Has anyone rented a ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Has anyone rented a ebay account

Has anyone rented a ebay account before

I'm thinking about doing it

Any advice
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Has anyone rented a ebay account

You mean borrow someone else's account.....Bad idea unless your ok if the account you borrow goes down.
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

No I mean rent
Example. U list the product I pay 5 dollars per sold listing plus ebay fee I pay for shipping . U just upload tracking once delivered you send money via a no fee method like chase quickpay
U stay in control of ur ebay n paypal account
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%

So in other words get someone else to sell your product for you? And receive payment on your behalf?
So many potential problems with that scenario I wouldnt know where to start.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Many sca.mmers on Craig.sList and numerous forums already beat you to this years ago. They get n00bs to sell ill.egal sh*t and get their accounts NARU'd. Cash out and peace out. On to the next desperate/naive n00b.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

There's potential problems with stealth but people still take the risk
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Many sca.mmers on Craig.sList and numerous forums already beat you to this years ago. They get n00bs to sell ill.egal sh*t and get their accounts NARU'd. Cash out and peace out. On to the next desperate/naive n00b.
Yes I seen that on craigslist

The way ebay is now unless u have a receipt everything is illegal

I wasn't trying to get the beat on other forums lol
I just wanted to know if any one here has ever done it
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldeals28 View Post
There's potential problems with stealth but people still take the risk
Yes, but at least you take the risk on your own account(s) and not someone else's. If i screw up my stealth's it's on me.

Just so you are aware, people have been running Stealth Accounts for a loooong time without issues.
Old 01-03-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Even if the whole thing was legit , Why wouldn't you just make an account and keep all the profits?
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

This is the same dude moaning about sellers....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...tml#post626845

OP: what's your ebay story? Do you turn and burn accounts?

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Even if the whole thing was legit , Why wouldn't you just make an account and keep all the profits?
So you aren't responsible when other peoples' accounts get NARU'd for the questionable items you sell. I'm pretty sure that's what we're looking at here.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015

Longevity: 59%

WTF....3 words come to mind.......Can of Worms!
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Last time I checked eBay accounts were not for rent. I have sold off excess inventory to fellow eBay sellers in the event something bad happened on my end. But "renting" and account that doesn't work.

Like 10 years ago you might be able to pull that off. Not today.
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
This is the same dude moaning about sellers....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...tml#post626845

OP: what's your ebay story? Do you turn and burn accounts?

Oh u mean how all the sellers only have 250 dollar accounts in stock how funny that is. It's not me moaning about it. It's other newbies as we'll maybe u should actually check other posts before trying to single me out. But thanks for ur 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

I was just thinking about it

It's just as legit as a stealth account. That u buy in some1 else name

It's not like I would call ebay up n say listen I'm renting this account is this ok with ur policies

And it's not like I'm a heavy volume seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Last time I checked eBay accounts were not for rent. I have sold off excess inventory to fellow eBay sellers in the event something bad happened on my end. But "renting" and account that doesn't work.

Like 10 years ago you might be able to pull that off. Not today.

If I told guy the street listen u list for me I pay fees u just send me money when it's delivered. Small listings at first How would that not work.

I would never burn an account that would waste of everyone time after putting in effort

All I asked was I was thinking about it and everyone went asked their grandma oh my god did he just ask that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
WTF....3 words come to mind.......Can of Worms!
Can of worms. Really

Before u Judge Someone on a thought
Look at yourself. Trying to avoid paying taxes asking when is the reset for 20,000 200 transaction.
Think before you comment

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-03-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

So easy to learn stealth and just sell your own stuff...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Cooldeals28 (01-03-2015), write (01-04-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
So easy to learn stealth and just sell your own stuff...
Yes once you get the hang of it your right

I just assumed buying a basic account would be easier I pay u u send if and done

So if forced to to buy high limit account why not do it from profits instead of own money

I didn't say I was gonna do it I was just thinking about it and getting info from you all on this forum. Everyone is having a heart attack. Like chill it's a new year be blessed u have ur health not ur stealth account lmao
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I'm not having a heart attack. You could also consider buying an account from sellers here and using it for sales
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

So, why make this a complicated mess?

If you want someone to sell your items under terms, send them your items being clear as what the costs are, and as they sell, they pay you for your items.

Simple wholesale. I do it everyday.
Another option is to become the source of goods and service and ship items while others sell it. If you offer great service, no issues at all. If you don't, then it will fail and cost your wholesale buyers problems..

Last edited by yankee; 01-03-2015 at 10:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-03-2015), Cooldeals28 (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldeals28 View Post
Can of worms. Really

Before u Judge Someone on a thought
Look at yourself. Trying to avoid paying taxes asking when is the reset for 20,000 200 transaction.
Think before you comment
WOW.
What an ignorant comment.

I think you need to educate yourself before spewing garbage from your keyboard.

the 1099K issue for stealth has NOTHING to do with paying taxes. Get your facts straight.
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I'm not having a heart attack. You could also consider buying an account from sellers here and using it for sales
First silliness for 2015.

Never occurred to you the sellers may not want to sell?

Sure you have not forgotten they have right of declining.

Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If anybody approached me about "renting" my eBay account, I would be VERY, VERY skeptical. I mean, why are they willing to simply give me money?

THEY have the product, THEY have a way to ship it and THEY have the money to stock the inventory, so why wouldn't they just get their OWN eBay account and keep ALL of the profits?

My best guess would be because the merchandise is counterfeit, is otherwise illegal, or they are trying to avoid IRS reporting.

Many years ago, before there was an internet, I received a business sales call from a company selling drop-ship opportunities. They had a very nice catalog printed which I could buy in bulk for maybe 20 cents each, they had mailing lists I could buy for 10 cents a name and of course would pack and ship all of my orders for a fee.

I thought about it... THEY have the catalogs, THEY have the mailing lists and THEY have the inventory. So, WHY DID THEY NEED ME??? For the POSTAGE! They knew that very few people would actually place an order and it was not worth it for them to spend their money mailing the catalogs. So, they sold them to other people who wanted to go into business but couldn't put it all together with buying an inventory, printing catalogs, etc. It was a GREAT DEAL - for THEM! I figured it would cost me about $900 to mail out 1,000 catalogs. I would only make money if there were enough orders to pay me back for my $900 investment, plus the costs of the merchandise and their packing and shipping fees. About 15% of the people I mailed to would have had to place an order for it to work out for me. A 15% response rate was unheard of in the direct mail industry, however, with the average being 2% - 3%. So, I was almost GUARANTEED to take a loss. The company selling the opportunity was making money each step of the way. They only needed to keep finding people willing to invest in sending their catalogs for them.

Whenever someone approaches you with some sort of an opportunity, you have to ask yourself WHY are they offering it to you? What do they need YOU for? What are YOU bringing to the table? If the answer is nothing, or if the answer seems sketchy, then the opportunity is not likely to be a valid opportunity.

I learned this the hard way. I BOUGHT those catalogs and mailed them out. I was maybe 19 or 20 at the time and the idea of being in business for myself was VERY attractive to me. I was just the sucker that salesman was looking for. He pressed all of my GREED buttons and had me dreaming of what I would do with all of the money I was going to make. When all was said and done, I was about $1,200 poorer, but a little bit wiser.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Cooldeals28 (01-03-2015), GhostMoney (01-03-2015)
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
WOW.
What an ignorant comment.

I think you need to educate yourself before spewing garbage from your keyboard.

the 1099K issue for stealth has NOTHING to do with paying taxes. Get your facts straight.
I have my facts. If u pay taxes u don't need to worry when it hits 20.000 u don't want them to send ur info to irs for what to avoid taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If anybody approached me about "renting" my eBay account, I would be VERY, VERY skeptical. I mean, why are they willing to simply give me money?

THEY have the product, THEY have a way to ship it and THEY have the money to stock the inventory, so why wouldn't they just get their OWN eBay account and keep ALL of the profits?

My best guess would be because the merchandise is counterfeit, is otherwise illegal, or they are trying to avoid IRS reporting.

Many years ago, before there was an internet, I received a business sales call from a company selling drop-ship opportunities. They had a very nice catalog printed which I could buy in bulk for maybe 20 cents each, they had mailing lists I could buy for 10 cents a name and of course would pack and ship all of my orders for a fee.

I thought about it... THEY have the catalogs, THEY have the mailing lists and THEY have the inventory. So, WHY DID THEY NEED ME??? For the POSTAGE! They knew that very few people would actually place an order and it was not worth it for them to spend their money mailing the catalogs. So, they sold them to other people who wanted to go into business but couldn't put it all together with buying an inventory, printing catalogs, etc. It was a GREAT DEAL - for THEM! I figured it would cost me about $900 to mail out 1,000 catalogs. I would only make money if there were enough orders to pay me back for my $900 investment, plus the costs of the merchandise and their packing and shipping fees. About 15% of the people I mailed to would have had to place an order for it to work out for me. A 15% response rate was unheard of in the direct mail industry, however, with the average being 2% - 3%. So, I was almost GUARANTEED to take a loss. The company selling the opportunity was making money each step of the way. They only needed to keep finding people willing to invest in sending their catalogs for them.

Whenever someone approaches you with some sort of an opportunity, you have to ask yourself WHY are they offering it to you? What do they need YOU for? What are YOU bringing to the table? If the answer is nothing, or if the answer seems sketchy, then the opportunity is not likely to be a valid opportunity.

I learned this the hard way. I BOUGHT those catalogs and mailed them out. I was maybe 19 or 20 at the time and the idea of being in business for myself was VERY attractive to me. I was just the sucker that salesman was looking for. He pressed all of my GREED buttons and had me dreaming of what I would do with all of the money I was going to make. When all was said and done, I was about $1,200 poorer, but a little bit wiser.

Thank u for ur post. That is the point of my thread to see if anyone has done it
Some don't understand on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
First silliness for 2015.

Never occurred to you the sellers may not want to sell?

Sure you have not forgotten they have right of declining.

Yes they have right of course.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-03-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread