Is anyone using Solar Power? What do you think of Solar Energy? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Stock Market Traders > General Money Chat

General Money Chat Discuss other ways to make money online.

Old 02-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Is anyone using Solar Power? What do you think of Solar Energy?

Using Solar Power from Solar Panels can save you astronomically on electricity, energy efficiency, and gas.

The technology of Solar Power has really advanced and the price of Solar Panels have dropped significantly from 7 years ago.

Most Solar Panels now come with a 25 year warranty and that is a longer lifespan than most rooftops.

I just wanted to know if anyone here is using Solar Power?

Or anyone that you know is using Solar Power?

It almost sounds to good to be true.

The only con's I can really think of is initial cost which is going to be high and hail damage and you can insure against that with higher rates and also there is protective layers of sheet coatings for solar panels.

Location is not a problem for me or anyone else in the U.S except Alaska at times and also Antarctica and Polar Regions.

Also at night solar is ineffective however can be fixed by buying solar rechargeable batteries to store excess power which you can later utilize in the night.

Last edited by secret storm; 02-06-2015 at 07:49 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Is anyone using Solar Power? What do you think of Solar Energy?

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is..... And solar power is like wind power - a load of hot air!! You need to have a house facing in the right direction over here is the UK to get any where near the sunlight to heat your home and hot water. And as for those damn windmills, the biggest blot on the landscape creating a minuscule amount of electricity compared to the amount created by a nuclear power station.
Old 02-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
If it sounds to good to be true it usually is..... And solar power is like wind power - a load of hot air!! You need to have a house facing in the right direction over here is the UK to get any where near the sunlight to heat your home and hot water. And as for those damn windmills, the biggest blot on the landscape creating a minuscule amount of electricity compared to the amount created by a nuclear power station.
So it's very uncommon to see Solar Panels in the UK. That's to bad mate..
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
So it's very uncommon to see Solar Panels in the UK. That's to bad mate..
Probably more solar panels in the south of the the UK, they getting the most sun!
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Cloud over solar parking meters
Cloud over solar parking meters - Telegraph
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Cloud over solar parking meters
Cloud over solar parking meters - Telegraph
Hehehe biggest laugh I've had in ages, great one MM78!,
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I dont have solar panels on the roof, I have a small 2kw solar panel system on a sun tracking system out in the back yard. I live in Las Vegas which is a perfect place to place solar panels. It really depends in the world where you live to make solar panels work.

I still have my house hooked up the grid when I need power at night. My power bill only comes out to less than $30 a month. I installed the solar panels myself, I did about 95% of the job myself to cut costs down to the bare min. The only part I did not touch was hooking up the power converters and/or any electrical part. I dont have any knowledge in that, so I didnt want to get electrocuted. It took me about 5 days to get everything installed. Mostly from my slow butt in getting it done. I never done anything like this, the reason for the slow paste.

My ROI-return on investment- is about 14% a year from saving on power costs, increase in value to the house. Try to get that ROI on any investment, its hard to find that return.

Last edited by yotano211; 02-06-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I dont have solar panels on the roof, I have a small 2kw solar panel system on a sun tracking system out in the back yard. I live in Las Vegas which is a perfect place to place solar panels. It really depends in the world where you live to make solar panels work.

I still have my house hooked up the grid when I need power at night. My power bill only comes out to less than $30 a month. I installed the solar panels myself, I did about 95% of the job myself to cut costs down to the bare min. The only part I did not touch was hooking up the power converters and/or any electrical part. I dont have any knowledge in that, so I didnt want to get electrocuted. It took me about 5 days to get everything installed. Mostly from my slow butt in getting it done. I never done anything like this, the reason for the slow paste.

My ROI-return on investment- is about 14% a year from saving on power costs, increase in value to the house. Try to get that ROI on any investment, its hard to find that return.

Well done yotano and yes you are definitely right about Los Angeles being a great place to get the best out of solar panel technology I woukd think, and that's sounds like a good return on your investment as well. Here in the UK the government has reduced the return users can receive on offloading their excess electricity to the grid system. They are trying to push windfarms and windmills as the next big thing in electricity generation, which it isn't of course, they can't realistically build them big enough!