Fraudulent paypal chargebacks - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-25-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Fraudulent paypal chargebacks

I really hate paypal. At the moment i am only using my real paypal, fully verified account with real details.

For some reason i have recently started receiving a high number of credit card chargebacks from fraudulent buyers- Items which had been shipped out months ago and they had signed for (and i have electronic proof of this!).

It seems in this day and age, the seller has no protection atall. Buyers seem to be increasingly becoming aware of the soft touch that is paypal and are submitting more and more fraudulent claims against honest sellers.

Recently for one transaction i had, i noticed the buyer brought over 500 high priced items (from hundreds of different sellers) and left feedback. A week later all of us have recieved chargebacks! The buyer is quite clearly commititng fraud- for some strange reason even though most of us sent our items via a recorded delviery serivice this thief has got away without signing for any of them!

It just states delivered on the royal mail website, but no proof available! All of us sellers have been speaking to each other via ebay and wanted to warn other ebayers of this thief- so left positive feedback stating not to deal with this theif (as negative cant be left!).

Ebay then removed all of our feedback! We have been left with no money and do not have our items! Paypal obviously just stole the money from our accounts to recover the fraudulent chargeback costs. Some ebayeres have reported this guy to the police. What else can we do?

I am considering setting up ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal accounts so that if my paypal goes into a negative i can just stop using it and go over to another one. I am fed up of being conned by paypal.. every year they and ebay get worse and WORSE!

Something has to be done. I don't want to pay ebay fees anymore either, i HATE the company- whats to stop me using both disposable ebay and paypal accounts to get back some ££££££ they stole?

I plan on selling items and not bothering to pay the fees, and just going onto another ebay account..

Anyone ever got to the point where they really cant be bothered with ebay and paypal anymore? I am making just as much money daytrading the stock markets at the momement, with half the hassle! Anyone would have thought ebay would be less stressful than sharedealing!

I really really really hope we see the downfall of ebay within the next couple of years, and they way its going it think this may well be a possibility.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Hopefully google or someone will come up with a clone of the ebay genre