Any linking through shipping/tracking? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Any linking through shipping/tracking?

If you run accounts with out of state info, can ebay/paypal link accounts due to the shipment tracking info saying the item was shipping from your city/state?

Example: you run an account in say Virginia...you live in Montana. You print out the shipping label on ebay/paypal and it has the shipping address as Virginia. But when you drop it at the post office, the tracking shows as originating in Montana.

Does this cause issues? I havent had problems but if you run multiple out of state accounts, can anything be linked that way?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

I know exactly what you are saying. I have actually been shipping from the same location and having 50 accounts all over the country.

I do not believe this causes issues. However I did start making accounts around my IP location or at least within 30 miles or so. That way it is explainable, and I try to make an effort to go to a few different local post offices.

If it is a way for them to connect your accounts and cause limitations or suspensions there isnt really anyway to confirm that is whats going on. You can either make an effort just incase or just not worry about it.

Also I have however had BUYERS figure this out and see it. They ask things like why did it ship from so and so when it says you live and ship from blah.
So usually oh I was visiting family out of state and took the item with me to ship just incase it sold so on...or just a simple I have no idea thats weird.
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
I know exactly what you are saying. I have actually been shipping from the same location and having 50 accounts all over the country.

I do not believe this causes issues. However I did start making accounts around my IP location or at least within 30 miles or so. That way it is explainable, and I try to make an effort to go to a few different local post offices.

If it is a way for them to connect your accounts and cause limitations or suspensions there isnt really anyway to confirm that is whats going on. You can either make an effort just incase or just not worry about it.

Also I have however had BUYERS figure this out and see it. They ask things like why did it ship from so and so when it says you live and ship from blah.
So usually oh I was visiting family out of state and took the item with me to ship just incase it sold so on...or just a simple I have no idea thats weird.
With UPS they allow you to put "Shipping Dept" on the return label without putting your name which allows you to use them as your Shipping Dept.

I don't know about USPS but I know UPS does that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nostro For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (12-30-2014), vogeltron (12-30-2014)
Old 12-29-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

When printing the postage out with eBay , before u purchase the postage your able to change the ship From Zip code

Now this does not change the return address on the postage it just changes where u are shipping the item from and I'll put the actual state zip that I'm in

I use a lot of Regional Priority Mail Boxes so the location from where I ship matters in determining postage

I never had any issues
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
When printing the postage out with eBay , before u purchase the postage your able to change the ship From Zip code

Now this does not change the return address on the postage it just changes where u are shipping the item from and I'll put the actual state zip that I'm in

I use a lot of Regional Priority Mail Boxes so the location from where I ship matters in determining postage

I never had any issues
Good advice I do this to. You don't always have to use the exact same zip code either. Just one in the general region works for this.

I have been doing stealth's all over for 6+ years now. Never had a problem with the location. I worry more about the buyers asking why it came out of somewhere else than eBay on my accounts. I usually say I am a college kid or something like that. Have really never had that question. I do try to keep everything in the same geographic region though.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Keeping everything in the same geographic region...meaning account creation?
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Keeping everything in the same geographic region...meaning account creation?
Yea, I try to keep it believable. I am on the West Coast. So I make accounts in surrounding states. No reason to make accounts int NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, etc. When I am out here. CA, NV, AZ, OR is fine it is believable especially from where I ship from.
Old 12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Yea, I try to keep it believable. I am on the West Coast. So I make accounts in surrounding states. No reason to make accounts int NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, etc. When I am out here. CA, NV, AZ, OR is fine it is believable especially from where I ship from.
Exactly! that is what I do...now lol.
When I was newer to stealth I did literally ALL over the country. As I got more experienced I started making accounts in my local region, all states very close to me. Thats what I meant with the creating accounts within 30 miles or less of my IP LOCATION.
Old 12-30-2014
Threadstarter  

I run a few accounts in different states, butbalways use an IP close to that region the account is in. When making the labels in ebay, it will say label created in XX then when it is scanned at the post office, it will say the item was picked up or whatever in YY. Nobody has said anything about it yet, but curious if it would be an issue with ebay/paypal.

The other thing is printing labels on different accounts...will ebay/paypal system see that you are using the same printer and link you that way?
Old 12-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
I run a few accounts in different states, butbalways use an IP close to that region the account is in. When making the labels in ebay, it will say label created in XX then when it is scanned at the post office, it will say the item was picked up or whatever in YY. Nobody has said anything about it yet, but curious if it would be an issue with ebay/paypal.

The other thing is printing labels on different accounts...will ebay/paypal system see that you are using the same printer and link you that way?
A few years ago I asked the same question, about the printer and such. According to other members on the forum, NO
They can not link you through your printer.

Whatever problems I have had with accounts going down or being linked in the passed has had nothing to do with my printer, I am sure of it lol
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Good to have clarification.
Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 76%

Is the recommendation to simply use the "Print Postage" option within Eb/PP itself? I used to use Stamps.com but find it inconvenient if you need to link numerous stealth seller accounts to the same Stamps account --

Is there any consensus for the best method in this situation?
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 76%

Update on managing Tracking info on multiple stealths: after some browsing it appears you can use Stamps.com to link multiple EB accs, but remember unique IP addy each time. then you can sign onto the Stamps.com from any IP after everythings linked. this appears to be the simplest method, does anyone agree?
The Following User Says Thank You to hapajenn1 For This Useful Post:
mchgrt (04-01-2015)
Old 03-16-2015

Longevity: 72%

Interestingly, it doesn't matter where you actually put the package in the mail, it is credited in the tracking to the zip code/location of origin.

I mostly use Auctiva, when I do I can use my own address on the FROM part of the label, (I do use a generic name, though) and EB doesn't see anything but the tracking number.

I also use locations, IP & physical within about 75 miles of my home on my accounts, although I have used places across the country with no problem.
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
Update on managing Tracking info on multiple stealths: after some browsing it appears you can use Stamps.com to link multiple EB accs, but remember unique IP addy each time. then you can sign onto the Stamps.com from any IP after everythings linked. this appears to be the simplest method, does anyone agree?
Yes. Thanks for the reminder to change IP's when generating your eBay token.