Paypal Limited - asks for business info... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Paypal Limited - asks for business info...

My previous ebay and paypal accounts were suspended and limited.

I purchased the ebay Stealth Book and followed it.

Instead of making a new ebay, I asked a friend if I could use theirs. They have absolutely no link to myself or any of my accounts, they never used my computer, etc etc. My new ebay and paypal have absolutely no connection to anything from me, other than selling the same things. Everything is legit and was going good since the middle of September. The auctions also are completely redone. The ebay account has been with ebay since about 2003, with over 100 feedback at 100% rating.

I have been using this account since middle of Sept. for my business.

On 10/19/2008 Paypal limits the paypal account (ebay account is still active but cannot list until this is cleared) and asks for 4 pieces of info:
1) business info - my friends account was a basic premier account, nothing special, no business info at all, just personal/individual user information. Account was verified and home address confirmed, everything is under him.
2) ssn confirmation
3) address verfication for credit check
4) tracking numbers for 5 payments from the weekend which i submitted and shipped on 10/20/2008.

Everything has been submitted, hoping to get the limit removed asap. All the information is under him.

My question is am I still safe? Paypal said this was one of their random screenings and that they noticed unusual activity. There was no unusual activity since I have been using this account. I just do the usual transfering into my bank account at night around midnight. This bank account is also a new account.

I'm hoping this happened because the account was still a premier account with no business information. Usual transactions are around $50-100. The only unusual activity really is when I started to use this paypal and took it over from my friend, the account has been active since 2003 but I took over and started using it daily handling about 10-15 transactions a day. It was previously only used once and a while under my friend. Average daily transfer 500-750 dollars.

On my end, to cover myself, the IP has been changed and computer was completely reformatted. Also, I input the tracking number into paypal for every single transaction.

Should I be worried? I am thinking this happened just because the account was originally not used with so much activity and that there was no business info provided as it was a basic individual premier account.

Anything else I should do to cover myself? Should I upgrade to a business account?

Edit: under business information, I put it as an individual and not a sole proprietorship. i did not put it as a sole proprietorship in fear that they ask for further business info such as sellers permits and licenses and etc.

Last edited by hurley; 10-21-2008 at 01:17 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!