Shop Not Showing in Search - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Shop Not Showing in Search

I have been off Et.sy for a while and I never posted on forums there or anything like that but there is this one member who was like my nemesis, in the same niche as me and it seemed that no matter what this person did their shop survived (horrible reviews being one glaring example.) I do from time to time stop back in just to see if they are still peddling their wares and lo and behold today, could not find their shop via search. I can direct link to it using their shop URL and their items still are for sale. I have only seen this one other time and that person's shop was soon gone completely. Is it the beginning of the end for my nemesis? Is it bad that this makes me somewhat happy if so?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2015

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Shop Not Showing in Search

There is a problem with my shop? hahaa just kidding...
The Following User Says Thank You to big tymer For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by big tymer View Post
There is a problem with my shop? hahaa just kidding...
Hahaha! I needed that this morning big tymer! From what I have gathered from my friend Google that is done in "soft suspensions" so their account is not totally gone but items don't appear in search. I guess we shall see if their "friends in high places" can save them this time.

For what it's worth, this happened once before but they came back immediately under a new name (and it's not ste/alth since they take DC and are in the US) so my conspiracy theory of Et.sy having "pets" who can do whatever they like lives on. You can read through and spot all of their ⊗⊗⊗⊗ reviews (from brand new profiles) a mile away but their business was booming because they made sure all those terrible reviews were offset with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ at least 3/1.

I need to let it go. I know I know. Leaving Et.sy was the best thing that ever happened to me for my sanity but still.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It is NOT a bad thing to feel happy about it. Little thugs like that who lash out at competitors in dirty, underhanded ways just for the hell of it are the scourge of online selling and they are lower than pond scum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
It is NOT a bad thing to feel happy about it. Little thugs like that who lash out at competitors in dirty, underhanded ways just for the hell of it are the scourge of online selling and they are lower than pond scum.
Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015

Is the shop still there?
Old 01-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Is the shop still there?
Yep. I'm sure their shady azz will be there for eternity with their cronies at the big E.
Old 01-05-2015

I hate that sort of stuff that goes on there at et/sy. when you consider the bullying by some shop owners on others, the shops who can get away listing items that are in clear violation, and the supreme idiots that work there that seem to take care of certain sellers, I am surprised the site has lasted as long as it has. even the forums there are not friendly at times, I have seen people go to the forums for help with sales and setting up their shop properly only to get their shop shut down for apparent violations because other sellers (competitors) reported them directly to the admin.

I sell there, but have learned to just keep my mouth shut on the forums there and try and fly under the radar. It just get frustrating to see it like that.
novemberrain1970 (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I hate that sort of stuff that goes on there at et/sy. when you consider the bullying by some shop owners on others, the shops who can get away listing items that are in clear violation, and the supreme idiots that work there that seem to take care of certain sellers, I am surprised the site has lasted as long as it has. even the forums there are not friendly at times, I have seen people go to the forums for help with sales and setting up their shop properly only to get their shop shut down for apparent violations because other sellers (competitors) reported them directly to the admin.

I sell there, but have learned to just keep my mouth shut on the forums there and try and fly under the radar. It just get frustrating to see it like that.
Total agreement here! I quit selling there because of the BS. I have never posted in the forums once (read silently sometimes, and shook my head) and I have never gone to admin unless attacked, which did me no good. In fact I think it made it worse. The one person who really sought to do me harm (and went sock-puppeting all over the internet to do so) finally got shut down so there is SOME vindication in that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
astoria (01-06-2015), big tymer (01-06-2015)
Old 01-13-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 View Post
Total agreement here! I quit selling there because of the BS. I have never posted in the forums once (read silently sometimes, and shook my head) and I have never gone to admin unless attacked, which did me no good. In fact I think it made it worse. The one person who really sought to do me harm (and went sock-puppeting all over the internet to do so) finally got shut down so there is SOME vindication in that.
I try to fly under the radar as well but then I will get a message from someone telling me they put one of my items in their treasury. I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
I try to fly under the radar as well but then I will get a message from someone telling me they put one of my items in their treasury. I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL
Do people still do treasuries there since they took them off the front page? I remember last year when it happened with the new layout, many shop owners got angry and vowed to stop making them.
Old 01-14-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Do people still do treasuries there since they took them off the front page? I remember last year when it happened with the new layout, many shop owners got angry and vowed to stop making them.
Yep, they sure do. I really didn't benefit from them, however.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015
Threadstarter  

I got put in quite a few and hated it. I do not miss the E word not one bit.
Old 01-14-2015

treasuries are over rated when they appeared on the front page anyway. good for your stats in that you get a lot of views and that was always nice to see, but generally no sales. I rather just show up in search results with good ranking.