By January 2009 all payments will be integrated through EBAY Checkout - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 08-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Exclamation By January 2009 all payments will be integrated through EBAY Checkout

eBay will be spying on everyone's authorize.net accounts come January 2009

This forum missed the most dreadful part of this:
Fees August 2008 Other Updates

Quote:
In January 2009, all accepted payment methods will be integrated into eBay Checkout.
I've asked Auctiva about this a couple times and they all say they believe eBay is getting rid of third party checkout.

This means if you have a merchant account, you will need to get dozens of authorize.net accounts and then explain why. The only reasons I can think of are:
1) You want to have different AVS requirements at different times and you can't switch this easily without different accounts.
2) Based on authorize.net's fraud screening service that it can limit the repeat IP addresses when someone hammers up 20 declines for some reason you can drop them down to 1 try then it won't try and won't charge you fees for the decline. But if you for instance have different websites or whatever and a customer comes to both and pays at once, it is annoying to explain why they were declined.

But the worst thing is...!!! How do explain to your merchant account provider if you get suspended a lot that you want to constantly change authorize.net login IDs... unless somehow authorize.net will let you do that whenever you want

Last edited by Jonas; 08-22-2008 at 11:17 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2008

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 91%

Does this mean that Fleebay will have access to Merchant Account details?

Accepted Payments Policy Changes: A more detailed explanation with video.
Old 08-22-2008

Thanks for the answer Modee.
I'm seriously considering the one-on-one support. I'll be setting up a new account next month (have to wait for funds) and I want to get the most out of it. Are there levels of service, or one set price?
Old 08-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Authorize.net is a terminal, not a merchant account. A terminal is also a physical card swipe system. Authorize.net is the internet version.

As for cartmanager, can it be integrated into Auctiva? As far as I can tell, no. Then it likely won't be integratable into eBay's new system. If eBay will let any website be a checkout buffer, then about anyone could make lots of much more inexpensive websites and do it. For instance, get a cheap managed VPS host and then buy cheap .info domains that are usually about $5 each and that's a buffer, too.
Old 08-24-2008
Threadstarter  

That will depend on how eBay's built-in checkout system will work. If eBay will only point it to main internet terminals and sites like propay, or instead to more sites than this.

Also after eBay announced propay, well this happened:
ProPay: eBay Announcement
That is something for a site that when you go to its web address without the www. ( http://propay.com ) that it gives a low-level error message.
Old 08-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: I signed up for a propay acct, and it gets handled through wells fargo bank
Old 08-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

hmm odd Authorize.net is owned by the former bidpay.

No wonder ebay will be able to see Authorize.net cause bidpay and ebay had a thing going in the past and was under approved payment methods
Old 08-25-2008

Longevity: 94%

I am confused. If Ebay is going to require that all payments be electronic and done through their site using an approved merchant account or paypal, starting in October, does using Cartmanager get around that. If so I am really interested. I already have a merchant account and use authorize.net.
Old 08-28-2008
Threadstarter  

eBay explained it more at: Fees August 2008 Other Updates FAQs

Quote:
Google's and Amazon's products and services compete with eBay on a number of levels, so we are not going to allow them on eBay.
Finally, they admit it.

Quote:
How will direct credit card payments to my Internet merchant account work and what do I need to do to use this option?
In checkout, buyers' credit card information will be sent securely to the seller's merchant credit card processor via the Payflow Payment Gateway. To take advantage of this option, sellers will need to have several things in place:
An existing Internet merchant account with their bank or credit card processing company.
Your processor account information from your Internet merchant service provider.
An account with Payflow Payment Gateway. This is a FREE service for eBay sellers, and can be established through a link displayed in your seller preferences page in My eBay starting late this year.
Looks like eBay is bypassing authorize.net to force sellers with merchant accounts to use an eBay gateway. This gateway appears that not only will it spy on seller's information, but it will be less secure than authorize.net. Authorize.net has a ton of security features in its fraud detection system and even without it, it shows the customer IP so if someone has an IP on the other side of the world from where they order then you know something is up. Here's proof: PayPal Payflow payment gateway vulnerable to XSS | News | XSSed.com

This gateway is part of paypal, too: "Payflow Payment Gateway" - Google Search
Old 08-31-2008
Threadstarter  

Actually propay will work as stated on their site, they're eBay partners. The only question for them is whether they'll give your personal information to eBay.
Old 09-03-2008

Thanks for taking the initiative on this Modee.
Old 09-07-2008
Threadstarter  

The below is eBay claiming they don't know how it will be in January 2009. In other words, eBay high level execs are keeping it secret then will spring it on everyone.

The log is me in livechat:

Quote:
SystemSystem
Initial Question/Comment: Completing a Transaction
5:00:50 PM SystemSystem
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help!
5:00:50 PM SystemSystem
You are successfully connected to eBay Live Help. Please hold for the next available Live Help Agent.
5:01:11 PM SystemSystem
Roberto C. has joined this session!
5:01:11 PM SystemSystem
Connected with Roberto C.
5:01:16 PM Agent Roberto C.
Hello, thanks for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Help! My name is Roberto. How may I help you?
5:01:30 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
eBay said that in January 2009, all checkout will be through eBay. How will that work for merchant accounts? Will I still be able to use authorize.net as my gateway? Will third party checkouts like auctiva checkout and cartmanager still work?
5:02:01 PM Agent Roberto C.
Oh okay. I'll be more than happy to help you with that.
5:02:01 PM Agent Roberto C.
Please give me a moment to check on this for you okay, I'll be with you shortly.
5:03:38 PM Agent Roberto C.
I'll have my next level of support here to check on this for you. I'll be back in a moment. Thank you.
5:08:36 PM Agent Roberto C.
I'm currently speaking to our next level of support here to check if we can still use the third party checkouts, please stay connected. Thank you.
5:09:24 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
ok
5:13:44 PM Agent Roberto C.
I apologize for the wait, we are currently experiencing technical slowness here and it will take a while for us to pull up all our resources here. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
5:20:50 PM Agent Roberto C.
Thank you so much for patiently waiting. We're having technical issues here. By the way as we have checked on this, It doesn't appear that we have any information about this yet. However, if we did do something like remove the ability for third party checkouts, we should give the members plenty of time to work around this, find alternatives or become compliant with these changes.
5:21:06 PM Agent Roberto C.
I would strongly recommend that you stay updated by checking the announcements boards starting a few months before they think these changes will begin.
5:21:42 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
Are you still trying to find more information for me?
5:23:28 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
??
5:23:42 PM Agent Roberto C.
Yes, as of now, we do not have any information with regards to this yet, but we'll make sure that we will going to post this information on the Announcement Boards for you guys to be updated and properly informed if we can still use other third party checkouts like auctiva and cartmanager.
5:24:29 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
Do you know if eBay simply has not themselves decided yet?
5:25:42 PM Agent Roberto C.
Yes, that is why we do not have any postings on the Announcement boards yet, We'll let you know okay, and keep you updated about this.
5:25:50 PM Customer laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou
thank you
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 96%

first of all ilmao @ laptopsdirectfromnigeriatoyou second of all live chat is a waste of time. Even if they did know anything they arent going to spill it on a live chat if ebay hasnt released any statements about it.
Old 09-24-2008

if I get a merchant account, as the one recommended in the Stealth Book.
is it ok to open the merchant account it in your real name? or will this be seen.

I also notice that ebay is going to stop accepting checks/money orders as payment. crazy control freeks!
Old 11-02-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Answer for cartmanager:

Hi _______,

We are awaiting a reply from eBay regarding what this statement means for us and all of the other "certified eBay integrated providers." They never sent us any prior notice regarding this statement, and we have had to submit the query through their developers support admin.

Please check back with me on Thursday regarding an update on their response.

Thanks,

_______
CartManager

If we use Cartmanager. Do you have to put the Cartmanager Paypal email in the item listing?
Old 11-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ridiculous

Last edited by Burst; 11-03-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-04-2008

Right now I just input a non paypal email where to send payments to and include a message in my auctions that I don't take paypal. I wonder if the new integrated checkout will affect this.
Old 11-09-2008

Longevity: 90%

Has anyone found out if ebay can find info from propay?
Old 11-15-2008

god all I have to say is WOW.
Old 11-15-2008

I talked to a my ebay rep about this and he said no way it will be January...... he said more like mid year..... just a little FYI
Old 11-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

So this means no more being able to accept Google checkout outside of eBay right?
Old 11-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

Yes, if you say you accept Paypal and have verbage in your listings that says otherwise, your listings will be pulled. I know from experience.

Also, this whole ebay checkout thing, I dont understand what this will change? So buyers checkout using ebay, so what?