, Buyer is acting like you totally destroyed their lives! lol, I mean no one is that pissed...I've made purchases on ebay where I got the wrong item and was never that pissed off.
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 56%

I always send my buyers a return shipping label via email. This way they don't have to bitch and moan about paying the return costs. Sounds like your buyer has other issues.

I also prefer to contact my buyers via phone. Amazes me how people are so different on the phone vs. behind a keyboard.
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
If its cheap, eat the loss. Refund

If they are trying to work with you, then work with them.
I agree

My first sale with first stealth was an open case for NAD.
Believe me, i would have argued to the bitter end in the past.
But i was driven to say i was really sorry and that i wouldnt dream of expecting them to send it.back so they could keep it with a refund too. Buyer was well happy and left great.feedback.

I would do that again and again if the overall cost is low.
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I handle this differant, but it is because I handle a lot of this stuff.

I simply respond through the paypal/ebay disputes, "return item for a refund" and I never attempt to communicate with someone like you are describing.

75+% of the time they never send the item back, case closes and if they leave negative feedback it gets removed.
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

It does not matter if buyers dont leave feedback or if the buyer was pissed in the message. The deal is that you made a mistake and sent the wrong item. You need to correct it asap.

Dont worry, we have all been there, done that. Just last week I sent 2 people the wrong item, I corrected it by sending them a return label via their email, they got it 2 days later and left positive feedback.

When the 2 buyers asked why I sent the wrong item, I simply said that my little brother was helping me pack, and that he must of put the wrong item in. I am very sorry about it and sorry if it caused any issues or problems. I offered them a 5% discount for their problems, 1 buyer said sure, the other buyer didnt take up the offer. I recieved both items back within 4 days, they left good feedback and I moved them to other Christmas issues.

Give the buyer time to respond, they might have their own problems to deal with like work family, or a nagging wife/husband/other creature.
Old 12-14-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

New buyers especially don't understand the power they have over a transaction, buyers often feel like since the transaction is online and If an issue comes up right away they think that it's a scam , like eBay is the black Market

So to insure they get a refund they open a case and just exaggerate the whole situation 100X of what it is , buyers feel by doing that and making it look like the seller is a total fraud that they will be protected by eBay and get refunded

They just don't get that it's almost impossible to be scammed on eBay, I still don't know how that would happen, even if a buyer received instant payment withdrew and abandoned the account they still get refunded by eBay and there account just goes negative
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-20-2014)
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
New buyers especially don't understand the power they have over a transaction, buyers often feel like since the transaction is online and If an issue comes up right away they think that it's a scam , like eBay is the black Market

So to insure they get a refund they open a case and just exaggerate the whole situation 100X of what it is , buyers feel by doing that and making it look like the seller is a total fraud that they will be protected by eBay and get refunded

They just don't get that it's almost impossible to be scammed on eBay, I still don't know how that would happen, even if a buyer received instant payment withdrew and abandoned the account they still get refunded by eBay and there account just goes negative
It doesn't matter if the buyer is new or old, the OP made a mistake in sending the wrong item and he/she needs to correct it.

The mistake is on the seller, not the buyer. And some buyers dont know that with the new ebay case management thing, they might not know that they are opening a case when something goes wrong.

Lots of buyers only shop on ebay maybe a few times every few months or years. But always watch out for those "pro buyers".
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
bluestraps (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014
Threadstarter  

This is my beginning communication with the buyer after emailing several times to get her attention.

One big reason I jst think to send refund is I have the December 20th evaluation and id like to close the dispute before that. If I refund her the case closes, because its not a case yet unless we escalate it .

Also Im almost at 10 DSR's I don't think its a strike against me unless she escalates to a claim.

#1.Shes not responding to my requests for a clear communication between us, not saying she will return it .
#2. Ive left dirctions for her saying she has to respond in the dispute for us to inform paypal that ive sent a replacement and the buyer agrees

I don't want to send anything NEW to her without verifying the item is missing pieces which I know is not.. Between all this , it'll take weeks to finish this .

"I see that you did send me an email. I was waiting for the email to come to my email box. Sometimes I forget to check my eBay email box. I can understand your frustration with communication. But, still don't let this online business put a personality bug eater under your chin.

Just stay focus, "money in the bank, satisfied customer, who's next?" and with this experience; add it to your list of things to perfect-organization- and keep it moving because I will reorder something from you in the future, when you send me an email on what you are selling. Okay little booo"

also "Also please stop sounding the elephant alarm on "why can't the buyer communicate with us" Why not just correct the error, apologize for any inconvenience and that you will be sending the correct package and will reimburse the purchaser for return fees.

Better yet next time send an email to your customer like everyone else does; asking them did there package arrive okay"
Old 12-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes im aware of all the responsibilities, I think it would be easier if paypal made everyone go thru 2 or 3 days of a wating period again so we can notify if theres a problem. Ive even made it clear in my auctions that I what buyers to contact me first if anything is wrong . The trust thing that Pierre Olmydar stressed in the ebay culture is surely not working .

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...laimResolution
Old 12-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@bluestraps, you have made your informed decision - analysis proper
Old 12-18-2014

Longevity: 54%

How much does this cost?
Old 12-18-2014

Longevity: 54%

this buyer wants his money back and he will do anything to get it, don't piss him off more than he is now. things could get ugly
Old 12-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

And the OP is joining battle by going so defensive after making the error in the first place.

Wrong item sent: sux it up time: keep account viable.

ps: it was a mistake I agee. But the OP needs to keep the power and not the toe-rag buyer.

It's business not personal.
Old 12-20-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Sounds like the Buyer also is probably stretching how they really feel, Buyer is acting like you totally destroyed their lives! lol, I mean no one is that pissed...I've made purchases on ebay where I got the wrong item and was never that pissed off.
my gosh do some people exaggerate like nothing I have ever seen before.

throw them in a third world country for a few hrs n they ll shutup crying after that
Old 12-20-2014
Banned

Quote:

EXACTLY