HELP ME!!! Refusing a Package in a Dispute in Paypal!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default HELP ME!!! Refusing a Package in a Dispute in Paypal!!!!

Hi, here is my problem and situation. I currently have a $860 held by paypal until the dispute is resolved. $600.00 for the item and $260.00 for Shipping.

The buyer is claiming that the item is not as described and filed a dispute with paypal. I disagreed with the dispute stating the buyer want something extra that they didn't pay for. I told them they are welcome to send it back for refund of the $600.00 and that they are responsible for ALL SHIPPING COST. I am not going to be out of $260.00 in shipping because the buyer didn't want the item. It has been escalated to a claim for Paypal to judge. Paypal agreed that the buyer will only be responsible for the cost to return the item. The buyer have "X" amount of days to provided the Tracking info. Today was the last day the buyer could provide a tracking # and what do you know. They Provided a Tracking #. Once the tracking is confirmed as delivered by Paypal then they will release the WHOLE $860.00 to the Buyer.

My Question or concern is what will Paypal do if I refuse the Package or Don't pick it up? That way it will be returned to the buyer. Will Paypal still decide in the Buyer side? Or will they Require the Buyer to resend the Package again until it is delivered?

I want to make this experience for the buyer Very hard since they are causing me $260 in Shipping damages that I have to eat.

What happens if the item they sent back to me is damaged or broken? Do I have to take that loss as well?

Help Me. The Package is on its way.....

I will eventually get this A**Hole Suspended later on.

BooMer
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

As for refusing the package...... Not real sure.

As for the ? about a broken or damaged item returned to you....
When PP sees the item is delivered to you the dispute will close in the buyers favor.
When you discover that the item is a box or rocks and not a gold bar, you have been ripped off by the buyer.
You now MUST file a police report with the local cops.
Get a copy of the report from the local PD.
NOW you can go into your closed dispute and appeal it.
That will re-open the dispute.
PP will now require you to fax the report to them.
Fax it in. Wait a day or 2 then CALL PP and talk to a supervisor.
These are the steps I had to follow last year when I received a box of rocks instead of the item that the buyer should have returned to me.
It took a few weeks but I finally got my money back from PP.

Hope that helps.
BooMer (10-23-2008)
Old 10-21-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

HWGA How much did your item cost that was at stake for you to file a report?

I live in the City and don't think the City Cops will put that much time into this to investigate.

Anyone here in this forum Refused a Packaged before during a Paypal Dispute?
Old 10-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^
My item was prices at $110 and I DO live in a small town.
I was just passing along what Paypal told me to do.
PP told me for them to reverse the dispute that I had to fax them a police report, so I did and I got the whole amount $$ reversed back to me
Old 10-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

BooMer

Sorry to hear about your crappy buyer, I think if you refuse the package and it never ends up as "delivered" they will side with you. I am not 100% sure on this but Paypal only confirms the delivery.

I had a buyer who opened an item not received claim, I provided the tracking number, the person opened the claim about an hour before it was attempted delivery...go figure

Anyway this was on Oct. 10th, ofcoarse I required a signature, so the package was attempted again and again, no sig, buyer said they weren't home, the package is still at the Post Office waiting to be picked up and the claim has been "being judged by Paypal" since the 10th, so im guessing this buyer won't pick up the package and it comes back to me and they win the claim...this might be good news for you...do you know if there is a sig confirmation?
Old 10-21-2008

Longevity: 89%

dont do it, if it goes back to the buyer, paypal will probably suspended your account and ask you to confirm the return shipping address or they will just refund the buyer in full, even if it hasnt been returned to you.
Old 10-22-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm Getting Desperate. I might Consider Modee's Advice on Tech Support.

This package should have Signature Confirmation since it is of High Value and in a Big box.
I don't think it will be left on the front porch either since I am in a Big City with Row Homes.

I had my fair share of Paypal Disputes and agreed that I pay the shipping for small items with low shipping cost less than $15. This dispute however is my only complaint and I don't want to end up paying the Full Shipping Cost of $260.

HGWA<~~~ Did you do the report over the phone to the Police or you had someone come out to your house and take the report and they mailed you the report? Did Paypal just reversed the dispute just like that and went about their business? They didn't try to reopen the dispute and investigate further?
Sorry for all the Questions.
Thanks
BooMer
Old 10-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
HGWA<~~~ Did you do the report over the phone to the Police or you had someone come out to your house and take the report and they mailed you the report? Did Paypal just reversed the dispute just like that and went about their business? They didn't try to reopen the dispute and investigate further?
Sorry for all the Questions.
Thanks
BooMer
I had the police come to my house and then had to go to the local PD to pick it up.
Remember I do live in a small town in the Midwest.
I have no idea about the rules for this kinda thing for the NYPD.
Old 10-22-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

HWGA<~~~ Did Paypal just reversed the dispute just like that and went about their business? Paypal didn't try to reopen the dispute and investigate further?

I am currently in the process with Modee's Tech support.
Old 10-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^
The money that was returned to me was from Paypal.
NOT the buyer who ripped me off. He had no balance.
So Paypal covered it with their personal money.

After I called and talked to the supervisor they "Credited" my account the entire amount.