waiting for my suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default waiting for my suspension

Sadly, I found this forum while waiting for my suspension email to arrive.

I sold a new 1.2K dress for $209.00 to a buyer with less than favorable feedback-my only mistake in the transaction was allowing her to purchase-i initially blocked her after I saw what a fellow seller wrote in they buyer's "positive" feedback.

Buyer had the dress 6 days, lied about day of receipt, then claimed it arrived damaged. Wants to return for full refund plus return shipping.

Case escalated, of course they found in her favor. I informed them I would not refund at all. What was most disturbing was what I was told by the Ebay rep:
they don't consider photographs or member history while deciding a case.Even though this buyer was already reported for fraud, she didn't commit enough fraudeven though Ebay advertises an appeal process, there is nonethey automatically decide in buyer favor because it "it may have happened" and "the customer should be made whole" Interesting though-I, too, am a customer of Ebay and they aren't making me whole.

Now they're trying to recover the money but will be hard pressed to find it. Paypal account is zero, bank account closed, and credit card cancelled.

So , they've elected to keep this thief that will sadly defraud another seller & scams more than she buys, and lost me: a former big spender and someone that paid a few hundred in monthly selling fees.

So that's my story and why I'm here! Happy New Year to all-Beantown
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: waiting for my suspension

So you are giving up on an account for a couple hundred dollars?
This is a part of doing business. It will happen to all of us and more than once.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
kittylove (01-05-2015)
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 64%

Yes welcome. A good account is worth way more than $200. Should give this a little thought and try not to be motivated by feelings and put on business hat. Happy new year!
Old 12-30-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Familiar story, fairly common 'scam'

Ebays rules mke it easy for dishonest people.

I assume its your real account? Real details etc?

If so just take the hit and pay the outstanding amount. Most people here would gladly pay $200 to get their original accounts back.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
kittylove (01-05-2015)
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 59%

Yes.......it sucks and it stings right now......but if you could take a step away from it and look at it......it is worth biting the bullet and paying it to keep the account......it happens to all of us.
Old 12-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes, I'm giving up the account and 3.5K feedback over $200. It's due to the fact that sales suck, it's not the first scam/issue I've been taken on, and it's happening more frequently.

I'm tired of ebay being the playing field for scam artists and thieves. few months ago it was another $200 item-returned with a slight damage but unworn-so i had to sell for half off.

I think the mentality expressed here is why ebay gets away with what they do. Every seller would say the same as the responses here-so ebay will keep backing them in a corner with their draconian rules, constant changes and teetering on the brink of fair trade practice. Many sellers just bend over and take it. I won't.

I feel very strongly, based on principle, that I should fight when I'm mistreated-and now Ebay is culprit. And if I "refund and move on" it will just happen again-the cycle continues and I'll be losing more money on a steady basis. Ebay gets paid, the buyer gets free items, and I get nothing but aggravation and a loss of revenue. Every time I sell something with a value over $100 I cringe and wonder if I have a problem.

And for what it's worth-I've been selling on 2 other sites (one is for high end designer clothing) no scams, no problems, hell, even no returns. That speaks volumes.
The Following User Says Thank You to beantown For This Useful Post:
taerese (01-10-2015)
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

So you are winning by NOT making any money on ebay?

Your perspective is unique. I will give you that.

Last edited by yankee; 12-30-2014 at 05:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
kittylove (01-05-2015)
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown View Post
Yes, I'm giving up the account and 3.5K feedback over $200. It's due to the fact that sales suck, it's not the first scam/issue I've been taken on, and it's happening more frequently.

I'm tired of ebay being the playing field for scam artists and thieves. few months ago it was another $200 item-returned with a slight damage but unworn-so i had to sell for half off.

I think the mentality expressed here is why ebay gets away with what they do. Every seller would say the same as the responses here-so ebay will keep backing them in a corner with their draconian rules, constant changes and teetering on the brink of fair trade practice. Many sellers just bend over and take it. I won't.

I feel very strongly, based on principle, that I should fight when I'm mistreated-and now Ebay is culprit. And if I "refund and move on" it will just happen again-the cycle continues and I'll be losing more money on a steady basis. Ebay gets paid, the buyer gets free items, and I get nothing but aggravation and a loss of revenue. Every time I sell something with a value over $100 I cringe and wonder if I have a problem.

And for what it's worth-I've been selling on 2 other sites (one is for high end designer clothing) no scams, no problems, hell, even no returns. That speaks volumes.
I feel your pain, sucks the world we are in and how companies treat alot of good sellers/buyers. Sometimes you just have to play their game until the go out of business and by you not selling their anymore a couple of more sellers have just replaced you.

I suggest you use that 3.5k feedback account and sell other items and make some money while at it. You may be a very honest person, but don't let a couple of bad people keep you down. Stuff happens to all of us. Just learn and make the best out of it.
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 78%

I paid $250 to buy a brand new account off of this forum. You're giving up your perfectly good account for $200. Backwards world we live in.
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown View Post

And now you have no sales from ebay. Way to stick it to them?
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 57%

This post made me look at the date on my computer to see if it was the 1st of April.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristy For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-30-2014)
Old 12-31-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Beantown, this forum is all about helping people get BACK ON to ebay.

Understandably our advice was designed to help you do just that. If you have no intentions of ever using ebay again, that's fine. But your actions contradict your words by googling and finding this forum, then posting your story.
Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Yes.......it sucks and it stings right now......but if you could take a step away from it and look at it......it is worth biting the bullet and paying it to keep the account......it happens to all of us.
What is all this pay up and get your account back! This is ebay and PayPal we are talking about and they are notorious for 'allowing' sellers to pay the outstanding fees saying payup and get reinstated, when they do nothing of the sort and just permanently ban the seller whether they have paid or not, that is the reality of the situation
Old 12-31-2014

I for one would rather lose a little bit of money rather than to lose the entire source that generates that money. At the end of the day Beantown, the ball is in your court. I wish you the best in your future endeavors, and you should do what ever makes you happy.

However, I speak for a lot of us here when I say what makes us happy is selling and making money , lots of it . That is why we all gather here: to share information and ideas on what we love to do. Quite frankly, I find it very disrespectful for you to come on this board, where a lot of people are desperately in need of an Ebay account. For some, it was there only income, the only way to pay their bills, and yet you appear so arrogant about your situation. I perceive it as a slap in the face to them.

You could have easily gone to the eBay community forums and voiced your opinion there; It certainly would have caught the eye of an eBay Rep, who would have gladly expedited your request of wanting a suspension, based of what you plan to do.

We try to help people here to keep their accounts and build on them to ultimatly achieve success; we are not here to discourage them and deviated them from it.

Last edited by Kristy; 12-31-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums OP - stealth will work well for you
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums OP - stealth will work well for you
OP does not want to sell on ebay at all and is closing his current account.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
OP does not want to sell on ebay at all and is closing his current account.
He/she is on this forum so in spite of the sad message (which I sympathize with), I am safely assuming he/she is out to learn stealth and possibly get back on
Old 12-31-2014

Lol, kill your legit account
and come to the dark side, where you go to bed and worry if your stealth account will survive the night.

"Good Job OP"
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
He/she is on this forum so in spite of the sad message (which I sympathize with), I am safely assuming he/she is out to learn stealth and possibly get back on
Certainly does not seem that way. He/She is voluntarily NOT paying ebay $200.00 to have his selling privileges removed.
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

I am a "she". I owned a successful company since 1991 which I sold in June 2013.

Ebay was fun when I started. Not so much now with the draconian rules, low sales, and fraud.

Ebay gets away with treating sellers unfairly because, as confirmed by much of the sentiment here, sellers will bend over and take it. For me, it's time to take a stand and say "no".

I came here because I may sell on a site on which the preferred payment to accept is Paypal. Although my business accepted all credit cards, I never intermingled my Ebay sales with my regular company sales-so I took Paypal for ebay.

Last night, I had two sales-one for $1,500 and one for $57-on alternate sites with ZERO fraud. I don't cringe when I ship and wait for a potential problem, there is no feedback extortion, post sales haggling, claims of non-receipt.

So I'm taking a "just say no" stance towards Ebay-they'll keep this buyer who's purchased very little in the three yrs. she's been a member, and scammed the two most costly items she bought. And, they'll allow her to steal from more sellers, perhaps some of you.

And if I refund her and keep the account. What is going to prevent it from happening again? Maybe I'll refund this wench, pay my fees, and have the same thing happen next month? Just keep refunding?

My cost of some goods are rather high & have stayed the same but sales went from my best year of 90K in 2012 to a measly 28K in 2014. In the clothing category, I have to sell things dirt cheap to be competitive and gave up certain brands. If I do go back on ebay it will be a diff category.

And for what it's worth-I have shared my story elsewhere, on ebay's public twitter and facebook, the BBB, FTC, IC3-I heard back from the twitter people and on the BBB they needed more info.

You all should thank me rather than bash me. I've taken one for the team.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Interesting perspective.

I love ebay. Ebay makes me rich. Yes I get ripped off and scammed every single day on ebay, but it is half as bad as Amazon for me and far and away better than my retails stores I have now closed. Ebay to me is the cheapest rent of planet earth. Dealing with crappy people is part of doing business.

I just closed down a fairly robust amazon account because, well, I don't like Amazon. I understand your philosophy but you are not doing anything to ebay same as I am not costing amazon any money exiting the platform.

Last edited by yankee; 12-31-2014 at 10:36 AM.