I have a seller defect but perfect dsr? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-07-2015

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%
Default I have a seller defect but perfect dsr?

I have a love/hate relationship with ebay, but this is why I hate them.

First off I want to say I realize I'm in the wrong from a stealth perspective for doing this but still..

Before new years I sold some digital goods on a account to boost feedback before the new year. I already had 100% feedback but wanted a little boost. I have all 5's for dsr except 4.9 out 5 for communication, which was over 2 months ago. In my seller dashboard it shows I have a new defect on my account for "item not described" but my dsr for item not described still shows 5. This has been for about 5 days.

After speaking with a wall for about a hour what I got for them is this..

My seller dashboard takes every month to update, duh.

I kept trying to say then why from a buyers persepective does it show I have 5 dsr in that same category? If I bought a product and was unhappy and left low dsr but no feedback it WOULD show. That to much knowledge DOESN'T take a month to update. From a sellers perspective it shows I have a defect but whats really the point if the buyer doesn't see the same thing? The main point of dsrs is for the consumer NOT the seller.

I have some strange history on this particular account thus far. I have had a MC999 about 2 1/2 months into the account opening. The MC999 was the stardard question MC999 but I got it extrememly late into selling. I was told because I listed to many high risk clothing items to quickly, fine I can bite the bullet on that.

Ever since then I got dropped to last in listings, like last last.

The account has limits raised to 290/7300 so as you can imagine its frustrating to have those limits but the account being a dud. My listings are starting to come out the dark and inching back to mid in searches but thats still not helpful. I'm also near "top rated seller status", even though I realize that means NOTHING with eBay and search results sadly. The rep kept saying "every seller isn't perfect blah blah blah" but I don't want a defect on a account for reasons I can't comprehend! I take selling serious and try my best to please everyone but THIS was just a a**hole leaving low dsr for no particular reason, if they even did.

Part of this is venting but part is... What do you all think about this?

I'll repeat it again I know I shouldn't of been selling digital goods BUT nevertheless a defect in my seller dashboard SHOULDN'T be there if its also not reflective in my actual dsr rating, correct?

I know this was a digital goods purchased 26th of December because I got the item number out of the rep after a hour of trying. The buyer/seller has 4.9 in "item not described" so I'm assuming if he/she really left low dsr out of retalation even though I had nothing to do with the seller having a mark on his/her account.

They are stealth as I can tell there product listing and how aged the account is. Well I'm 99% postive their stealth. Part of me says "keep it moving" ...other wants to buy a product and ruin their account. It will really piss me off if for NO reason he/she left low DSR my account again falls in search listings. I want to keep getting increases but I'm not going to sell on this account if I'm last in searches.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-07-2015 at 02:32 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: I have a seller defect but perfect dsr?

Sorry this happened to you. People can be royal dicks, I don't know you can fix it. But I hope someone can help you!
Old 01-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Gawd.

Move on and devote your time to better things than moaning about a doofus buyer.

You gambled with digital goods.

By your own words, you know that was an error.

Let it be and move forwards.

More serious issues will happen. Prepare for them.

Lose a battle but always win the war.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-07-2015 at 10:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Keep in mind to try to avoid ebay looking at your account. Be careful or have a can of worms opened up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (01-07-2015), vogeltron (01-08-2015)
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Keep in mind to try to avoid ebay looking at your account. Be careful or have a can of worms opened up.
hahaha that is so funny. Even when I am mad at eb or pp I just kick something and NOT CALL. Calling makes things bad.
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with ebay, but this is why I hate them.

First off I want to say I realize I'm in the wrong from a stealth perspective for doing this but still..

Before new years I sold some digital goods on a account to boost feedback before the new year. I already had 100% feedback but wanted a little boost. I have all 5's for dsr except 4.9 out 5 for communication, which was over 2 months ago. In my seller dashboard it shows I have a new defect on my account for "item not described" but my dsr for item not described still shows 5. This has been for about 5 days.

After speaking with a wall for about a hour what I got for them is this..

My seller dashboard takes every month to update, duh.

I kept trying to say then why from a buyers persepective does it show I have 5 dsr in that same category? If I bought a product and was unhappy and left low dsr but no feedback it WOULD show. That to much knowledge DOESN'T take a month to update. From a sellers perspective it shows I have a defect but whats really the point if the buyer doesn't see the same thing? The main point of dsrs is for the consumer NOT the seller.

I have some strange history on this particular account thus far. I have had a MC999 about 2 1/2 months into the account opening. The MC999 was the stardard question MC999 but I got it extrememly late into selling. I was told because I listed to many high risk clothing items to quickly, fine I can bite the bullet on that.

Ever since then I got dropped to last in listings, like last last.

The account has limits raised to 290/7300 so as you can imagine its frustrating to have those limits but the account being a dud. My listings are starting to come out the dark and inching back to mid in searches but thats still not helpful. I'm also near "top rated seller status", even though I realize that means NOTHING with eBay and search results sadly. The rep kept saying "every seller isn't perfect blah blah blah" but I don't want a defect on a account for reasons I can't comprehend! I take selling serious and try my best to please everyone but THIS was just a a**hole leaving low dsr for no particular reason, if they even did.

Part of this is venting but part is... What do you all think about this?

I'll repeat it again I know I shouldn't of been selling digital goods BUT nevertheless a defect in my seller dashboard SHOULDN'T be there if its also not reflective in my actual dsr rating, correct?

I know this was a digital goods purchased 26th of December because I got the item number out of the rep after a hour of trying. The buyer/seller has 4.9 in "item not described" so I'm assuming if he/she really left low dsr out of retalation even though I had nothing to do with the seller having a mark on his/her account.

They are stealth as I can tell there product listing and how aged the account is. Well I'm 99% postive their stealth. Part of me says "keep it moving" ...other wants to buy a product and ruin their account. It will really piss me off if for NO reason he/she left low DSR my account again falls in search listings. I want to keep getting increases but I'm not going to sell on this account if I'm last in searches.

How many stealth accounts do you have?
Old 01-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Gawd.

Move one and devote your time to better things than moaning about a doofus buyer.

You gambled with digital goods.

By your own words, you know that was an error.

Let it be and move forwards.

More serious issues will happen. Prepare for them.

Lose a battle but always win the war.

I know but I don't understand WHY I have a defect? Am I wrong to question why I have a defect and yet still perfect DSR? I guess your right but it still makes 0 logical sense to me.
Old 01-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
How many stealth accounts do you have?
I have 16 but only 6 currently selling and the rest in different stages of ageing.

Each has its own different method of creation. I mean they all got created the same way but for instance ...

Account A) I may have waited 2 months to start selling...
Account B) I may have started selling after the second week then wait 2 months... and so on.
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I have 16 but only 6 currently selling and the rest in different stages of ageing.

Each has its own different method of creation. I mean they all got created the same way but for instance ...

Account A) I may have waited 2 months to start selling...
Account B) I may have started selling after the second week then wait 2 months... and so on.
Wow you're doing so great. I know its sucky. But someone on here told me that the newer accounts get more traffic anyways. Maybe try to use the new ones and build them up. Let the other one cool off a bit. Its annoying I know I am still curious why its showing if there was no fb. It is a weird situation.
Old 01-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Its just one of those bad accounts for whatever reason. Not sure if its what I did upon creating the account or what. I have two others that got created around the same time, and they're all on first page doing great!

Some accounts fall into ebays good graces, some don't ...some are neutral. (granted you are a A+ seller)