Building Inventory & Moving Product - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%
Default Building Inventory & Moving Product

Does anyone find it hard to build a nice inventory of product to sell in a reasonable amount of time? I particularly hate the waiting...waiting for auctions to end, waiting for money to transfer around, waiting for items to come in, waiting for feedback to be left by buyers, waiting for my money to be released from hold.

I am not busy yet to the point where I dont have to wait. Things are moving slow and I hope to have a nice inventory built so that I can always have product coming in and going out simultaneously!

I guess I should be glad that I am even back selling again. It will take some time to get back where I once was. :(

What's everyone elses experience with getting back on your feet with selling on ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Well it seems like if you don't have a decent amount of money to get a big inventory to start with, then it will take a while to get going strong again. People that have a decent bank account or credit line, it is much easier for them. I started slow and finally am getting up to the quantity I need to be at. I completely understand where you are coming from!
Old 10-07-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Re-building your business

I have a Study full of inventory that I really cannot list any time soon because I might link my new accounts with my old suspended one. I am struggling with coming up with items that I can buy wholesale and sell on eBay for at profit of some kind. I want to stay away from HOT items and just build up some feedback and a little profit while flying under the radar. It is going to take time but I have spent a lot of time learning how to work this system. Now, instead of only 1 eBay/PAYPAL account, I have 5. So if one gets suspended - I still have others up and going. I am also going to spread out my listings among at least 3 accounts at the same time. Like I have said in another thread - the hardest part of doing this is resetting the IP each time I log into a different account and simply keeping all the passwords, id's, email's, bank accounts, etc. organized so that I can move around the accounts easily. I have set up separate User Accounts and I have a separate Steno Book devoted to each eBay/PAYPAL account. It has all the set up information in it as well as the IP's when I log into them. It is a lot of work but well worth the peace of mind. I will know more as time goes on.
Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^
I use Excel to keep track of my account data. It makes it pretty easy.
Also I use AOL Dial up to access ANY eBay/Paypal account.
This way I have NO problems with the IP issues.
Old 10-08-2008

Default AOL Dialup

Do you ever have a problem with AOL Dialup being slow? I went with AT&T DSL because while it isn't as fast as my Road Runner - it is still pretty fast. I do not get a new IP every time I log on though. I have to unplug it for a minute or two. This does get a bit annoying when I am going from account to account. No one said this was easy though...........
Old 10-08-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
Do you ever have a problem with AOL Dialup being slow? I went with AT&T DSL because while it isn't as fast as my Road Runner - it is still pretty fast. I do not get a new IP every time I log on though. I have to unplug it for a minute or two. This does get a bit annoying when I am going from account to account. No one said this was easy though...........
You don't have to go through all that. Go into you modem interface and adjust the dhcp lease time to 15 seconds under the LAN DHCP Settings. Then just go to the easy login page. Logout wait 15 seconds and log back in and you will have an new ip address.
Old 10-09-2008

Default changing IP's on an AT&T DSL....

Thanks for the info - but it was a little over my head. Could you pretend like you are talking to a 5 year old and spell out the steps I need to take to streamline the process of changing IP's. It sounds like your way is WAY better than unplugging it all the time. I just am not terribly computer savvy.
Old 10-09-2008

Default Changing IP address for DHL -

I just thought that I would add that I have two modems. I have a Road Runner modem with a Time Capsule router/external hard drive that I don't ever use for eBay/PP stuff so it doesn't need to change IP's. I got an AT&T modem that is not wireless to use exclusively for eBay/PP. That is the only modem that I would like to speed up the process for. I am unclear how to "go into the MODEM INTERFACE" and adjust the DHCP lease time under the "LAN DHCP" setting. Also, when you say "go to the EASY LOGIN page - what do you mean. Do you mean to power down the computer, wait 15 seconds and power back up? If not, what are you referring to when you say "go to the EASY LOGIN page?" What am I logging out of and back into? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I have searched for these words on my computer and while I can find LEASE DHCP in Internet settings - it does not allow me to specify the lease time. Does it make a difference that I use a Mac computer?
Old 10-10-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
By using multiple accts- staggering auction ending dates/times- you end up with constant shipping/packing/cash in your acct..
I buy liquidations by the pallet/truck loads..
Good Luck
Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Use excel and things are a ton easier!

Also, use dial-up from a modem or create a modem from your cell if you can. Its well worth it.

Im using dial up and also someone elses open wifi network in my neighborhood to open and use new accounts. Do whatever it takes!
Old 10-13-2008

if you have comcast, you can just take the batteries out, and for only a min. You dont need to wait for hours, just a few minutes. And you don't even have to unplug everything. Just the cable will work

but im afraid of the flash cookies. I have 2 users now, and want to make more. if i change users before i log onto microsoft will i still need to change flash cookies?
Old 11-04-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

finally starting to build some inventory so I always have something in stock and ready to ship. I'm starting to get to the point where I always have new products coming in and going out simultaneously, no waiting around. :P
Old 11-07-2008

Default I am worn down and out!!

After reading the stealth guide and setting up a dozen eBay accounts with matching PAYPAL accounts, I have decided to give up on trying to make any real money on eBay/PAYPAL anymore. I have spent hours and hours dealing with their crap and I am tired of it all. I have decided to set up a Website of my own - maybe more than one, and try to get a Merchant account so that I no longer have to deal with PAYPAL. eBay and PAYPAL are making it impossible for honest Sellers to make a living on their site now. When I started on eBay back in 2003 - it was a pleasure. Now it is a nightmare. The things that they have put me through over the last month is shameful. Their standard line when they pull your items off the auction is that for "security reasons" they cannot tell you why. Then they go on to advise you to re-read their policy on counterfeits. I NEVER, EVER ....EVER SELL COUNTERFEITS!! eBay knows this and the reason that they pulled my listings is beyond me. They clearly do not want small to medium size sellers on their site any more and they are making it impossible to do business. If you can even get past all the eBay crap and actually sell something - then PAYPAL picks up where eBay leaves off and they put you through a bunch of crap just to claim your own funds! I am done. I don't have time to spend dicking with their crap. I am moving on. Wish me luck and if there is anyone out there who would like to work with me to help me set up my own website and Merchant account - I am willing to pay for the help. As much help as Aspkins guide is - in reality, it is not practical for someone who wants to sell a lot. eBay has changed as has PAYPAL. I look forward to their demise. By driving away sellers like me - they are driving away the very people who made them a household name. Good riddance!
Old 11-07-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

or you can just hit the reset button on your router if you have wireless internet, that also changes your ip address
Old 11-07-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay_Victim View Post
if you have comcast, you can just take the batteries out, and for only a min. You dont need to wait for hours, just a few minutes. And you don't even have to unplug everything. Just the cable will work

but im afraid of the flash cookies. I have 2 users now, and want to make more. if i change users before i log onto microsoft will i still need to change flash cookies?
you can manually erase cookies before loggin in to either ebay or paypal
Old 11-09-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Let me ask all my sellers a question. How do determine how much of your profits to invest in more product or pocket. Or do you you 100% of your profit to buy more products.

Last edited by aking; 11-13-2008 at 07:22 PM.