Restricted Account But Auctions Are Still Up? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Restricted Account But Auctions Are Still Up?

I have a restricted account but the auctions are still up. Does this make any sense or are the auctions going to go down soon? Its been about 4 days since I got the restriction. Ebay said that the account could possibly be tied to another, which is an older account my sister had and we used to live together so im sure somewhere down the line ip's were shared. They gave me a few options to choose from and I chose I had no idea whose account it could be tied to. I am a little hesitant to touch the account but have been stealthing it since I've started messing with it a few weeks ago(she hasn't lived here for 2 years). I also haven't sold any of the items however they are all fixed price 30 day listings. Do you think they would even sell or would the buyer not be able to complete transaction?? I have a few other accounts I have incubating, but wanted to test my luck with her account first.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Restricted Account But Auctions Are Still Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emase View Post
I have a restricted account but the auctions are still up. Does this make any sense or are the auctions going to go down soon? Its been about 4 days since I got the restriction. Ebay said that the account could possibly be tied to another, which is an older account my sister had and we used to live together so im sure somewhere down the line ip's were shared. They gave me a few options to choose from and I chose I had no idea whose account it could be tied to. I am a little hesitant to touch the account but have been stealthing it since I've started messing with it a few weeks ago(she hasn't lived here for 2 years). I also haven't sold any of the items however they are all fixed price 30 day listings. Do you think they would even sell or would the buyer not be able to complete transaction?? I have a few other accounts I have incubating, but wanted to test my luck with her account first.
Is your paypal still active? If so people probably will still be able to buy, as the 30 day listings end if you are permanently suspended then you will not be able to relist them and the account will simply close
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You will have no problems with those listings but you can not list any more items.

It is not a bad place to be in. You may be able to get the account back.
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Yep Paypal is still active! Never got an email saying I was permanently suspended I just can't list more than 2 items at a time or change any details on the items posted itself. I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope after 30 days I will be able to post more items. :x
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Can you copy and paste the message ebay sent you?
Of course block out all personal info.

I have not seen a limitation that allows you to list 2 items at a time unless you mean your selling limits have been lowered to that.

Very interesting
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi ...

It looks like your ... account is associated with another account, ..., which is currently restricted on eBay. As a result, we’ve restricted the ... account until you can resolve our concerns.

Be sure to sign in with .... That will make it easier for us to help you out.

Thanks,

We hope to hear from you soon.

Clicked the link, signed in, and it gave me a few options.

Yes this is my other account.
No, this is not my account but I can explain why we may be tied together.
No I have never seen this account before.

Once I selected the "Correct" option it told me I can call them to speak to a rep but hold times were 1:40 minutes or something so I never did. I expected the auctions to be removed immediately but I checked and they are still up! This also happened about 1 hour after I posted the auctions and during this process it would only allow me to post 2 listings.

Wierd?
Old 01-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

They don't mind you selling but want to make sure your account is not hijacked it seems and to confirm the soft link to what is most likely not a suspended account.

Call in LATE or EARLY and the hold times will be better.
Old 01-03-2015

Longevity: 68%

They linked you to another account that owes money. The same thing just happened to me. I paid the old account off and they reinstated my account, however, I am know facing a MC011 restriction.
Old 01-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Well the other account they have me linked to I lost about a month ago for no good reason, top seller, 100% feedback, etc.. I am kinda scared to call in lol.. Does anyone know what kind of questions they usually ask to tie the account together?
Old 01-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by emase View Post
Well the other account they have me linked to I lost about a month ago for no good reason, top seller, 100% feedback, etc.. I am kinda scared to call in lol.. Does anyone know what kind of questions they usually ask to tie the account together?

I'm not sure what questions they will ask you but that did happen to me once and they linked my accounts from the picture I was using.

Ebay and pp are a constant battle. It reminds me of when I was using craigslist.

Study this forum, read ever thread on here and will will start to figure out how they linked your accounts. There are multiple ways they can link accounts...in my case tho it was the pictures.
Old 10-31-2016

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
They don't mind you selling but want to make sure your account is not hijacked it seems and to confirm the soft link to what is most likely not a suspended account.

Call in LATE or EARLY and the hold times will be better.

Sorry resurrect a old thread , but after googling , I landed right here...

Similar situation to the original poster , I have a few accounts on eBay , but for some reason I have been associated with my ex-business partners account today on one of my new accounts only 3 feedback...so not so worried about losing that account.......BUT I do have other accounts with lots of feedback , all are very important to me.

It looks as the account that was associated with me has not basically paid the monthly ebay bill......my big concern is that I will be linked to all my other accounts and each one will pop up with the same email " please contact us to resolve our concerns"

I am not sure how much the bill is for etc plus I do have a Static IP address , as I am using my account from my business location....the IP address cannot easily be changed by just resetting the router etc.

I'm pretty concerned....

If my ex business partner paid off the bill , would all this stop and go away ?

or would my account still be restricted.... !?!?

I'm very concerned , I sell good stuff on eBay , it is my livelyhood , I know eBay are extremely strict....
Old 11-01-2016

Happened to me for posting a used VERO item and didn't put used but left listing new. So the rights holder had ebay take down my ad and they suspended me for a week but all my listings (200) are still up and active. Can even accept best offer.