Local Wholesaler - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Arrow Local Wholesaler

Aside from eBay, I work part time through the college bookstore in my town. I was restocking merchandise and just so happened to see their supplier name printed on one of their shipping boxes when I was unpacking them. As I was very interested, I took a picture and later found their website. Wholesale graphic tshirt printing for college schools and its all licensed apparel. Their store (Factory, or whatever) is 1.3 miles away from where I live. Is it worth a shot to just drop by and see if I could become a buyer? I do not have a brick and mortar store.

I was also questioned if selling graphic shirts that are college specific would be profitable online? And the fact that my bookstore that I work at is completely overpriced, like any bookstore, and if I would make any profit.

What are your thoughts? My selling limits were just increased to 200/$5000 and I'm super excited. I think I found a goldmine or just another place to reject me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Local Wholesaler

I say, go for it. It never hurts to try. I would talk to one of the buying managers (whatever they are called) to see what kind of paperwork you need to make purchases there.

Some wholesaler will need a business license or business paperwork to even purchase from them. The worst thing they can say is "another no".

Best part is that its a local wholesale and very close to you.
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

I was thinking that it would be easier to sell to me because I could just pick up the products (unless they're made somewhere else, I don't know). Heck, maybe I can talk to my manager and buy from the wholesaler through my work!
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
I was thinking that it would be easier to sell to me because I could just pick up the products (unless they're made somewhere else, I don't know). Heck, maybe I can talk to my manager and buy from the wholesaler through my work!
I would not talk to your manager about anything like that. He might find a way to fire you. I would not even speak to him about it. Just go directly to the wholesaler first.

Your boss might see it as competition.

And everything is made somewhere else.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
SUVE (01-11-2015)
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Arrow Re: Local Wholesaler

My manager is super chill. She doesn't own any part of the business as theres someone above her. But I'll stick to your advice.
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

worth a shot, if anything it'll make you feel more comfortable in future situations like that in talking with suppliers
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

I've attempted to become partners with two different legit suppliers and were rejected because they didn't accept anymore online sellers. I've only worked with unbranded suppliers from China through Skype lol. I'm hoping to really start to get up to how I originally was on eBay a year ago. Thanks for the response.
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
My manager is super chill. She doesn't own any part of the business as theres someone above her. But I'll stick to your advice.
Your manager might be super chill on the surface but deep down she might be something else. When it comes to business people change a lot. Some are cool about thing but others might and usually go rouge. Just be careful about it. Sometimes is not worth losing a job about it, I only it's only a part time but you get to learn about things that will/might help you out in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
SUVE (01-11-2015)
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I've attempted to become partners with two different legit suppliers and were rejected because they didn't accept anymore online sellers. I've only worked with unbranded suppliers from China through Skype lol. I'm hoping to really start to get up to how I originally was on eBay a year ago. Thanks for the response.
Maybe if you live in a large city search for companies that offer pallets for sale.

I just found one on facebook (didnt bother to look there) that also under 2 miles from where I live. I just found them on Wednesday, so I'll check them out on Monday.

If I buy one I will have to get my brother in law and his truck. My poor car (prius) does not like to tow anything, I do anyways but I keep it under 600 pounds.
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Their store (Factory, or whatever) is 1.3 miles away from where I live. Is it worth a shot to just drop by and see if I could become a buyer? I do not have a brick and mortar store.
What are your thoughts? My selling limits were just increased to 200/$5000 and I'm super excited. I think I found a goldmine or just another place to reject me.
Many companies do not like people turning up at their door asking if they can sell their goods.

Work out what you can offer them to make it worthwhile to sell their items.

Consider a business plan and write out a letter of introduction. Try to avoid turning up and looking like a panhandler.

Avoid any involvement with your current position. Dont sh*t in your own nest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (01-11-2015), SUVE (01-11-2015)
Old 01-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

don't approach them like a tyre kicker.

have some sort of business plan and something to show for it.
Old 01-10-2015
Threadstarter  

I was doing some more research on their website and I found a way to contact them for inquiries and quotes.. It was surprisingly WAY harder to get to this part of the website than I would have guessed. Kind of hidden.

I included my info and mentioned that I live very close and can come by in person. They said they usually respond within 24 hours. Its Saturday so I'm sure I'll get a response by Monday evening. I'll update this forum post when I get a response.

Good points on just walking in their establishment. Once I get a response I'll try to create a business plan.
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

keep this updated pkease, would love to hear how it goes
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I was doing some more research on their website and I found a way to contact them for inquiries and quotes.. It was surprisingly WAY harder to get to this part of the website than I would have guessed. Kind of hidden.

I included my info and mentioned that I live very close and can come by in person. They said they usually respond within 24 hours. Its Saturday so I'm sure I'll get a response by Monday evening. I'll update this forum post when I get a response.

Good points on just walking in their establishment. Once I get a response I'll try to create a business plan.
I do not want to knock your eagerness.

Dont count on a quick response. Be prepared to wait a bit longer than Monday. Get going on that plan STAT.

Old 01-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Well I got a fast response, but it wasn't too good.

anks for contacting us. We want to work with as many retailers as possible, but the ---name--- restricts the type of distribution channels we can wholesale shirts into. Your channel falls outside what we are allowed to do. If you want to send me more info, mainly company name(s) and location I can have it checked further, but right now I don’t think it’s possible.

Looks like they want me to have a brick and mortar store. Is there a way to say that my house is my store? LOL.

Disappointing but I saw it coming. How should I respond?
Old 01-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Maybe if you live in a large city search for companies that offer pallets for sale.

I just found one on facebook (didnt bother to look there) that also under 2 miles from where I live. I just found them on Wednesday, so I'll check them out on Monday.

If I buy one I will have to get my brother in law and his truck. My poor car (prius) does not like to tow anything, I do anyways but I keep it under 600 pounds.
Interesting bit of insight there into Prius cars yotano
Old 01-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Almost all distributors and manufacturers are going to want a business license and tax ID from the state.
It is not free, but most states you can do this fairly affordable.

Next I would consider putting together a website of your business. It does not have to be overly fancy or elaborate but it adds to your perceived legitimacy.

Last edited by yankee; 01-13-2015 at 07:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
progetter92 (01-13-2015)
Old 01-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Many companies do not like people turning up at their door asking if they can sell their goods.

Work out what you can offer them to make it worthwhile to sell their items.

Consider a business plan and write out a letter of introduction. Try to avoid turning up and looking like a panhandler.

Avoid any involvement with your current position. Dont sh*t in your own nest.
Wise words greenie!!