paypal limited and bank sides with them - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default paypal limited and bank sides with them

Hi everyone,

Im gonna try to keep this short. I used to be a an ebay powerseller until I had a dispute with a buyer which cause my paypal account to be permanently limited and buyer winning the case. Paypal then stole more then $2000 from my bank account which is FNBO direct. When I reported the unauthorized transaction to to my bank they told me "We cannot dispute the transaction and that the issue is between me and paypal" seriously?? They said the money has been delivered to eBay/Paypal but when I log into my paypal account it shows I still owe them the money. What do I do here? Report the bank to BBB or FDIC? Anybody else had this problem?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: paypal limited and bank sides with them

It sounds like Ebay took it from you, not Paypal. Was this $2000 your Ebay fees? If so, we give Ebay permission to directly take it from us through Paypal. If paypal funds are insufficient then they immediately charge the card/bank account.

I believe this permission is in the T & C we agree to when we sign up for our seller account and link it to our paypal.
Old 01-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Nothing you can do. Ebay and paypal have not done anything wrong.

What you needed to do is remove bank account as a payment option in paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (02-01-2015)
Old 01-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

What did you owe them the $2000 for?

You will have granted eBay/PayPal permission to take the funds from your account so its not really stealing.
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 54%

This sounds like a tough situation but one to learn from.

NEVER, EVER....have a bank account you have linked to ebay/paypal loaded with funds.

Always transfer funds you get from an ebay/pp linked bank account on to another 'safe' bank account the second it clears.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
This sounds like a tough situation but one to learn from.

NEVER, EVER....have a bank account you have linked to ebay/paypal loaded with funds.

Always transfer funds you get from an ebay/pp linked bank account on to another 'safe' bank account the second it clears.
VERY wise words for us all realdeals, wherever in the world we are, this is one piece of advice that everyone needs to take on board!
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Cracker100 (02-01-2015)
Old 01-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
What did you owe them the $2000 for?

You will have granted eBay/PayPal permission to take the funds from your account so its not really stealing.
I sold a laptop and the buyer wasn't happy so I told him to return it but he ended up sending me an empty box and eBay sided with the buyer. The first time I call the bank they told me PayPal took the money under the transaction "MISC DEDUCTION" and that they did commit fraud. The last time I called them they told me eBay told my bank to put a "Hold harmless request" on my funds which was on 1/05. My PayPal account shows I still owe them the money and the transaction to recover the funds has been pending since 1/05. I got scammed on ebay. Buyer has zero feedback and I was a Powerseller
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 55%

I just had my regular, non stealth, account permanently limited by paypal, but I was given a chance to appeal it.

I have 3000 feedback, 6 neutrals, and 5 negatives on the account currently with 99.8% feedback. Now, I had a surge of complaints in the last few days leading up to a EBAY 30 suspension due to a trademark violation. I called it in and they lifted it stating the automatic system triggered it when they saw a spike in complaints that my items were unauthentic, which was more than what I usually get. The eBay rep looked over the acct and said it looks like I handle all my issues immediately and I'm above average so he released it. I always refund my customers the same day a complaint arises.

two days later paypal limits the account. When i called them, they said it was triggered by the eBay violation and even though it was immediately cleared, they wanted ebay to confirm there is nothing wrong with the acct. so I had an eBay rep conference in paypal, and they appealed my limitation. They said if eBay believes your acct is good, then we just need to hear them say it and then we can release it but it would take 24-48 hrs to get an answer on the appeal.

They called back within 3-4 hours and said that they need invoices from our supplier showing where we purchase our items from, and to upload it through the PayPal resolutions center, where this case information currently stands.

Has anyone appealed this kind of limitation? I have receipts from our vendor but if they call them in, the vendor will never remember us, or might even deny us purchasing anything, especially when someone from the risk or fraud department of PayPal calls them. They are a legitimate wholesaler/reseller of the items we sell, but I'm afraid they will dig deeper and it won't help anyway

I started up stealth accts a month ago but with high risk items, Im hitting category limits of 20 items on each acct and it says that we need to have 3 mos of good sales before that's lifted. So now I am kind of screwed if I lose this acct for good, since I'll have 2 months without any normal sales volume. I need to somehow get the old acct back up, use it as it was before, and then when my stealth accts break their category limits, I can put the veteran acct to rest for a bit.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfizh View Post
I sold a laptop and the buyer wasn't happy so I told him to return it but he ended up sending me an empty box and eBay sided with the buyer. The first time I call the bank they told me PayPal took the money under the transaction "MISC DEDUCTION" and that they did commit fraud. The last time I called them they told me eBay told my bank to put a "Hold harmless request" on my funds which was on 1/05. My PayPal account shows I still owe them the money and the transaction to recover the funds has been pending since 1/05. I got scammed on ebay. Buyer has zero feedback and I was a Powerseller
You will get ripped off everyday in all businesses if you have volume. It is a small cost of doing business.
Electronics of any kind seem to be highest risk.
Old 02-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
File a police report and then show it to ebay?
Old 02-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
File a police report and then show it to ebay?
If you call ebay, they have a NEW system that does not require a police report but that may only be for Top Customer Care sellers.

Essentially while on the phone they make you submit a fraud report directly to the Federal Fraud Bureau. Once ebay can confirm that full report they will reverse funds and ban the member.
Old 02-02-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Im gonna try to keep this short. I used to be a an ebay powerseller until I had a dispute with a buyer which cause my paypal account to be permanently limited and buyer winning the case. Paypal then stole more then $2000 from my bank account which is FNBO direct. When I reported the unauthorized transaction to to my bank they told me "We cannot dispute the transaction and that the issue is between me and paypal" seriously?? They said the money has been delivered to eBay/Paypal but when I log into my paypal account it shows I still owe them the money. What do I do here? Report the bank to BBB or FDIC? Anybody else had this problem?
Its all Paypals doing...they contacted your bank and told them it was fraud and that is why they were able to pull the funds back. Once they do this kind of sleazy move, it will never show back up in your Paypal account and when you call them, they will act like they know nothing about it. Your bank will say they have no idea whats going on and refer you to contact Paypal.
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

edited duplicate

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-02-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what a mess - and the buyer just skips off in to the sunset.....

you can sue paypal or the bank and have them prove it was fraud....actually sueing the bank might be the easier option, or going to the ombudsman equivalent and see if you can get the money back....

the police report could work too, as evidence that you dispute it....

you have nothing to lose now, I would take action if it was my real acc...