My Ultimate Paypal/Ebay Link-Avoiding Suspension Thread - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default My Ultimate Paypal/Ebay Link-Avoiding Suspension Thread

Ok, so let's try to put this to rest once and for all. Bits and pieces have been explored but never a final answer. Now I'm looking for the final word. If anyone thinks they know, please help!

The Plan: Open ebay account with new information. Open new paypal account with same information. Must find a balance point that will allow you to verify who you are in paypal if you ever have to prove it. This paypal account will be linked with ebay, so I assume that name must match for both accounts. So does this mean that in order to identify myself to paypal, I will have to give my real name on the linked ebay account too? Further, a VCC or giftcard will be used to help verify the paypal account. I don't foresee this as a problem IF the address on the card matches what is on the paypal, which I think that's possible with a VCC.

The Object: International Trade. Ebay won't allow it without a linked paypal account. Much as I hate paypal. Plus, I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before they require it of all accounts, so might as well get ready.

Will this work? What must be matched up, and what must be different in order for both ebay and paypal to coexist with this relationship?

This will be my final thread on this matter, hopefully, if someone can fill in the blanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Jack Jack jack....lol
Old 07-19-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm going to keep asking until I get an answer or someone pulls my life support Chris.
Old 07-23-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Ok then, what about this?...

Say the user name is already established. You create a new paypal account with that same ebay address information except use your real name instead of the ebay name. You link the accounts. Should this work, or do the names have to match too?
Old 07-23-2007

Longevity: 98%

Pull the life support...your done.....
Old 07-24-2007
Threadstarter  

You have mail FeeBay Balling.
Old 07-26-2007

But Moddie and most others agree that whatever BS you give to ebay, your Paypal info has to be real.
Specifically, your SSN must be real, RIGHT?

Am I getting this right?

So how can you give BS info to ebay, give correct info to paypal, and then make sure the 2match?

I mean sooner or late, you'll have to provide an SSN to paypal, and you cannot bul**** with that.
We seem to agree that you can give a misspelled varient of your real info to Paypal, but you won't be able to make that info same as the ebay info. Do the ebay and Paypal names really HAVE to match?
Old 07-26-2007
Banned

I don't know about some of you, but I don't use Paypal at all and I still get a gang load of sells. Of course i do i have a merchant account thats links into Ebay checkout...
Old 07-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris for some functions you HAVE to use or at least offer Paypal. That's what this thread is about. I don't like using Paypal any more than the next person, but what you have to do you have to do.
Old 07-26-2007

Longevity: 98%

So what if the paypal info doesnt match ebay information? You only think it looks suspicious cos ur up 2 no good. BUT there must be plenty of people who use other people's paypal account (girlfriend/boyfriend) for honest reasons. For example someone may not have a verified paypal account or if they have they dont want to withdraw funds from their own paypal account because their bank account is in the red. Theres nothing wrong in this. Even if they cross match the info and close the ebay account they will probably only do this after someone has drawn attention to you by some complaint. I the meantime you will have made some money and be ready to move onto the next account. Keep it simple and just do it
Old 07-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Excuse me? I never implied any dishonesty toward others. Ebay, yes...but they've brought it on themselves and I do what I have to do to remain in business as far as they're concerned and feel no regret from it. But I do not extend that malice toward customers, so please don't infer it. Anyone in their right mind would think that might look a little hinky, and would be fully justified in thinking twice about it or at least asking ebay if it's ok to do so. Of course, that would be mistake #1. But I digress...

That being said, I see your point. But you have to remember, we're not talking about your girlfriend from down the block. This is about an inter-continental difference in location needed in order to market goods effectively. Sure you could just jump in blindly with all caution to the wind and you *might* get lucky. But you might just as well be suspended too. Therefore, since I'm in unchartered territory, caution is a must in order to get this right if I'm to succeed.
Old 07-26-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Chris for some functions you HAVE to use or at least offer Paypal. That's what this thread is about. I don't like using Paypal any more than the next person, but what you have to do you have to do.

No you don't need Paypal for anything on Ebay. Don't let them tell you that. I doeverything any other seller will do without Paypal. The only reason not taking paypal could hurt me is over seas selling. But int hat case i just link bogus Paypal account. Doesnt mean i still have to accept payment s thru them
Old 07-26-2007
Threadstarter  

But when you link a bogus paypal account, doesn't that mean you stand the risk of someone sending payment to that bogus paypal account? Many buyers will send a payment through paypal before you have a chance to send them an actual invoice, regardless of whether you state for them not to do this in the listing. It's happened to me tons of times before. People just don't read and do it out of reflex.

As for the bogus paypal account in question, what information (if any) do you make sure matches to your ebay account if you want them to accept the link? I'm beginning to get the feeling that ebay really doesn't check this, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and really nothing has to match at all. It doesn't make sense to me, but that's ebay for ya.

Please confirm.
Old 07-26-2007
Banned

Look Jack, if you don't list paypal in your listings and a buyer will not send payment to your account and if they do just refund them and tell them how to pay.

And why not list same info as ebay? The paypal account is bogus with vitrual credit card that you can list any name on.
Old 07-26-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Cool

but how are you going to cash out with this bogus paypal account if you don't have a bank account linked with it?
Old 07-26-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

also you don't have to list paypal with your listing. i am using GoogleCheckout and so far so good.
Old 07-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, when you link your account with paypal, you have to offer paypal as a payment option. How are you supposed to not list paypal if the account is linked? True, you can refund them and tell them how to pay, but then they might not pay either. A bird in the hand...

If you're trying to say you can create a paypal account with no intention whatsoever of ever receiving money, only as a front in order to link your paypal, please explain how that's supposed to work since you have to give that email to ebay as a payment source?
Old 07-26-2007
Banned

Last time I linked my paypal with my ebay account as far as I can remember I did not have to accept paypal. It was still my choice..

But jack your trying to do international sales aren't you?
Old 07-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, yes.
Old 07-27-2007
Banned

I don't work around it. I just sell straight out. This merchant account is designed for disgruntled past Ebay and Paypal users. As long as you send out items and do right by them they seem to turn a blind eye.

I have used 1 merchant account for about 5 ebay user Id's already.
Old 07-27-2007
Threadstarter  

That's all well and good but what about the paypal linking question? I'm glad you're happy with your merchant account, but you kind of left that up in the air.
Old 07-27-2007
Banned

What about it Jack? I answered everything