Everyone should list on EWAEY.COM - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Everyone should list on EWAEY.COM

Thank you Chris for this :
Ewaey.com - The long-awaited competition to eBay

This is not going to make us rich right now, since there is little activity.
But since it's free, it doesn't hurt to double-list everything you have on ebay, also list it on EWAEY.
If we all do that, then this site could be lucrative in about a year.
Heck that's what some people wait to have their ebay accounts reinstated!

Even though they have very little activity, they are FREE to list, free to buy, free all the way.
Every suspended ebayer owes it to themselves to list on EWAEY, IN ADDITION to any efforts expended to get back on eBay
We are the ideal candidates to get this site rolling. There must be 10,000 of us disgruntled suspended ebayers, we form a real force with our numbers.

They have the look and feel of ebay, every function and bit of information is in the exact same place as on ebay, so it is familiar-looking and easy to use.

Also STORES functionality, and a category structure that mirrors eBay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

BTW, for each sale you make on ebay, you can direct your buyer to your EWAEY store listings to buy some more. ( in an email link out of ebay )

You can offer discounts because there are no fees.
You can also list more freestyle, without fear of suspension.

Since it's free, I think listing on EWAEY is the most patriotic gesture of solidarity we suspended ebayers can do.
And if we do it consistently, EWAEY could be picking up within a year and provide us increased independence.

tell all your friends!

Cheers
Old 07-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

Couldn't hurt. And since it's free I'll feel a lot better about trial and error html goofs. How they happen...I don't know. But they do, and it's frustrating especially when there's money on the line.
Old 07-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

HTML Tutorials jack

It's where I learned HTML a LONG TIME ago.
Old 07-25-2007

Thanks Aspkin I actually know a bit of html, some from trial and error and some I actually learned by studying. I know there's a lot more to know though. But I have no idea how when you copy the html text from one editor, and paste it into another, how it will do weird things like making the listing narrow and long (stretching it), sparse script actually appearing in the description ( I have no idea how that got there), and other neat things--yesterday's folded over text into columns took the cake). I actually got a pretty good tip from an ebay agent once that if you paste the text into notepad first, it will strip off the extra code and then you can copy and paste it back into the editor you're working with. But it still didn't solve my problem yesterday even though it has worked well before.

Ah heck, I might as well just post it. The exact situation is, I'm working with saved postings in Auctiva. What I have done is I get the html from that listing. Then I copy it and paste it to wherever I wish to post--lets' say Google Base for example as that's what I was doing when the folding occurred. Everything works ok until the script is in the new editing window. Then it goes Exorcist on me. Got a clue how to fix that? Is that covered in the tutorials? Thanks
Old 07-25-2007
Administrator

Are you copying directly from the html code to code? Or do you copy the html elements and try to move that to another editor? I use Dreamweiver, which has a split of code and design. If I wanted to move that to another editor, I would either save and open up in the new editor, or copy the 'code' part and past it into the code part of the second editor.

If you're copying from code Auctiva created for you, then that could be the problem there. They probably have bits and pieces only specific for Auctiva.

I can't really tell without the code.
Old 07-25-2007

Ok, what I do is go to my saved listings in Auctiva. Then select the listing, select to view html code, edit, select all, and copy text. Then I take that code as is and post it into whichever editor on the site I'm using, using its html code view. Let's say it's ebay for instance. As you know, you can't open up anything in ebay. You have to paste whatever you need or create it from scratch. That's what I'm dealing with. Although I know enough not to just copy the design. I go for the html code, and after pasting the code, I then switch back to regular view. But it still creates problems for some reason.
Old 07-25-2007
Administrator

You said it worked for you in the past? If you just copy the code from Auctiva, I'm sure there is left over code specific to Auctiva that won't work with eBay. Check to see if you have any javascript or calls for css files and what not. That's about it. If it doesn't have any css or javascript it should be working fine anywhere.

You could just copy the content (text) and work with that in eBay.. it would requrie a little extra work, but it should be the same.
Old 07-25-2007

Default eBid

You should try eBid aswell, it's also free, it's been around since 1999 & it has a name that is pronounable
Old 07-25-2007

Well remember I was just giving ebay as an example. But I find this problem follows me wherever I may roam. You lost me with the css file calls. Can you easily tell javascript from css files from other content without being a programmer? If so I'll check and see. If not, it probably wouldn't matter either way.

Again using ebay as the example, I've tried to copy and paste the actual content before, and it usually ends up with weird formatting, having to change text size, occasional unexplained color changes and other random stuff.

Of course I could just be cursed...
Old 07-25-2007
Banned

Jack. Aspkin

I always copy code from Auctiva to various auctions and to websites and it always works fine for me with no problems.
Old 07-25-2007

Chris, how are you doing it? Post the steps if you would please. It's driving me even more bananas than normal.

Or since I'm the only one who's asking, maybe you could just PM them to me? Thanks
Old 07-25-2007

Back to the subject of the thread...I read the ewaey rules regarding identity and how they say "don't use a false one". I've had major plans for a while to start international business under a new user name. If I started those plans at ewaey, and I use that same name at ebay later (once i get the kinks worked out), for purposes of consistency, do you think I should stick with the same information? I mean ewaey shouldn't have any more sophisticated software than ebay to identify you, right? So how would they know that you're not really Joe Bean living on Imadeitup Road? You never know when not having identical info will come back to haunt you.
Old 07-26-2007

Aspkin (or whoever wants to answer), what causes headers to duplicate or blurr? Say you have a graphic. Imagine a portion of that graphic duplicating into columns. Clean lines are broken and the header runs off the side of the page. The main body of the code is fine. It's just the part up to the "description". What causes that, and how do you prevent it? Right now I'm listing in GBase and this is happening. Seems to have something to do with the crosshairs you see with a tiny x in the middle. I'm not sure what this does, and when I clicked on it, all hell broke loose. Can someone tell me what this feature is for? Other than driving me insane.
Old 07-26-2007
Banned

Modee its Ebid.net not ebid.com
Old 08-08-2007

So should you use your real info at ewaey or the info that matches your business model for the user name you're planning on ebay? I'm thinking in terms of consistency as well as possible problems later on. Since Ewaey is currently free, I don't see any problems with suspensions (they are a competitor to ebay after all, why would they share anything?) but just with users putting two and two together later on. If things go as planned, I am considering using the same account name at both locations, and creating a store at ewaey which I'll use as my central selling "website" until the other is ready. Can someone tell me why this would not be a good idea?
Old 08-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Ebay has no competition. It's quite the monopoly.
Old 08-09-2007

Only because people don't shop other places. That could change at any time given the right steering.
Old 02-05-2008

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexsandro pomposelli
Thumbs up Yes. eWaey is gaining members and listings plus sales!

My name is Alexsandro Pomposelli. I am eWaey.com's owner.

eWaey now under a new management team of 10 people. The management team is dinamic and keeps growing. Its composed by a group of people with interest in eWaey's future and success. Actually anyone interested can apply to be part of the team.

eWaey just launched ( eWaey Base ). This is located on our forums. eWaey's listings are automatically transferred to the forum which is a nice place for the search engine's robots to index it. Check it out! This will increase the opportunity to show ALL our current listings on all the major search engines.

We are also on google base.

We are running a promotion. The first 5000 members to join will receive a free account. 100% free for as long as you live.
This is the time to join and start from the beginning. Grow with the site and help it create content.
Enough content to attract others and to attract buyers. We need to grow and to start a new frontier.
eWaey is a fairly new site. The sales are not like the ones you get on ebay yet. That will come one day. We figured that by the time we reach 5000 members; sales will much like on ebay or better.
Just imagine a force of 5000 members with no cost giving its buyer's data base great deals?
Anyway we are here and we need all the help we can get from the right people.

Thank you
eWaey.com
Old 02-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- Alex, Thank You for the most Cordial Invite!
You guys need Bill Gates behind you.... )
Then it would be Bye Bye Ebay !
Old 02-05-2008

Default eWaey.com

Just a place if you would like to check out and maybe join.

first 5000 members are free and will be free for as long as they live!

Ewaey Auctions Online
Old 02-05-2008

Hi There!
Yes indeed. We need all the support we can get. But we also have a plan!
Our team is going to be divided in teams of associates each with an objective! Each team will go to blogs, forums, numerous sites and on the streets. Each associate is a member of the team.
These teams will be spread out around the world. And we are starting to build them!
We need more people interested in being part of the team and also interested in building a new GIANT.
Youtube, Google and others did not have Bill Gates. They simply GOT PEOPLE INTERESTED!

So lets build another GIANT but one that cares and will not take all your profits.

Thanks
Alex
Ewaey Auctions Online
Closed Thread