I built this free eBay & Amazon arbitrage deal finder. What are your thoughts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Lightbulb I built this free eBay & Amazon arbitrage deal finder. What are your thoughts?

Its a really simple tool. It finds the best opportunities to buy low on one site and sell high on the other.

I've been using the tool almost daily for the past few months to buy and sell high demand items on eBay with very profitable results.

Right now the more advanced US version of the site has both eBay and Amazon retail arbitrage deals. The other locales (more coming soon) are currently showing Amazon to eBay opportunities only at the moment.

I would really appreciate it if you would check it out and give me your honest feedback.
Feature suggestions, bug reports, really absolutely anything that you can offer is most welcome.
My main motive is to build the ultimate retail arbitrage tool and for that to happen I need users to play with it and offer their ideas to help shape the development of the tool.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bmatthews For This Useful Post:
applepbc (04-26-2016), Cracker100 (01-25-2015), GhostMoney (01-28-2015), jeffweico (03-10-2016), jgeorge313 (11-24-2016), joanna4051 (02-04-2016), Klemantina (01-25-2015), newjerseymax (03-09-2016), rsot (01-25-2015), Salvo (01-28-2015), TGMT² (01-25-2015), TonyAlmeida (06-25-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2015
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: I built this free eBay & Amazon arbitrage deal finder. What are your thoughts?

Seems like a lot of eBay sellers dropshipping from Amazon are going to like this.

I checked out some of the pricing and it seems legit.

(Thread is Approved)
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
bmatthews (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: I built this free eBay & Amazon arbitrage deal finder. What are your thoughts?

Looks awesome, does it search or do you and add them?
Old 01-24-2015

Longevity: 54%

Look great! But how do you determine the Amazon sales?

Yeah drop shipping people fighting for those items now
Old 01-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Looks awesome, does it search or do you and add them?
No, it currently doesn't allow you to search for deals. You are presented with the best arbitrage deals we can find. The deals are updated hourly however.

A search feature is something that will in all likely-hood be added in the future, once I can figure out how best to implement it.

Also I'd love you guys to suggest what countries you would like added next. Currently in the pipeline are Canada, Italy, France and India.
Old 01-24-2015

Prices on exact match look good but if you dig a hair deeper it misses but definitely cool especially if it is api searching that's cool
Old 01-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosky View Post
Look great! But how do you determine the Amazon sales?

Yeah drop shipping people fighting for those items now
Great point. There is no way to determine Amazon sales as that data is not provided publicly. So instead we use the metrics we get from analysing recently sold eBay listings to estimate the sales totals.

I know it's really not ideal but the principle of the sales totals is to give you a roughly estimated numerical figure to represent just how in-demand the item is relative to it's average selling price. And for that reason I think using the data that eBay makes public to developers holds true enough to that principle.

If Amazon ever decides to provide this data to the public, I would be sure to incorporate it in the website.
Old 01-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatthews View Post
No, it currently doesn't allow you to search for deals. You are presented with the best arbitrage deals we can find. The deals are updated hourly however.

A search feature is something that will in all likely-hood be added in the future, once I can figure out how best to implement it.

Also I'd love you guys to suggest what countries you would like added next. Currently in the pipeline are Canada, Italy, France and India.
How does it get the data via api or you actually do the searches? What is it searching?
Old 01-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Very cool, good luck!
Old 01-25-2015

Longevity: 56%

That's awesome but i wonder how long it will take before too much sellers abuse it, if it works, you should make people pay for it and don't post the same products to everyone, try to split to couple of categories like best for the best paying people, medium,small etc..
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
That's awesome but i wonder how long it will take before too much sellers abuse it, if it works, you should make people pay for it and don't post the same products to everyone, try to split to couple of categories like best for the best paying people, medium,small etc..
Fair point. But you'd be surprised how few people actually take serious action when presented with a really good opportunity to make money.

But you could be right in future, so if at any point the site becomes overloaded and the opportunities get watered down for everyone, then I will allow the users to decide how best to proceed. If the core users voice a collective opinion on making the tool private, or splitting better deals for the more committed users, then I will have no choice but to listen to that.
Old 01-26-2015

You show the lowest amazon price yet the average ebay price?

Surely there is a distortion if you are using this tool to buy on amazon to sell on ebay?
Old 01-26-2015

Also the pricing doesn't seem to quiet add up, it looks like you are adding P+P value to the ebay average sale price on the items that are cheaper on amazon. Can you clarify this please?
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
bmatthews (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
You show the lowest amazon price yet the average ebay price?

Surely there is a distortion if you are using this tool to buy on amazon to sell on ebay?
Not sure I am following. I also show the lowest eBay price for items cheaper on Amazon. Click the "show more" button to see.

Distortion? In what way? If you see an item selling for less on Amazon than it sells for on average on eBay, you've found an opportunity. If it sells for significantly less than the lowest selling price you've found an even bigger opportunity. Such is also the case vice versa.

Please explain further, I am keen to understand your point.

Quote:
Also the pricing doesn't seem to quiet add up, it looks like you are adding P+P value to the ebay average sale price on the items that are cheaper on amazon. Can you clarify this please?
Yes, that seems to be the case. Those are the prices returned by eBay (incl P+P). I will look at changing this to reflect prices without P+P.
But for the most part it would not affect the avg. price too significantly as many sellers on eBay include their shipping cost in their item price and then present a "Free Shipping" tag as a sales tactic.
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Not sure I am following. I also show the lowest eBay price for items cheaper on Amazon. Click the "show more" button to see.
Where is there a 'show more' button please? I can not see it?

Quote:
Yes, that seems to be the case. Those are the prices returned by eBay (incl P+P). I will look at changing this to reflect prices without P+P.
But for the most part it would not affect the avg. price too significantly as many sellers on eBay include their shipping cost in their item price and then present a "Free Shipping" tag as a sales tactic.
Well one example is 'Despicable Me - 6 Mini-Movies Collection DVD' You show average ebay sales price as £10.00, yet the highest price sale I see is £7.50. Most of the sellers are charging postage with the main one from australia charging between £3.70-£5.20 p+p......this distorts the aver age selling price which would be likely around £5.80, not £10.
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 76%

Nice contribution, will take a look at this for sure.
Old 01-26-2015

I have just found the 'show more' but only on the American site, not on the UK or german but will check it out more when it gets a bit more complete.

Last edited by realdeals; 01-26-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have just found the 'show more' but only on the American site, not on the UK or german but will check it out more when it gets a bit more complete.
The UK and German versions will be updated tomorrow. Also the canadian version is going live tomorrow as well.

SMALL UPDATE

Profit Estimator tool has now been added. It should appear next to the "show more" button.

As always if you have any ideas to improve the site or issues to report, just leave them here.
Old 01-27-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Really nice , nice Add with the Profit estimator. This tool may be better off to keep just for yourself.

It will give you a nice advantage in finding items to flip quick.

The only thing is whether there is a subscription or free, it will be flooded and than will devalue itself if 100s of people are all selling the same item

Your probably better off using it as your own and you may make a lot more money using it to drop ship than you would If you were to sell I can see this getting killed by too many users

Not sure if your intention is to make money from it or not but its a great selling tool but its value is in direct correlation to the amount of sellers using it
Old 01-27-2015

Does it do the work or does he?
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 80%

does it calculate fees in profit estimates? amazon charges anywhere from 10-20% so profit on some of these are slim slim slim
Old 01-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
does it calculate fees in profit estimates? amazon charges anywhere from 10-20% so profit on some of these are slim slim slim
Yes, it uses Amazon's highest fee rate in it's profit calculator function. Mouse over an item to see it.