eBay seller's credit and fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default eBay seller's credit and fees

I sold one item in December and the buyer didn't pay for the item even that he won the bidding. I received the invoice for December where it's stated that eBay fees are $22. Today, I will be closing the case of unpaid item and should request a credit.

My question is how this will be done? Since the fee is $22 and I have insufficient amount on my paypal account, which is my only option of paying the fees. Will ebay seller's credit covers the fee or I will be charged anyway? If I will be charged, for what is it used for then? Future seller's fee?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2015

Default Re: eBay seller's credit and fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverse View Post
I sold one item in December and the buyer didn't pay for the item even that he won the bidding. I received the invoice for December where it's stated that eBay fees are $22. Today, I will be closing the case of unpaid item and should request a credit.

My question is how this will be done? Since the fee is $22 and I have insufficient amount on my paypal account, which is my only option of paying the fees. Will ebay seller's credit covers the fee or I will be charged anyway? If I will be charged, for what is it used for then? Future seller's fee?
I think it depends when your ebay.fees are.due. What date are they due??
If you close case now, the fee credit should be immediate and come off your balance owed.
But say, your fees are due tomorrow, the payment may be in progress and will go to paypal first to see if there are funds.

If your fees are not due for a few days then closing case and obtaining fee credit should be updated before they are due.
Hope in makibg sense :-)
introverse (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:

Like halo said it depends when the fees are supposed to be issued. If they're already in process then most likely they will try to do a echeck with your bank if you don't have funds in your paypal account.

If the echeck passes without issue (risky), and you end up winning your case you'll see a -22 balance owed in your acccount settings. They won't return the 22 dollars if they already took it out.
Old 01-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
I think it depends when your ebay.fees are.due. What date are they due??
If you close case now, the fee credit should be immediate and come off your balance owed.
But say, your fees are due tomorrow, the payment may be in progress and will go to paypal first to see if there are funds.

If your fees are not due for a few days then closing case and obtaining fee credit should be updated before they are due.
Hope in makibg sense :-)
Yeah, great. Thank you for answering.

Ebay stated it will be in 10+ days when they will charge the fee, meanwhile I will close the case today or tomorrow the most. So the credit will cover the fee in this case and I won't be changed anything from my paypal?
Old 01-05-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Yeah, great. Thank you for answering.

Ebay stated it will be in 10+ days when they will charge the fee, meanwhile I will close the case today or tomorrow the most. So the credit will cover the fee in this case and I won't be changed anything from my paypal?
After the case sides in your favor double check your account balance. If its 0.00 then no they will not charge anything because you don't owe anything.
Old 01-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
After the case sides in your favor double check your account balance. If its 0.00 then no they will not charge anything because you don't owe anything.
Ebay account balance? What if it still says $22?

I mean I will win it for sure, since the buyer already contacted me stating he can't pay for the item and 4 days of waiting time for his payment ends up today in 5 hours.
Old 01-05-2015

Longevity: 59%

The minute the case is closed, they credit your account.....so there really is no what if here.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
introverse (01-05-2015)