Just a warning to anyone on this forum - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Just a warning to anyone on this forum

so, yesterday i got the pleasure of talking to 2 cops.
i sold in game gold on world of warcraft before, but now i get this visit cause apparently my IP address was linked to a few emails about someone selling a (mask) via craigslist. and they said they think i have more or less scammed the guy out of 300 bucks.
they said the emails come back to my IP address, and that paypal has this HUGE fraud team and they limited my accounts and such cause they thought i was committing fraud. when all i have ever sold is in game gold
i was told before to send a letter so i had a tracking number *so nobody could take my money back on paypal* and now i get this
they asked if i had any friends over that could have done this to me, well yeah i have friends over but im not going to just go though a list of names and get ALL of my friends mad at me, now i dont know if i could go to jail over this, i mean all the proof they got over anything is emails that are linked to my IP address, ok so now what? they told me to just sit tight and not to worry, but when you got two police men who have there GUNS at there side, and there telling you that i was being investigated what ELSE am i going to think about besides being worried?
so now i got to think, did one of my (friends) do this to me? was it my ex girlfriend who is VERY mad at me? for what its worth i keep getting a TON of emails and phone calls from people on craigslist saying they want to buy water fountains and watches and stuff i have posted, and im not posting ANYTHING!
ontop of all that i didnt know i could be hacked cause i got wireless internet months ago, my IP company never even informed me i could be broke into via wireless internet, i called them to talk to them about it today and they told me (oh your password was just your default phone number and such)!
so i dont know if i should call a lawyer today or what, the cop told me he would tell me when i needed to find a lawyer, (they was very nice to me however) but i mean this pisses me OFF
have any of you guys ever had something like this happen to you before? can i be put in jail over emails i didnt even write?? im SO LOST!
i give up tho, im never EVER EVER EVER selling anything else online again
this is WAY over my head... sorry about the huge wall of text but im just SO stressed out right now
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Are you sure they are cops? Did they have ID? You have the option to not talk
to them without counsel I would think. May depend on State law,however.

Surely you must realize that no computer is safe regardless of what the ISP is?
Your system can be hacked into regardless of being on wireless,cable,broadband
or dial-up.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-30-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2008
Threadstarter  

oh yes, they was cops i assure you lol.. had real REAL guns at there side, had badges with there names on them, the one even gave me his card, he is a detective (its weird, in one way i thought it was SO cool cause i have always had this dream of being a detective... i know that sounds silly but its just a dream you know?) but anyway he was very nice and stuff but i simply told him i never sold ANY mask to ANYONE and i called him yesterday, i even told him look im willing to give the guy his 300 bucks back if that will stop all of this, but all i got was an answering machine
and yes believe me i know that IP addresses are not 100% safe, nor is your computer or anything else, which is why i cant believe that anyone could even be arrested over such a thing
altho i notice i haven't been arrested for anything... yet... but i will keep you guys updated on what is going on
they told me about how paypal has this huge fraud department and blah blah and i said is paypal doing this to me? did they call you guys on me? they said no, then i call paypal and ask them what this is all about and they said they had no clue and they never EVER heard of the cops being called on ANYONE about ANYTHING having to do with them
so i dont know, this is all just heart warming to me i mean, my stress level must have peeked sometime yesterday, so now im just like hulking out ready to call this guy and let into him (the one who is trying to frame me)
Old 10-31-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I hope you put a lock down on your wireless router. Don't leave it open to anyone... or I guarantee you people will find out and abuse it.

And you sold WoW Gold huh? I used to do that... I started a website selling millions in gold and other MMORPG currency years ago. Those were fun times!
Old 10-31-2008
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by godihatepaypal View Post
i even told him look im willing to give the guy his 300 bucks back if that will stop all of this, but all i got was an answering machine
and yes believe me i know that ip
guilty....
Old 10-31-2008

Longevity: 89%

Dude just send the guy his mask for crying out loud.
Old 11-01-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

if your innocent then what are you worried about? you told the cop you would give the guy $300 back makes you sounds guility to me, let alone a cop, the cop will think your scared and your goose it cooked, sounds like you scammed him and now want advise on how to go about saying you where hacked and someone else did it
Old 11-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
And you sold WoW Gold huh? I used to do that... I started a website selling millions in gold and other MMORPG currency years ago. Those were fun times!
World of Warcraft Guides, Cheats, Tips, Bots and Hacks | Free WoW Guides :D
Old 11-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Nope, but that is one of my sites thank you very much.

The business is basically dead now, I sold it a long time ago.