How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account...... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account......

I need to sell an expensive item soon that will bring anywhere from $1,800 to $2,400 on an account that has over 3 months of selling and over 30 transactions.

The account im selling the expensive item on has never had an opened case or negative feedback against it either.

I know it might be a little early to sell an expensive item like that on a middle aged account but I need the money.

Im already past the 21 day hold and I always ship the same exact day as when I receive the payment and I always provide the tracking number on Ebay for my buyer to see right after I have shipped the item to them.

So my question is how will Paypal handle a transaction that large on a middle aged account with no blowbacks and the details and selling practices I have shown?

I will be absolutely sure to wait several days after the buyer receives there item before I start withdrawing the money to make sure they are happy with there purchase. I will also will be sure to withdraw the money gradually from my Paypal account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2015

Longevity: 68%
Default Re: How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account..

I would call them.
Old 02-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I would call them.
I hope your joking?

Why would I call them?

I would think that calling them would get me a lot of prying eyes and attention that I don't want!

I don't ever want to call Ebay or Paypal because it gets them breathing down your neck and watching you like a hawk!
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Break the payment up in two.

I personally don't have any issues with these amounts but many people seem to.
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
I hope your joking?

Why would I call them?

I would think that calling them would get me a lot of prying eyes and attention that I don't want!

I don't ever want to call Ebay or Paypal because it gets them breathing down your neck and watching you like a hawk!
That statement is completely idiotic and very untrue. Do you know how many times over the years I've had to call? Countless. I'll tell you what, get that payment and then come crying back here when you're account is limited and you have no way of providing what they want.
Old 02-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Break the payment up in two.

I personally don't have any issues with these amounts but many people seem to.
I cant break the payment up in receiving two separate payments because its 1 item that will sell for $1,800 to $2,400 all by its self.

I want to also let you know that my account has the 30 item or $3,000 monthly selling limits.

yankee Would Paypal might simply put an additional hold on the funds? I wouldn't care if Paypal did or does anyone else have experience with this type of situation?
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
I cant break the payment up in receiving two separate payments because its 1 item that will sell for $1,800 to $2,400 all by its self.
What's the largest amount your account has received without issues?
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

I will be honest. I far and away max out my accounts. I will sell 15-18K on a newer accounts with selling limitts of 90-9000 or 100-5000 by selling high dollar non risky sporting goods via .99 auctions.

Paypal in december sometimes did have a 7 day hold called "you got funds" or something like that. Another account had a distribution date kinda like amazon does where all money was released a certain day.

If your item is not risky in ebay/paypal eyes and you have been loading tracking and shipping quickly, In my experience, I have not had any issues at all.

With this being said, we have a member here named danshan who says I, along with other members are making this up and claims that he looses 50% of all his paypal accounts.

I always make myself clear. It is risky and if a problem occurs, I am in a situation to handle it. It would not ruin my day if I was limited or had a freeze of funds but it has yet to happen to me.
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ypal-hold.html

This thread talks about the holds.
Old 02-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:

I want to also let you know that my account has the 30 item or $3,000 monthly selling limits.

yankee Would Paypal might simply put an additional hold on the funds? I wouldn't care if Paypal did or does anyone else have experience with this type of situation?
Paypal can put a 21 day hold on the payment if the payments are inconsistent with prior transaction amounts.

Paypal put holds on irregularities with newer accounts, even past the 21 day hold month is over.

If your selling on eBay then your eBay account should sure have to be established and meet seller requirements to bypass a 21 day hold.

Though worst case in your situation is a 21 day hold until receiver is happy.

Actually worst case is buyer reaps you of your item and money through the pp refund system.

If its a high dollar one off - try and deal in direct deposit or cash.
Old 02-03-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

Selling an item for $1800-$2400 on an account that only has limits of $3000 surely explains why you cannot just withdraw it all like just like that! That is such a huge part of your limit just on that one item. Completely understandable hold in the circumstances, seems to me, maybe you need to sell lower value items and wait for your limits to rise.
Old 02-03-2015

Longevity: 53%

They may put the 21 day hold on the funds....big deal, nothing youve never experienced. BUT on the other hand, if your account receives $2000 per month in sales anyways, they most likely wont even bat an eye. The problems lie in irregularities. If you sell $30 per month then all of a sudden you push through $2500 in a single transaction, youre probably going to get a hold on the funds.
Old 02-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

With this being said, we have a member here named danshan who says I, along with other members are making this up and claims that he looses 50% of all his paypal accounts.

I always make myself clear. It is risky and if a problem occurs, I am in a situation to handle it. It would not ruin my day if I was limited or had a freeze of funds but it has yet to happen to me.
It seems danshan took off. There was a thread in the subscribers forum about how technically "stealth is not legal". There was some back and forth and he got spooked ans left. Funny, he never believed anything I ( in particular) said, but that he believed.
Old 02-03-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
It seems danshan took off. There was a thread in the subscribers forum about how technically "stealth is not legal". There was some back and forth and he got spooked ans left. Funny, he never believed anything I ( in particular) said, but that he believed.
Maybe Danshan himself WAS a spook! Hence him taking off like that!! And him not believing a thing he was told!!
Old 02-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Maybe Danshan himself WAS a spook! Hence him taking off like that!! And him not believing a thing he was told!!
Some people have a fear of dealing in the grayer areas. Nothing to bad note him about. Argument could last for years whether or not how we operate is lawfully legit and i'm sure different countries and courtrooms wouldn't all be on the same page about it.
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why not just move forwards and discuss issues without dredging up old hassles?
yankee (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why not just move forwards and discuss issues without dredging up old hassles?
That was not my intention but your point is well noted.
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I hope your joking?

Why would I call them?

Then you are restricting yourself as to what you can or can not do with your paypal account or your ebay account.

You have accounts that use the systems just like everyone. Only difference is they are stealth.

Correctly created, they must withstand having to speak to paypal/ebay. It's needed at times.
Breakthecycle2 (02-05-2015)
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 57%

i got 10k once and was limited until the buyer confirmed the item was delivered.. pp called buyer to verify and stuff.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 53%

I've never had paypal call a buyer to confirm they received before releasing my funds.
Old 02-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That statement is completely idiotic and very untrue. Do you know how many times over the years I've had to call? Countless. I'll tell you what, get that payment and then come crying back here when you're account is limited and you have no way of providing what they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Then you are restricting yourself as to what you can or can not do with your paypal account or your ebay account.

You have accounts that use the systems just like everyone. Only difference is they are stealth.

Correctly created, they must withstand having to speak to paypal/ebay. It's needed at times.

First of all anytime Ebay or Paypal wants you to call them is one thing but when you voluntarily call them it could end up very badly. Simply from the fact that it could lead to Ebay or Paypal wanting to verify your account identity that you have no clue on what to say back to them when they ask questions about the information on the stealth account you own and that will very likely result on what ever funds in the account stuck from permanent limitation or even lead to can't verify identity with phone number. Also Like calling them to raise your selling limits when you do that you are going to be extensively looked at through a magnifying glass by Ebay if you answer the questions wrongly that will lead restricted indefinitely from selling. Even afterwards if you get accepted Ebay will be watching that account like a hawk one wrong move and that could get you an MC999 or your account restricted indefinitely from selling.

The key is to fly under the radar and not be noticed and calling them can be very troublesome. That's why i never shake the boat on any stealth account i own.

As far as my account getting limited where i would come back crying here?

Getting my Paypal account limited or an MC999 from Ebay where i need to fax them information is a walk in the park for me. I have done it dozens of times with ease and gotten my account reinstated everytime afterwards.

If Paypal holds my funds for 21 days that would be fine I would just prefer to not have the account limited with such a high amount of money in the account with having the hassle of my time and on a large amount of money like that.

Since you two are so gungho on me calling them what would you call in and say anyway? Im getting ready to sell an item that will fetch between $1,800 to $2,400 please dont put a 21 day hold or limited my account? ROFL!!!

Last edited by secret storm; 02-05-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Since you two are so gungho on me calling them what would you call in say anyway? Im getting ready to sell an item that will fetch between $1,800 to $2,400 please dont put a 21 day hold or limited my account? ROFL!!!
I would choose my words better but absolutely!

With permission and understanding paypal can be quite flexible.