Policy Warning about shipping - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Policy Warning about shipping

"Hello,

We are writing because you may have violated our policies by confirming an order prior to shipping any portion of the order to the buyer.

Per our policies, sellers may only confirm shipment of an order after sending all or some portion of the customer’s order.

For more information on this policy, search on “Charge When Ship” in seller Help.

Note that failure to comply with our policies may result in the removal of your Amazon.com selling privileges.

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com"

I have been printing the shipping labels through Amazon the day of the order but most of my shipments aren't actually being dropped off to the Post Office until 3-4 days later. my handling time is 2 days. I only offer standard shipping and then I always upgrade every order to Priority for free to ensure it gets there by the shipping due date and have a 99 percent delivery rate. I have been doing this for over 2 years with no issues until now. About 3 days ago I got an email form Amazon that a customer contacted them and was asking why the tracking said that a label was printed but has not been shipped until 4 days later. I believe it was the customer compliant and not a bot that notified seller performance.

My question is,does Amazon only want me to confirm shipping the same day I drop it off at the Post Office? Or is it Ok to purchase the label through Amazon and then drop off at Post Office within the handling time?

I changed my handling time to 4 days
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Policy Warning about shipping

Well here is what I found from the help page. Technically Amazon wants you to drop it off at the courier and then confirm shipping. I doubt that any seller actually does this. Also, if you are buying the shipping through Amazon, as soon as you print it out, it confirms shipping so I'm thinking it has to either be shipped the same day or within the handling time but I don't know which one. I want to make sure I'm doing this right after getting this warning.

Charge When Ship Terms and Conditions

Please note: If you are enabled for Charge When Ship functionality, then you (or an authorized representative of your company) previously accepted the following terms and conditions during the acceptance process.

BY AGREEING TO UPGRADE YOUR SELLER CENTRAL ACCOUNT TO ENABLE THE CHARGE WHEN SHIP FUNCTIONALITY AND/OR BY USING THE SERVICES THAT ENABLE THIS FUNCTIONALITY, YOU AGREE, ON BEHALF OF THE PERSON(S) AND/OR ENTITY(IES) OFFERING PRODUCTS OR SERVICES VIA THE AMAZON.COM SITE IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS SELLER CENTRAL ACCOUNT ("SELLER"), AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO AMAZON.COM THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO SO AGREE AND TO BIND SELLER, TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

Seller will not send customers e-mails concerning shipping confirmation of Seller Products.

Promptly after shipment of a customer's order (or any portion of the customer's order), Seller will accurately inform Amazon.com that the order has been shipped (and, in the case of a customer order that is shipped in more than one shipment, accurately inform Amazon.com which portion of the order has been shipped), using the standard functionality made available by Amazon.com for communicating such information ("Confirmation of Shipment").

If Seller fails to provide Confirmation of Shipment within the time frame specified by Amazon.com (e.g., 30 days after the date an order was placed), Amazon.com may in its sole discretion cancel (and/or direct Seller to stop and/or cancel) any such Seller Transaction, and Seller will stop and/or cancel any such Seller Transaction upon such request by Amazon.com.

Seller will comply with any instructions from the manufacturer, distributor and/or licensor of a product regarding Street Date for Delivery (which means the date, if any, specified by the manufacturer, distributor and/or licensor of a product as the date before which such product should not be delivered or otherwise made available to customers) or the Street Date for Disclosure (which means the date, if any, specified by the manufacturer, distributor and/or licensor of a product as the date before which specified information regarding such product (e.g., title of a book) should not be disclosed publicly).

The above terms and conditions are in addition to and are not intended to eliminate any rights Amazon.com or any of its Affiliates may have, or any obligations Seller or any of its Affiliates may have, under any agreement currently in effect between Seller or its Affiliates and Amazon.com or its Affiliates concerning the offer and/or sale by Seller or its Affiliates of products or services via the Amazon.com Site ("Seller Agreement"). The above terms and conditions are hereby incorporated into the Seller Agreement, and to the extent that any of the above terms and conditions are inconsistent with the Seller Agreement, the Seller Agreement is hereby amended as necessary to be consistent with the above terms and conditions. Capitalized terms used and not defined herein have the meanings ascribed to them in the Seller Agreement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
bananaappeal (02-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

In any case I think it's only a red flag when a customer contacts Amazon and complins. What do you guys think?
Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
In any case I think it's only a red flag when a customer contacts Amazon and complins. What do you guys think?
I think you should conduct quicker handling times - the complaint is a fair call.

This thread is a good warning to all amazon sellers on here to avoid the same issue.
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 80%

what amazon wants and will allow are two different things. they will allow u to print labels and drop off the item the following day not 3-4 days later. When you print a priority label customers expect their package by the time you are dropping off the package.

the real question here is why is it taking so long for you to drop off the package?
Old 02-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Agree with comments above.

This basically falls all on you and your delay to ship. AZ certainly won't be adjusting their policies to adapt to your slow shipping process.
Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I take orders before I have the product so it takes 3-4 days to get the item. I can not change this business model. I guess it would be a good idea to only list items I have in hand or will be getting within a few days. It's just I will have to keep closing listings and that will lose a lot of money.
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
I take orders before I have the product so it takes 3-4 days to get the item. I can not change this business model. I guess it would be a good idea to only list items I have in hand or will be getting within a few days. It's just I will have to keep closing listings and that will lose a lot of money.
Sounds like you are dropshipping, that is the impression your description of your shipping times gives
Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

No I am not. Just taking orders before I have on hand.
Old 02-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

It's all up to you. It's your business at risk. AZ is not going to change their policy.
Old 02-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Amazon told me that I can print the label as soon as I get the order and then as long as I drop it off within my handling time I will be OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Amazon told me that I can print the label as soon as I get the order and then as long as I drop it off within my handling time I will be OK.
Yes but 4 days is excessively long. I never leave feedback but it I ordered something on Monday and it shipped Friday and I received it 9-15 days after I originally ordered I would be quite annoyed.
Old 02-09-2015

Longevity: 54%

Buyers get supper mad about this issue and I would too. When they get the email that their item shipped they think (as they should) that it's in the way and the carrier has it. Once they see later the carrier only got it 4 days later they get mad at you and reflects on your business.

I wouldn't mind getting an item in 7-10 days for free shipping if that's what I expected.

But if it takes that same amount of time because it took 4 days to ship then buyers will not like it, it's psychology and they expect the items to ship right away it doesn't matter what you put in your handling time.

On another note, IF you're not drop shipping and the items are selling why wait to buy the items and don't have stock? Revise your business model
Old 02-09-2015

Longevity: 69%

Dont know if it could help but Amazon wants you to pick the shipping date when you actual ship the item..If you print the labels on Amazon pick the shipping date you will actually drop the item off.