eBay collection question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default eBay collection question

When sending an account to collections from eBay do they look at the registered eBay address or shipping adress/ return address?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: eBay collection question

What has happened that you ask this?

Old 12-27-2014

Longevity: 59%

If you're talking about linking with another account...probably both......why do you ask?
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauzool View Post
When sending an account to collections from eBay do they look at the registered eBay address or shipping adress/ return address?
They will do anything they have to do to get their money.
Old 12-27-2014
Threadstarter  

I ask because buyer is claiming i sent defective phone but I have not I already withdrew to my back account and everything and at this point I have a feel eBay will side with him I have no rep or anything and he does my PayPal is stealth my eBay only has different registration address only thing is my real address and for returns and real name
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If the [phone is defective, have the buyer return the phone and give them a refund. Why lose a good account? What was the phone made out of? Gold encrusted with diamonds?
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

Have buy return item for refund and move on
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

It wasn't defective when I sent it to him this is my problem. I'm going to get ripped off my money for the phone. If it's refunded
Old 12-28-2014

Longevity: 54%

same problem happened to me , i send the product correctly, the buyer told its not working and defective, but i know my product is 100% is good , and he send the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ photos, i called eBay and told about my problem, at finally eBay told refund , eBay only supports buyer not a seller, any way my account is legit one.
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I ask because buyer is claiming i sent defective phone but I have not I already withdrew to my back account and everything and at this point I have a feel eBay will side with him I have no rep or anything and he does my PayPal is stealth my eBay only has different registration address only thing is my real address and for returns and real name
Then you are really asking the wrong questions.

Why are you not defending the claims?
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
So basically you are asking if you can keep the money and forget the buyer's claim...and if you are safe from any retaliation...

Not a wise business approach - forums are meant for stealth account creation, not for avoiding customer service principles
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
So basically you are asking if you can keep the money and forget the buyer's claim...and if you are safe from any retaliation...

Not a wise business approach - forums are meant for stealth account creation, not for avoiding customer service principles

I'm not wanting to forget the claim ebaysupports i buyers I know that I'm going to fight it I'm just concerned about eBay siding with buyer and I get ripped off I need to know my options
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you want to sell online - or even offline in the retail world, then returns are inevitable. If the phone was new, then how can you be sure it is not defective? If it is used, then something could still have happened in transit. Selling electronics is always a risk, for this reason. Things DO go wrong. Automatically assuming the buyer is scamming you does not make sense. Your supplier should have a way for you to replace defective products. If the item as a closeout, a shelf-pull or a returned item, then refunds are simply a risk you have to take when re-selling such items.

You are most likely correct that eBay will say that the buyer should return the phone for a refund. If it is not defective, then you should be able to re-list it. If it IS defective, your supplier should exchange it for you. But that does not mean you have been scammed.

If eBay/PayPal has your real name and turns the account over to a collection agency, it will probably be reported to the credit bureaus. That can affect your ability to get credit, or affect the interest rates you have to pay for up to seven years. You could try disputing it, but they won't care about your buyer-seller eBay dispute. They will simply verify that you left PayPal holding the bag for $xxx.xx when they had to issue a refund, which they had the right to do under the under agreement you electronically signed.
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

I certainly understand where you are coming from Ive just had nothing but problemd with scammers on eBay and such. I did PayPal stealth and eBay only has real name I understand the credit thing but they would need to prove that's me right? Anyway somehow if they did prove it couldn't i request a pay for delete on my cr? I wish eBay could serious find a way to help find out scammers it would make it safer maybe he isn't a scammer but it's the Internet and honestly I can't trust anyone especially on ebay
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Not to sound mean or anything, but based on everything you just expressed, you need to stop selling on ebay or find other items to sell.

Phones/electronics are always risky and problematic.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

great thread here.

15 posts and we all know what we already knew.

ebay might side with buyers.

OP, you better offer a few thoughts of what you are going to do to resolve the issue.

Take a big bold step and say what you are doing in the matter so far.

I cancelled spoon feeding today.

Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Tell the buyer to return the phone.

Also tell him that you have contacted the carrier to have it shut down so this way its basically worthless until you take it back to the store and that you have the serial number.

And for future advice, never list anything on ebay you are not willing to lose.
Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

@BigBJ

actually, I would get the phone shut down before the return. I would not tell the buyer that either. ( Buyer is claiming faulty phone...

Buyer needs to be entrapped into returning the item, yes?
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
great thread here.

15 posts and we all know what we already knew.

ebay might side with buyers.

OP, you better offer a few thoughts of what you are going to do to resolve the issue.

Take a big bold step and say what you are doing in the matter so far.

I cancelled spoon feeding today.

That's my problem I'm not sure what to do I can accept the return ok and once I get it back hoping it won't be defective like he claims that's fine I'll refund the money it's an iPhone warrany gone I bought it like 2 years ago my concern is him accidently breaking it claiming defective or he may possibly send a different phone that's doesn't work and he keeps old one I'm not sure what my options are here I don't have the serial to shut the phone down
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

If the buyer wants to return the phone, then you need to let him return the phone. If the phone is not as you sent it, then you call PayPal and tell them that this guy sent you a different phone or broke it or replaced parts, to where it is not the same as what you sent him. If you are lucky, PayPal will eat the loss.

We do not think calling EB/PP is a good option, but since you are reluctant to let this guy scam you, then you should try the above option. The longer you ignore the issue, the more guilty you will look. I have done this with a $50 item. The asshat got a refund from PP and I kept the money. I was still very pissed due to the principle behind it all. But I was not out any money.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
fauzool (12-30-2014)
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
If the buyer wants to return the phone, then you need to let him return the phone. If the phone is not as you sent it, then you call PayPal and tell them that this guy sent you a different phone or broke it or replaced parts, to where it is not the same as what you sent him. If you are lucky, PayPal will eat the loss.

We do not think calling EB/PP is a good option, but since you are reluctant to let this guy scam you, then you should try the above option. The longer you ignore the issue, the more guilty you will look. I have done this with a $50 item. The asshat got a refund from PP and I kept the money. I was still very pissed due to the principle behind it all. But I was not out any money.
So I do a dispute through PayPal if this happens? Don't even deal through eBay?