new paypal with old cc !! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Talking new paypal with old cc !!

Hello all ! Thanks for all information posted here! Great job Modee!
Just want to share with you something very interesting. I have 3 paypal accounts which I randomly link to my ebay accounts but for collecting payments use a different paypal. Ebay always ask me to link paypal to ebay no matter which ebay site I choose to sell. Today just got emailed from ebay that one of my accounts is limited and they ask proof of id and dont remember what else.....somehow they link it to an old one. So I logged into the paypal linked to that ebay and close it and I saw there is a message saying that all your information will be erased from their system if you close your account. The paypal was ok, not restricted in any way so I had no problems closing it. I erased all cookies, reset the IP than tried to create a new paypal with same cc used for the old account just closed 30 min ago. Used new email and I changed few letters for name and address. It worked! Now Im waiting for expanded number to be verified. I thought is impossible to create new accounts with same cc. So now will have a new paypal account with old data, no need to buy new vcc or opening new bank account. And best thing ebay cant pull money from my paypal for my seller fees. I set all my ebay seller fees to be paid with entropay vcc which I eventually destroy right after ebay close the accounts so they will try take money from paypal but now they will get nada. Well...just felt to share it with you, maybe is old information but might be useful for others...cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Good information muie_ebay, I didn't know that about the paypal account. It may come in handy one day.
Old 07-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

muie_ebay - Very interesting. When you're linking your paypal and ebay accounts to sell, have you had to make sure the ebay user information matches the paypal exactly? If not, what parts can be different? Name, address, anything? I would like to open a new ebay account with one user name & with my real information on paypal, but I'm concerned the link will foul it all up. Unfortunately, I must do this for international sales. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Hey jack, my ebay accounts and paypal accounts never match. Example: link paypal account on name john mark with ebay account mary johnson. Not even the addresses match. Street name and number are different. Ebay dont check this.
Im from a country where paypal is only for sending payments. All payments are collect on a paypal from a different country. But this paypal for collecting is not linked in any way to the ebay account. When I list just put the paypal address in that field: paypal payment go to....
So if my ebay is suspended they cant link it to the good paypal account.
I never had problems if they dont match.
If you dont have any restriction on your paypal but was linked before to a suspended ebay account, why dont you close the paypal then open it again with a new email address ? I did that and got new paypal! Ready to use it on ebay again.
Or create paypals with vcc only to link them to your ebay when you need it. Collect all you payments on your good paypal witch is not linked in any way to ebay. But take care to not use the immediate payments option.
hope this might help you
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

huuuh just to let you know guys got the expanded number to verify the new paypal with the same cc used for another one ....is verified now...
Old 07-25-2007

muie - I may be wrong but I think the only way to link paypal and ebay accounts for the intent of selling is that you have to receive the paypal at that email address associated with (linked to) the account. If that makes sense? Since I'm planning on using this account to sell rather than buy, we may be coming from different circumstances and different rules may apply. If I'm wrong, please explain what I need to do, as I don't understand how you could link accounts yet receive money to a completely different account?

The problem isn't really about suspended accounts or limited accounts as I've removed any trace of that from my paypal account and the current limitation is going to be lifted soon (I hope). It's more about maintaining an account and preventing myself from being suspended again while attempting to link accounts for international sales.

You mentioned the street name and number don't have to match. What about things like zipcode, city, country? Do they even have to match?
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

if your ebay account is new they will ask you to receive money to the address you registered but after 15-20 feedback you can put any email address associated with any paypal account. not sure how many feedback you need for that but something around 15
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

mine dont match, different address, name, zip......
Old 07-25-2007

Do you have a suggestion how to link the accounts successfully when your feedback score is under 15? Will you be able to still have unmatching information for paypal and ebay, or will you have to use matching information if that's the case? My intent here is to offer buy it now, and to do this with less than 10 feedback, I'll have to link the accounts. The line seems to be drawn at 10 feedback. I'll bet it's after 10 you can start to change the email address. Do you have to make an official change of email address for that, or can you just enter in different email when listing? I'm not sure an official change of email would be a good idea as it might attract some attention.

Another thing I've been wondering about...which address needs to match your credit card (or vcc)? The ebay or the paypal? My intent here is to get one vcc and put it on file with ebay and paypal. Ebay to register only. Paypal to use as backup funding and to verify the account. For which one of them is it more important to match the credit card information?
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

paypal is not open for anybody! Im from a country where paypal offer only payments. I have paypal account but is useless if I cant use it to collect payments. So my options are limited. I can accept payments with a merchant account or ask a friend from US (just an example) to collect all my payments. There are many others on ebay doing same thing. Will give you just few examples of countries that can only send money with paypal : latvia, slovenia, romania, indonesia, malta, mauritius.....many more.
If you will check on ebay you will see many people from this countries accept paypal as a method of payment. How they do it? They accept payments on others paypal accounts, not theirs.
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Jack my ebay and paypal are not US. Dont know if will work for you. But think for a moment! There are many people who sell on ebay without having their own paypal account and yet they receive paypal payments. I was in the same case before paypal added my country to their list. So I asked a friend to accept my paypal payments. Never had any problem with ebay and my friend never had any problem with his paypal account. When got naru'd for first time that was because ebay suspended me for a day (dont know for sure why, they said 'abusing ebay',to many listings maybe, and I was so furious and tried to list all my items on another account registered with same credit card so they link it and they suspend me forever hahah..didnt know that time how things going with ebay). They didnt suspend me because I registered in one country and the paypal payments go to another country, or because is a different paypal with different address, different name than my name registered with ebay. Was doing well for 10 months.

Here is what I do now, after they suspend me:

- create ebay account with bogus name and address. ebay dont ask for cc when I create account. They ask me to put a debit/credit card on file only when I create seller account.
- create seller account with vcc from entropay.uk. Entropay lets you create as many cards as you want. You choose what name appear on card and this vcc work with any address. In this case create a vcc with same name registered the ebay account.
- in order to sell must link paypal to ebay (in my case), no matter what site choose to sell..ebay.com, ebay.uk...whatever..So I link ebay with one of my paypals. Name, address, zip are different. The paypal is registered on name A with address B, the ebay is registered with name C and address D. So I link them even the name and address dont match. Cant accept payments on my paypal, when buyer try to pay me and he see my paypal cant accept payment will contact me and I give him the good email address where to send the payment. This is the case when I dont have enough feedback to accept paypal on any email.
- when I start selling and my feedback is 0, ebay dont let me accept paypal payments unless they are sent to the email address registered with ebay. As you said, probably after 10 feedback you can accept payments on any other email.
- so now lets say you have the 10 feedback and you can change the email address for receiving payments. List your item and change the email where it says 'paypal payment go to: your new email'. No need to change anything in your ebay settings. You will still receive the ebay messages and all that things they send you to the email you registered. But your payments will go to another email you choose.

Now another one.....
Lets say you have less than 10 feedback and must accept paypal to the email registered with ebay. Ok than, no problem. what to do? Dont add this email address to any paypal. So when buyers want to send you payment through paypal you will receive a message to your email that you've got cash and paypal invite you to sign up with them to receive the payment. What to do after? Contact your buyer and tell him 'oooops I put the wrong email in my listing. Could you please cancel the payment and send it to me to this email your.name@blabla.com?' If the buyers refuse is still ok because their payment will return after 2 or 3 weeks, dont remember how long for sure.
This is what I do when I list 1p auctions just to gain more feedback and dont want to have the paypal full with 1p payments. im doing it just for feedback so I dont need to be paid, especially when paypal put red flag on accounts with many 1p payments received. Dont restrict any buyer, leave it open for any country, for any buyer, without paypal account, without credit card on file, and if you list as private listing will have plenty bidders/buyers.
You will have 10 feedback fast without any trouble.

All this things here might not work for some of you but this is the way I deal with ebay and so far is working.
Any ideas please share...
Old 07-25-2007

Interesting thoughts to be sure muie! Ok let's see if I can get a handle on this and interject some questions along the way...

Let's start with an example. Say I want to register for an account in the UK for instance. my first question--on the entropay, do they give unlimited cards after you sign up and make a payment, or is the fee "per" card? I believe it was something like 9.95 gbp right?

Were there any special requirements that you had to meet to register for the entropay card? Can you think of any particular reasons why you might want to get an entropay card if the bulk of your business might be in that country (regardless of whether you live there) instead of a card where you live? Do you think it would be easy to register an account for the UK yet the payment would be going to let's say Canada? Or would it be easier to do an account registered in Canada but the payment was going to the U.S.? Basically, how far away from the source do you think you could get away with? Let's put aside for a moment the concept that ebay trust and safety might think it strange and might act on it. Did you ever find yourself in a position where you had to receive payments whole continents away from where you were located, not just a country, and there were no problems?

And then there's the vcc card having a different name on it than a paypal account that is linked to your ebay. Do you just not add this card to your paypal? I was thinking of doing this just to verify the account but with the name being only what is on ebay and not what's on file with paypal, that probably won't work. If you have a solution to this, I'd love to hear it.

Moving on.

There's another solution to sending your buyer an email to change payment locations. When you've received the payment, just add that email address to the account you want to receive the payment, and bingo. Of course for it to work again, you'd have to remove the email each time until you've reached 10 feedback, or whatever it is.

As for your "no restriction policy" I'm not sure I follow. Leaving it open for anyone=worldwide, check. But how would you know if they do or don't have a credit card on file? Are you just saying "don't have any restrictions" or is there a setting in ebay you need to change?

I've never had good luck with private listings on low feedback accounts. How do you list them for success and so people won't think it's just a joke or fraud? Or are you talking mainly about buy it now penny auctions, not just starting the bidding at a penny?

Those are my main thoughts/questions that spring to mind from your last post. If you need me to further elaborate on any of my questions, please let me know. Thanks

Jack
Old 07-25-2007
Threadstarter  

Ok jack lets see..
I use entropay because they let me create as many virtual cards I want and minimum ammount you can load on card is 2GBP.You can change the currency.To register with them you need to put your debit/credit card on file to verify your identity.They charge your real card with 20GBP divided in two ammounts than you put this 2 amounts on entropay site to get verified. Just like paypal with expanded number.They also ask you for id and credit card statement to prove you are the owner. When you're done with that, entropay will put this 20 pound into your entropay account to spent it. They charge a fee when you load your card with money from your entropay account. Vcc from entropay can be reloaded anytime. You can deposit more funds to entropay account from your personal debit/credit card. There is no fee per card. you pay fee for the amount you credit your entropay account. Works like a charm...anybody can register with entropay.
I looked for other vcc available for Europe but entropay is the only one good for me. Wish i had more options like you in US with Simon cards and many others...
And I use entropay because they let me put any name on card so I can create seller account on ebay. Tried to added to paypal but is not working. So the card registered with ebay is just for ebay!
now the paypal and ebay...
All my ebay accounts are registered in Europe. All my paypal payments go to UK or Germany.
-----
Yes I know you can just add the email to your paypal but I told you, was doing this only for 1p auctions,wasnt worth it for me. Of course you can add it to your paypal if there is a big payment.
----------
when you list your items you can block certain buyers, there is a setting in your ebay when you list. Just leave as it it is, dont block any buyers.
-------
Im talking about cheap auctions, when you list something just to get feedback. you cant list with buy it now with 0 feedback.
If you start buying 1p auctions will have ebay after you. lol so better list something cheap with free shipping....stamps, pics,your memories....
Private listings are good when you sell or buy 1p...dont want anybody see on your feedback page your cheap transactions. Make some feedback and you'r ok after that, you can list your 'expensive' items...
Old 07-26-2007

Muie,

You give Entropay your real information right? And then they supply you with VCC's that you can adapt to any name or address you like? Do they convert currency when charging you l? And is there a fee for the conversion like Paypal?

What do you think would happen if you were to add the same VCC (not Entropay) to both Paypal and Ebay accounts? Would the information then have to match? As you said, it would have to match Ebay for sure. But would your Paypal information have to match it too? There is the problem I'm having with it. Please reply.

As for the private listings, what I meant was starting a listing really low (penny, .99, 1.00) and finding that people don't bid because they think it's a fraud or a joke. The idea is to be taken seriously, so how do you pull that off?

Another thought - I doubt that there are that many out there, but in theory if you were to buy a private listing buy it now penny auction, would ebay know? That would be a great way to build feedback fast, but again I doubt they're that common.

Ok, so you haven't had to send payments to different continents before. I'm curious if that would work, but it's nice to know you can do it at least on the same continent.
Old 07-26-2007

Also, from way back in your first post you mentioned that you had found a way for when ebay tries to take money from paypal, they get nothing because it's funded with a vcc. Do you mean a different vcc than the one you used to register ebay? You said that you can't use the entropay for your paypal. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but it looks like you're contradicting yourself. Please explain. Thanks

Quote:
If you will check on ebay you will see many people from this countries accept paypal as a method of payment. How they do it? They accept payments on others paypal accounts, not theirs.
Is this why you often find (for example) sellers registered in the US but they're selling from Hong Kong. So they can receive the payment? I've often wondered about this.
Old 07-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Hey Modee, just catching up...been watching this forum for a while and here I am....trying to tell everything at once...
Jack please read my posts again and you will find answers... ...will get back to you..
Old 07-27-2007

muie, I'm glad you did. You're helping with some questions that have remained unanswered for far too long. I reread the posts but didn't find the answers. I'll wait for your reply. Thanks