Kind of a dumb question but im a little confused... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Kind of a dumb question but im a little confused...

Ok so I read the ebay Stealth Book and starting to get a hold of this. I had an stealth account before but I could not sell on ebay it would get flagged and give me a 0 selling limit. Called and had to answer public record questions, which of course I knew nothing about this made up person's name.

I got a new name, new bank account (it got verified with 2 small deposits), made a new user account on my computer and used a elite proxy for a new IP.

I understand how to get a new IP but none of the methods have worked. I think its something with my cable company Time Warner and their modems not being able to give me a new IP not sure though im still doing research... but frustrated.

That brings me to my main question, i see people with many stealth accounts and given that each one has to have its own ip. How are people using different IP's? VPN programs? Proxy servers? Im a little lost, thanks all for the help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Kind of a dumb question but im a little confused...

I tether all my stealth accounts off my Verizon iPhone.......takes about 20 seconds to get a new IP each time I need to.

In fact, I have two iPhones and one is dedicated to just tethering for stealth accounts.
Old 12-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I also have TWC. Sometimes I will swap routers to get a new IP (Netgear $30 - WalMart). I have around 15 routers, then I also use MIFI devices. I have one fro ATT and one from VZ. Please understand that you do not need to use the same IP for the same account. You just need to avoid using the same IP on 2 or more diff accounts.
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I also have TWC. Sometimes I will swap routers to get a new IP (Netgear $30 - WalMart). I have around 15 routers, then I also use MIFI devices. I have one fro ATT and one from VZ. Please understand that you do not need to use the same IP for the same account. You just need to avoid using the same IP on 2 or more diff accounts.
Thanks for that. What's mifi devices ? I get that you don't need to use the same ip for each account . Seems like a hassle when managing 3 stealth accounts having to change routers each time you want to get back into the pp or ebay accounts . Or am I not understanding this correctly? What do you do with your modem or do you plug the coax into the router ?
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

A MIFI device is a portable device that creates a hotspot. It uses 3G or 4G cell and gives you internet. A tad bit slower than WIFI, but it does the job with a large IP pool. I recommend Verizon.

Swapping routers. 1 router for each EB/PP acct. Unplug modem. Unplug router#1. Plug modem back in. Wait for lights to stop flashing. Plug router#2 in. Put in a lil work!

Yes, it gets to be some work, but it keeps you with fast wifi. This is good when building listings with uploads.

I have 15 routers and 2 MIFI devices. Generating IP addresses will never be an issue for me. Yes, it seems like a lot, but it serves my needs very nicely.
Old 12-29-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Mifis and routers are one way of changing IP. I believe using a device with LTE will make your life easier. A phone with tethering can change an IP very quickly, and LTE will save your valuable time by decreasing page loading times
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don't forget the dongle use too
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 59%

I can't imagine anything easier than tethering...it's been a dream come true....can stealth from anywhere....including on the beach!
Old 12-29-2014

Activity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I can't imagine anything easier than tethering...it's been a dream come true....can stealth from anywhere....including on the beach!
Why would you stealth on the beach haha.

I do 100% agree tethering is the easiest method for me at least. I mean its simple as hitting airplane mode and wait 5-10 seconds boom new Ip. As long as you have a spreadsheet..super simple. Cost effective if you have many stealths to! If you paying a service that costs 15-20 dollars for a "Fresh IP" monthly for over 5 stealths...that really starts to add up.
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

appreciate all the info guys, looks like ill be using the phone tethering. time to start my new stealth account since my real account got banned >:(