Hello all - and thank you! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 12-20-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Hello all - and thank you!

Hello everyone! Before I say anything else, I'd like to give a heartfelt and sincere thank you to aspkin, the other senior members, and the community here in general for providing such an informative, safe, and non-judgmental place for all of us to gather to support and learn from each other. Thank you!

Personally, I never would've thought I'd find myself here, but after having some medical complications earlier this year coupled with a small handful of other unfortunate events, several cases were opened against me - understandably, I must admit. However, despite my best efforts to rectify each case as rapidly as possible, usually issuing a refund immediately, and giving all possible benefit to each buyer involved, eBay says there's nothing they can do, and with the new seller standards I'm far, far below standard. Mathematically, it will be years before I'm considered standard again.

Finally, after speaking with several eBay reps (including one phone call where I spent a total of two hours on hold!), I finally - after several different calls, many hours on hold, etc. - got an honest, forthright answer from a particularly helpful rep who told me that my selling account "may or may not" be suspended at any time. He let me know that it was an algorithm that decided when suspension would occur, and that neither he nor anyone else had any control over it, and that despite his best efforts he'd been unable to decipher the rubric, or even generally what would help to keep an account alive.

Currently my account is heavily restricted - 5/400. Just earlier this year I was a power seller and was on track to really take off, but when the new seller standards came into effect it devastated me.

So now I'm looking forward - I'm actually very, very excited and eager - to open at least one and probably several stealth accounts in order to get back to growing my business and getting things back on track. I've purchased and read the full stealth guide (thank you, aspkin!), which I was most pleased to discover was a terrific value.

After reading and re-reading the guide and evaluating all my options, I've decided to go with purchasing an account. However, given that I have a very specific business and concomitant stock-in-trade, I'm wondering if I need a special sort of account created for me, or if any 'off-the-shelf' account will be fine? Also, where should I go to post the details of my business and what I sell? How in-depth should I go in my posts along those lines? All I know for certain is that I'm fairly positive I want a 'premium' account, and that also at this time due to the aforementioned setbacks I really only have enough to purchase one for now, so I want to be very sure I get it right this first time - once that gets going, I'll be able to afford more accounts.

I apologize if this post was too long. Please always feel free to offer any hints, criticisms, or comments, and - once again - thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Hello all - and thank you!

Welcome to the forums - a well thought out post - long but it's an interesting read

Let go of the old junk and apply stealth principles - all the best
Old 12-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Hello all - and thank you!

That's the plan just as soon as I figure out my best options. I'm in discussion with two or three approved sellers as we speak. Thank you, and all the best to you as well!