selling clothing on a new eBay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Yahoo to g1megatron
Default selling clothing on a new eBay account

I plan on getting the stealth guide and reading it and buying me a few accounts from the market place here and I was wondering if I can sell clothing on a new eBay account after I buy one from here or should I wait until after the 90 probation period that eBay gives you when you are a new user on ebay to list the clothing I was going to sell
The Following User Says Thank You to g1megatron For This Useful Post:
xhan (11-09-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: selling clothing on a new eBay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1megatron View Post
I plan on getting the stealth guide and reading it and buying me a few accounts from the market place here and I was wondering if I can sell clothing on a new eBay account after I buy one from here or should I wait until after the 90 probation period that eBay gives you when you are a new user on ebay to list the clothing I was going to sell
No problem if items are not VERO
All my stealths started out with clothing but they were unbranded and used. Thats the way it has to be in the beginning :-)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 59%

If you're talking about Gucci, to Tommy Hilfiger etc...I'd wait, if it's a non-designer type brand, I would think you would be OK...

Do you have receipts for the stuff you ask in case eBay asks? Are the receipts from a legit wholesaler?
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
going to need to be careful with your definition of 'clothing'.

Anything branded might be an issue.

Even already worn & branded can be trouble.

Whatever else you do, dont sell unless you have the invoices to back up your offerings.
Business with invoices is what ebay & paypal want.

Good Luck.

Old 01-09-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

I sell clothing as a main part of my business.

The best thing you can do is learn stealth. Work slow and do what everyone else said, don't list branded items just yet.

Once you get used to stealth try to experiment with brands on newer accounts. I personally have no issue selling Tommy Hilfiger on newer accounts but now I know what I'm doing when listing the items as I've learned from previous mistakes.

The more you test the limits the more you can learn. Mistakes can be your friend.

Good luck.
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

No time period matter. It could be 3 years. You must sell low risk items and build up trust with eBay. Then you work to the other items assuming everything is legit you take good pics and prove it. You will then be fine. Hard work goes into getting back on eBay and selling.
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Yahoo to g1megatron

The clothing won't be any designer brands like Gucci Burberry or True Religion it will be mostly used clothing from thrift stores I was going learn stealth first before I do anything else on eBay again
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
The clothing won't be any designer brands like Gucci Burberry or True Religion it will be mostly used clothing from thrift stores I was going learn stealth first before I do anything else on eBay again
Not bad things to sell. But build the account get some selling history and feedback with some low risk items. Before you list these. Also be very confident they are 100% authentic and have the pics of the hang tags, etc on the listings to prove it.
Old 01-09-2015

I would avoid Burberry. They have a very strong presence on ebay. In other words they flag "counterfeits" alot, even if they arent..
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Do the brand research OP - branded clothing can be risky (like the Burberry mark(
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 67%

Lots of sellers are accumulating defects% selling clothes. If it doesn't fit and the customer opens a return, you get a defect. When buyers wanna exchange they usually open NAD case. you make buyer happy eventually but you get stuck with defect%. This would lead to your downfall
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome84 View Post
Lots of sellers are accumulating defects% selling clothes. If it doesn't fit and the customer opens a return, you get a defect. When buyers wanna exchange they usually open NAD case. you make buyer happy eventually but you get stuck with defect%. This would lead to your downfall
Highly inaccurate information!

When some people have a issue they tend to think everyone is in the same boat.

I sell clothing, its 75% of my business on eBay.

Trust me as long as you take proper measurements, and are 100% honest of the condition you shouldn't see to many returns.

Heres the thing. We all buy clothes and know some brands run big, some clothes in general run big or small.

Take slimfit clothes for instance. When listing a slimfit item you NEED to say it fits tighter and smaller for a "medium"...making it possibly fit like a small, even though its size "medium".

Yes this might mean you won't sell it as fast, big deal.

If you just said size medium then your running the risk of getting a return. This applies to all clothing.

In other words you need to do your homework. You get more familar with measurements over time but measurements alone aren't everything. You need to know the product your selling, bottom line.

Lazy sellers get defects.

We all get them thats apart of business but some get far greater than others. The beautiful thing about being your own boss is you get to decide what type of company, business you run.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-09-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I would avoid Burberry. They have a very strong presence on ebay. In other words they flag "counterfeits" alot, even if they arent..
Whats your opinion on VOI?
Used to be pretty big in the UK but dont think as much so now. Still risky do you think?
Got tons of voi and thought i could begin slowly listing. Like one a week or something :-)
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 65%

Try to avoid designer clothing, unless you can provide documentation.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Used to be pretty big in the UK but dont think as much so now. Still risky do you think?
Got tons of voi and thought i could begin slowly listing. Like one a week or something :-)
Honestly I never have sold it.

Looks like its pretty much sold exclusively in the UK.

I personally would list depending on how aged the account is around 10-15 items daily. Most people wouldn't but I would...

The main reason I feel so confident with listing clothing and now have almost 0 issues listing is because I test eBays limits on what I can or can't do. Its hard for me to say list quickly because I'd hate to have your account go down because of what I said...

UK and US also have different monitered systems in place. Like paypal I believe is causing way more issues in UK than in US.

I firmly believe in testing listings with ebay. If I didn't I'd be listing one item per week unitl the 3 months passed like some members on here recommend.
I personally have found that not applicable to what I sell. Obviously I'm not listing Versace in the first month.

I'd say list to what your comfortable with. I have never gotten suspended from listing to quickly. 2 things have happened.

1) I had limits placed where I could only list (5-10 items per month)
2) I got a MC999 for listing to many branded items to quickly (ralph laurens, tommy hilfiger, etc)
The MC999 was the easy basic questions so I passed it, but I know a bad rep could have asked database questions IF they wanted.

General rule of thumb I use is if its over $100+ I do a little more research.
You most likely shouldn't any issues listing this brand.

This brand doesn't look to be THAT expensive, although depending what you have and if its new/used you could make some good money.

*ALL THIS IS STRICTLY RELATED TO SELLING CLOTHING, NO OTHER ITEMS*

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-10-2015 at 02:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Honestly I never have sold it.

Looks like its pretty much sold exclusively in the UK.

I personally would list depending on how aged the account is around 10-15 items daily. Most people wouldn't but I would...

The main reason I feel so confident with listing clothing and now have almost 0 issues listing is because I test eBays limits on what I can or can't do. Its hard for me to say list quickly because I'd hate to have your account go down because of what I said...

UK and US also have different monitered systems in place. Like paypal I believe is causing way more issues in UK than in US.

I firmly believe in testing listings with ebay. If I didn't I'd be listing one item per week unitl the 3 months passed like some members on here recommend.
I personally have found that not applicable to what I sell. Obviously I'm not listing Versace in the first month.

I'd say list to what your comfortable with. I have never gotten suspended from listing to quickly. 2 things have happened.

1) I had limits placed where I could only list (5-10 items per month)
2) I got a MC999 for listing to many branded items to quickly (ralph laurens, tommy hilfiger, etc)
The MC999 was the easy basic questions so I passed it, but I know a bad rep could have asked database questions IF they wanted.

General rule of thumb I use is if its over $100+ I do a little more research.
You most likely shouldn't any issues listing this brand.

This brand doesn't look to be THAT expensive, although depending what you have and if its new/used you could make some good money.

*ALL THIS IS STRICTLY RELATED TO SELLING CLOTHING, NO OTHER ITEMS*
Thank you. I really appreciate all you have said. Gonna give it a try. Its all used and like you say, its not like im listing versace. VOI was big here at one point. Its more popular than expensive
But i do agree about testing the waters. Ive slowly started to list some new things amongst my used stuff and have had no issues doing this, though i have done this slowly
Thanks again :-)

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 01-10-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Thank you. I really appreciate all you have said. Gonna give it a try. Its all used and like you say, its not like im listing versace. VOI was big here at one point. Its more popular than expensive
But i do agree about testing the waters. Ive slowly started to list some new things amongst my used stuff and have had no issues doing this, though i have done this slowly
Thanks again :-)
What you did slowly try speeding it up now..

The 5-10 item per month holds are very rare, at least what I've seen on my accounts. Usually you know you have the limit after the first month of the accounts creation. It's only happened to me if I listed branded items within the first 3 days of creating the account which could get you suspended like anything else.

The worst that can happen from a US stand point is getting a MC999, which has only happened once for me!

I have NEVER gotten suspended for listing items to quickly. I'm just smart with it... I took it slowly (like you) and sped up the process over time with different accounts.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-10-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

The best brands are like VIO. They aren't overally saturated and sell. For instance brands I like to look for are "supreme" "hood by air" "the outsiders"...those are just a few BUT they always sell for GOOD profit.

The great thing about these brands is their presence on ebay is scarce. I highly doubt they have any one monitoring the site because they aren't a massive worldwide brand like "versace, burberry". Keep in mind someone is paying someone to search ebay for "counterfeit items". If the brand itself isn't worldwide usually they aren't putting resources in to "searching for f#kes on ebay". Its simply not worth their time or money.

The brands that arent "huge" but very much in style are the ones I like to look for. The brands I listed above are more the "hip hop/ pop culture/ edgy look" ..

Whenever I get those particular brands amougst others I list them freely without ANY concerns of getting a "counterfeit mc999". Obviously I only sell real items but that doesn't matter for instance with Burberry sometimes.

I highly suggest taking a look at brands that aren't "huge" but sell for good profit in the UK.

I personally think theres alot more focus in style in the UK than US. Hopefully that should work in your favor

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-10-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

Solefood....thank you.
I have started to list more quickly now. Just had my first increase on one account from 10 to 30.
Have maxed that out now....shipped most stuff and hope another increase might be on the cards soon.
There are a few ladies brands that ive been selling which are known to sell well. Just high street brands but do sell well.
I check out the charity shops regularly and pick up some bargains and profit on them.
I have some YSL and i have one versace shirt lol....but probably wont ever be able to list that so may have to donate that back to charity :-)
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 88%

I'm another seller of clothes here.
Thanks for the tips solefoodbk. I started about a year ago and i wish I'd had your info at the beginning as I've made a few mistakes and collected some defects.
Do you just look for clothes in the charity shop 00000.halo?
I ask as I find some great items in charity shops -not just clothes - so please keep an eye open on all the other stuff in charity shops.
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Are the Voi items new or secondhand.

I've never had a problem with secondhand.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Solefood....thank you.
I have started to list more quickly now. Just had my first increase on one account from 10 to 30.
Have maxed that out now....shipped most stuff and hope another increase might be on the cards soon.
There are a few ladies brands that ive been selling which are known to sell well. Just high street brands but do sell well.
I check out the charity shops regularly and pick up some bargains and profit on them.
I have some YSL and i have one versace shirt lol....but probably wont ever be able to list that so may have to donate that back to charity :-)
Why can't you list the versace?