What's your open/suspended account ratio? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default What's your open/suspended account ratio?

I'm just about to go and start my first couple of Stealth account and I was just curious to see how others have been working them.
How many accounts do you personally run and how many have you lost?

The reason why I want to know this is very simple... How many accounts do I need to get up and running to make it all seamless. If I create 10 and lose 8 of them during first 8 months then I know that I just need to make more and more. But if I create 10 and lose 1 a month, that's not too bad really.

Cheers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: What's your open/suspended account ratio?

Going by your other post that I have just replied to, you were going to open one paypal account and link it to many ebay accounts! If you do not learn the right way to operate stealth accounts you will lose all ten of those accounts in one go! Remember one PayPal to one one ebay, and it depends on how well you learn stealth as to how many accounts you can keep going.
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hey! Thanks for the reply.

The more I think about it, the more it lacks logic to have one paypal with multiple eBay accounts. One paypal=One eBay not only makes it safer, but in a weird way it makes it MUCH easier to manage.
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Have lost very very few since joining these forums...
Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 56%

Ebay - None, PayPal - ALL.
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

In terms of having your Paypal suspended- Is that because you run into limits and can't provide documents to prove the ID?
If that's the case- can you link another, new, Paypal to an older existing eBay account?

Also, in terms of Paypal limits- Is it one of those where if you don't use friends or photoshopped piece of document, then it's just a throw away account once you hit the receiving limits?
Old 02-06-2015

I think documentation can be provided, you just have to be creative. So as far as losing paypal accounts you need to be ready to have it suspended if you do not pass verification and move onto the back up ones I believe? Perhaps one of the more experienced can advise?
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidukk View Post
In terms of having your Paypal suspended- Is that because you run into limits and can't provide documents to prove the ID?
If that's the case- can you link another, new, Paypal to an older existing eBay account?

Also, in terms of Paypal limits- Is it one of those where if you don't use friends or photoshopped piece of document, then it's just a throw away account once you hit the receiving limits?
No no no haidukk, you cannot add a new account to an old one, if you have an outstanding ebay account that has been left high and dry because the paypal was suspended, you are one of many, everyone knows you can never use that ebay again, it is forever tainted with the links left on it by the suspended paypal.and yes you are right about the big issue over ID verification that everyone is facing in the UK since Christmas, issues that we are hoping a solution will be found for.
Old 02-06-2015

Paypal has more suspension/limited ratio because that's where the money is..
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
No no no haidukk, you cannot add a new account to an old one, if you have an outstanding ebay account that has been left high and dry because the paypal was suspended, you are one of many, everyone knows you can never use that ebay again, it is forever tainted with the links left on it by the suspended paypal.and yes you are right about the big issue over ID verification that everyone is facing in the UK since Christmas, issues that we are hoping a solution will be found for.
Thanks for confirming this, much appreciated. Everything that you said makes perfect sense and that's exactly how I understood it, after reading on the forums and Googling some other websites.

In terms of keeping thing ticking over seamlessly it's actually quite straight forward- Keep EVERYTHING separate from EVERYTHING and just drop it as soon as something get's infected by a mistake or similar.
It's like siamese twins- If one goes, other one needs to go as well.

BUT, regarding the Paypal limits and people in UK having problems operating accounts- clearly it becomes a problem once you hit the wall with the limits and not before hand? If so then it's just a life expectancy of an account from now on then- Build stealths not for YEARS but till you hit the receiving limit and then just drop and move on.
Feels like a lot of constant hard work to me, but clearly something that I need to get good at if I want to keep my business going strongly.
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Thanks for confirming this, much appreciated. Everything that you said makes perfect sense and that's exactly how I understood it, after reading on the forums and Googling some other websites.

In terms of keeping thing ticking over seamlessly it's actually quite straight forward- Keep EVERYTHING separate from EVERYTHING and just drop it as soon as something get's infected by a mistake or similar.
It's like siamese twins- If one goes, other one needs to go as well.

BUT, regarding the Paypal limits and people in UK having problems operating accounts- clearly it becomes a problem once you hit the wall with the limits and not before hand? If so then it's just a life expectancy of an account from now on then- Build stealths not for YEARS but till you hit the receiving limit and then just drop and move on.
Feels like a lot of constant hard work to me, but clearly something that I need to get good at if I want to keep my business going strongly.
Some accounts may be making it through the EU limit, not every single one that gets to that point will be dropped, may depend on how they they are checked at that point. Also there are reminders before the £1900 limit is reached, so it can be impossible to say for those who are going to get dropped, when they will actually get dropped!
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Some accounts may be making it through the EU limit, not every single one that gets to that point will be dropped, may depend on how they they are checked at that point. Also there are reminders before the £1900 limit is reached, so it can be impossible to say for those who are going to get dropped, when they will actually get dropped!
Hmmm... So it's pretty much touch and go at this point?
Can't believe eBay and Paypal are making this so hard.

I might go for my very first Stealth account creation tomorrow, if I feel confident enough. Probably will make one more thread just to get some of you to see if my plan is solid and if not, hopefully we can work it out.
Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 90%

You could bail out of the account at £1500-1600 and let it reset a year later. A worthwhile option if you have loads in background. Or submit docs and hope for best.
Starting from the ground up is a killer and does become tiresome over time, all depends on what your selling, some items will sell regardless of account age or feedback and you can keep creating, stealthing till you reach the limits.
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Hmmm... So it's pretty much touch and go at this point?
Can't believe eBay and Paypal are making this so hard.

I might go for my very first Stealth account creation tomorrow, if I feel confident enough. Probably will make one more thread just to get some of you to see if my plan is solid and if not, hopefully we can work it out.
Good idea haidukk
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
You could bail out of the account at £1500-1600 and let it reset a year later. A worthwhile option if you have loads in background. Or submit docs and hope for best.
Starting from the ground up is a killer and does become tiresome over time, all depends on what your selling, some items will sell regardless of account age or feedback and you can keep creating, stealthing till you reach the limits.
Luckily the business that I'm in is very much a general stuff that really does sell wether it rains or shines- I don't have anything high risk or VeRo.
In that sense my business is very, very low risk and not something that I have ever had problems with- Traded two accounts, two years and over 2 thousands transactions and never really had any problems with eBay until they just shut the shop on me, literally.
Now it's just about finding the best and most stable way of getting the business up and running and keeping it running- I personally don't care if I sell 200 items a month from one user or divide the sales between the 10 accounts that I need to make. I WOULD prefer having one or two big limit accounts but the more I read, the more I realize that it's only a matter of time till eBay takes you from behind so I'd rather set myself up so that I know what's coming and won't end up with some unpleasant back pain or sore legs.
Old 02-07-2015

I think if you have the inclination, ability and want to have multiple of accounts to work, then running accounts to roughly £1650 then waiting a year for them to reset is one of the safest ways to keep accounts alive.

Once docs are in, that is stage 1, and we have some good creatives on here to get past that, but stage 2 is when the third party fraud protection teams do manual reviews, stealth details won't pass in the slightest so end of account, and ebay account effectively. Some times this may take a bit of time while they clear the backlogs etc so your at the mercy of when this happens really.

All my eBay accounts are still alive, and I did put new PayPal accounts them just to monitor what would happen (I knew it wouldn't last long etc), which worked fine for a few months till I got the EU limit on those, and after docs sent in they where taken down shortly after as the manual review would of created the link to the original suspended account. However it allowed me shift a load of stock while I waited for new accounts to mature, ready for selling on.

Last edited by wired; 02-07-2015 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I think if you have the inclination, ability and want to have multiple of accounts to work, then running accounts to roughly £1650 then waiting a year for them to reset is one of the safest ways to keep accounts alive.

Once docs are in, that is stage 1, and we have some good creatives on here to get past that, but stage 2 is when the third party fraud protection teams do manual reviews, stealth details won't pass in the slightest so end of account, and ebay account effectively. Some times this may take a bit of time while they clear the backlogs etc so your at the mercy of when this happens really.

All my eBay accounts are still alive, and I did put new PayPal accounts them just to monitor what would happen (I knew it wouldn't last long etc), which worked fine for a few months till I got the EU limit on those, and after docs sent in they where taken down shortly after as the manual review would of created the link to the original suspended account. However it allowed me shift a load of stock while I waited for new accounts to mature, ready for selling on.

Nice description of how you keep your accounts turning over Wired.

You didn't mention how you have been dealing with the turnaround of bank accounts, one of the main problems here in the UK, not all banks being equal of course and being usable for stealth, because of their nit accepting mismatched names.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 02-07-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2015

Quote:
Nice description of how you keep your accounts turning over Wired.

You didn't mention how you have been dealing with the turnaround of bank accounts, one of the main problems here in the UK, not all banks being equal of course and being usable for stealth, because of their nit accepting mismatched names.
Bank accounts are the easiest thing in all of this Rosie. Three banks work fine, but I imagine the more and more people start using them , they will eventually turn into Lloyds as well!

eBay Stealth is still ok , but PayPal Stealth (beyond £1650 a year) is dead in the UK now in my opinion. We will know that I am right within about three months I reckon
Old 02-07-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Bank accounts are the easiest thing in all of this Rosie. Three banks work fine, but I imagine the more and more people start using them , they will eventually turn into Lloyds as well!

eBay Stealth is still ok , but PayPal Stealth (beyond £1650 a year) is dead in the UK now in my opinion. We will know that I am right within about three months I reckon
Thanks Wired for the quick look into the thread and it's appreciated that you explain how you run them to limit and then just swap over and come back in years time.
I guess because they are not REAL accounts it's quite easy to just mass produce stealth accounts and then just rotate them and rinse+repeat.

Every Stealth account(eBay+Paypal) needs a real bank account, right? If so, how can you rotate 10-30 accounts? I have Lloyds TSB current account that is linked to suspended account, I also have savings account that is not linked to anything... I can perhaps open up a business account with them and add a savings account to them as well, but that's about it?
The way out is having 1 personal account + 1 business account in every single bank in UK?

Maybe you have time to explain the real bank account issues to me- If you can, you can drop me a PM or if you don't mind sharing the info you are always more than welcome to share it here.

Thanks anyway, much appreciated.