Do you switch to a seller account to sell first items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Do you switch to a seller account to sell first items?

Do you switch to a seller account before you start selling items? or when do you do this|?

I have several stealth accounts a month old and i'm nearly ready to sell my first item
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Do you switch to a seller account to sell first items?

You can make your account a sellers account at any time you want.....there's no specific time.
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

In terms of a new stealth account and appearing as a new user you wouldnt switch to a seller account right away?
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

sean'

Some users here start to sell at once.

Others wait for a period before selling.

What I make sure of is the following:

I have the paypal is ready to go, and I have a return address I can access.

I then surf, play & bid on items. Then make the conversion...

Does this sound like something you could do?

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

yea iv been browsing bidding for a couple of weeks gonna keep it going another week before i try to list something
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
sean'

I always browse and bid for few items, even buy a few and add to a basket a few.Got couple buyers feedbacks.
Wait for 31 day , then make a seller account.
Not sure why all the time i get

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:

***LINK HERE*** I REMOVED IT.

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept

All accounts are on fresh WIN, different recorded Ip's, different phone number ( phone divert but not free service) VPN as i am not in UK (but i am ussing same VPN provider for accounts i have bought from the sellers there and it works perfectly for few years and many accounts still running)
VCC cant be an issue and using Entropay or a cards bought from there - never had an issue.
Issues start then i list an item
Always list just 1 used low value and risk item, no vero :
like used clothing

Tryed on UK and CAN aco****s .Always 48 hours i am given to contact.
Old 01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannedweekend View Post
I always browse and bid for few items, even buy a few and add to a basket a few.Got couple buyers feedbacks.
Wait for 31 day , then make a seller account.
Not sure why all the time i get

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:

***LINK HERE*** I REMOVED IT.

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept

All accounts are on fresh WIN, different recorded Ip's, different phone number ( phone divert but not free service) VPN as i am not in UK (but i am ussing same VPN provider for accounts i have bought from the sellers there and it works perfectly for few years and many accounts still running)
VCC cant be an issue and using Entropay or a cards bought from there - never had an issue.
Issues start then i list an item
Always list just 1 used low value and risk item, no vero :
like used clothing

Tryed on UK and CAN aco****s .Always 48 hours i am given to contact.

The link here coukd that sentence, 'always list just 1 used low value item and low risk item that is not Vero, like used clothing', there is a risk that if you always start your accounts off with items that are too similar eBay can maybe pick up on the likelihood that you are one and the same person across several accounts at least, maybe more accounts linked this way as well, it is fine to start listing used clothing, just not on every account! This is the impression I am getting from the words you have used.

Ok, we know that lots of new ebay sellers will start listing with used clothing, BUT, if that's used clothing is too similar and too like the clothing you have started other accounts off with, if I can pick up on this, don't to think that eBay can as well?

Start one or two new accounts off with some low value items you may have bought from dollar stores, I believe you have a great many of those over in the US, we even have more than enough of our UK equivalent of them! Just keep things different, maybe one store coukd start off with low value stationery items, people always need those and if you get your prices right you could over time do well with that store.
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpbh View Post
yea iv been browsing bidding for a couple of weeks gonna keep it going another week before i try to list something
Good approach - and make a few more accounts while you wait
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
The link here coukd that sentence, 'always list just 1 used low value item and low risk item that is not Vero, like used clothing', there is a risk that if you always start your accounts off with items that are too similar eBay can maybe pick up on the likelihood that you are one and the same person across several accounts at least, maybe more accounts linked this way as well, it is fine to start listing used clothing, just not on every account! This is the impression I am getting from the words you have used.

Ok, we know that lots of new ebay sellers will start listing with used clothing, BUT, if that's used clothing is too similar and too like the clothing you have started other accounts off with, if I can pick up on this, don't to think that eBay can as well?

Start one or two new accounts off with some low value items you may have bought from dollar stores, I believe you have a great many of those over in the US, we even have more than enough of our UK equivalent of them! Just keep things different, maybe one store coukd start off with low value stationery items, people always need those and if you get your prices right you could over time do well with that store.
I do believe you have very right words and now i believe my mistake could be - photos from the net, not my own.
As for some one selling personal used 1st item probably own photo would look way better.
I will make my own, clear all metadata and will try different categories.
Thanks for your advice it wakes up my brain
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
sean'

That is what I do except I still like to wait a week or so after I surf, watch, and bid before I start selling.