Is eBay OVERsuspending? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Is eBay OVERsuspending?

Browsing through the Trust & Safety forums at eBay, you get the distinct feeling that eBay is suspending MORE these days.

MORE often, MORE harshly, MORE unfairly, MORE accounts.

In light of the recent surge in suspension activity this is understandable.
But you also get the distinct feeling that the victims are often not telling everything.
Heck, they're clueless.
They never know what hit them!
Given that they're on eBay property, and their user ID is visible, it's plausible that confession is not exactly what they're there for...

It may then seem disturbing to entertain the thought that eBay may often be UNDERsuspending.
Suspending LESS visibly than their information could prompt them to.

I have on occasion had the opportunity to make mistakes -- and took it.
When account A was in breach, account B, which was linked to A by careless information, fell as well. Yet, to my surprise, account C, which I knew to be linked by the same careless information, was left alone.
At first I thought " They missed it. They're not perfect, they missed it..."
4 months later, Account C (with 44 feedback score) has an auction cancelled for "going against the letter and spirit of the eBay values etc etc..".

What this auction had wrong with it, is that it was a low priced auction (not penny auction, but 10 cents) and had this text:
" If item sells for less than 50 cents, no need to make payment (because of PayPal fees)"
They could not have picked this up by title scanning alone. They had to read descriptions, and read deep. Since they cannot read 1 million auctions every day, it's clear that this account had been singled out for scrutiny.

I suddenly became very weary of this account, in my mind, it was compromised. I realized I would not be able to do any serious selling with this account, so I tested the waters. I bid on 2 ebook penny auctions. The following day, it was suspended. No reason given.
The penny auctions are usually a kiss of death for new accounts, which are kept under close scrutiny. But this account was 14 months old. The fact that 2 penny auctions triggered closure means that the account was heavily flagged.

Lesson learned.
If after an eBay shakedown you still have some assets left standing, they're probably on shaky ground. eBay leaves them standing to watch and see what you do with them.

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

That's good to know. I always knew if eBay didn't link you the first time around, they would keep an eye on your account for any shaddy business. I guess a warning for everyone out there.
Old 07-25-2007

Longevity: 98%

Quickie you are over reacting. ;-)
Old 07-28-2007
Threadstarter  

I overstand

It's funny to browse the ebay Trust & Safety forum now and then.
Lots of whining about suspensions (of course these are temporary, these guys are still in the game)
Every single one of them is convinced it has to do with their stars. You don't have enough stars, you've dropped in your stars, stars, stars, stars.

Not a single guy ever has the ba*ls to stand up and say:
"Well, I've had multiple serious policy violations on several of my accounts..."

You bet. Those guys are here with us. :D
Old 07-29-2007

it dose look like you are new to all this suspention crap.. I will tell you one thing if you are doing everything correctly your acounts will never be linked to each other. and regarding pany actions they do work if you use them correctly as well.
Old 07-30-2007

i gess if your items are super unique then maybe. I sell unique items too
Old 07-30-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm here to learn...
what's the correct way of using penny auctions?
Old 07-31-2007

first you must learn how to not be linked.. yes you may get suspended once in a wile but never linked. Just follow aspkin guide