1999 account closed in 05 for non payment of fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Wink 1999 account closed in 05 for non payment of fees

I just now remembered my password for this account that I owe $169 on in fees. I dont have access to the email any longer but the account looked fine other than the fees I owe. I just purchased the EbayStealth book and read it thoroughly and decided to try this account again. I did it and was wondering how sure of a thing it would be if I just paid the fees to them. I have a 3,000 plus feedback on it so it would be nice to reuse this one.

Thanks

Old 11-06-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

pay the fees and see what happens
Old 11-06-2008

If the only problem with the account are just the fees then the account should be reinstated once the fees are paid. Make sure there aren't any other problems before logging in.

good luck
Old 11-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

pinkie is correct. I would make sure that you have the security questions and as much info as you can recall about the account. Sounds great BUT if you do not approach it correctly you are going to be out of pocket and without that account
Old 11-06-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Why don't you login and pay your fees using the one time payment option and then click pay by check. Enter in any ABA bank number and any random 10 digit checking account number. You have to log out and then back in for it to take effect, but you can usually start selling again. If you can sell, then make a real payment.
Old 11-07-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
Why don't you login and pay your fees using the one time payment option and then click pay by check. Enter in any ABA bank number and any random 10 digit checking account number. You have to log out and then back in for it to take effect, but you can usually start selling again. If you can sell, then make a real payment.

OMG................................... IT WORKED !!!!!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!

I had to confirm my phone which I did since it is new anyway. I better list something that will sell in 24hrs or so that way when they do find out that the payment wont go through I wont have PO's customers.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008

What an awesome find! I would pay that measly $169 off as you have a gem! Nice trick as well sycore!

-HeG
Old 11-07-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post
What an awesome find! I would pay that measly $169 off as you have a gem! Nice trick as well sycore!

-HeG

Do you think they will suspend it again in a few days when they find out it wont work? I am hoping to make the $169 over the weekend and just pay it off.

I am pretty sure I have taken all steps to make sure it doesnt get linked to my other ones that are messed up for various reasons. The only thing that I could not change was the IP address but after reading everything I have, that doesnt seem near the issue as the other things. I have just decided to walk away from all other accounts.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Wonder how the person feels whose ABA random 10 digit checking account number might have got used? Wonder how that family felt about maybe having no money because of another's greed? Or their ebay account suspended because of this? Has anyone considered the consequences?

I hope that there is not going to be any moaning here when the account gets suspended. Have to wonder why anyone would waste such an account.
Bad Karma. Stupid thing to do. Stupid to offer such a remedy and stupid to
think it is a neat trick. This borders on FRAUD.
Old 11-07-2008

You should pay it ASAP. I doubt you actually managed to get someone's REAL bank information, but if you did somehow, it can be a problem as GreenBean suggested. I doubt you'll ever get prosecuted for it as you could just say you were looking at the wrong paper when you typed it in, but you could temporarily screw someone if you did hit the small chance and accidentally use someone's real account.
Old 11-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Why don't you just pay the fee to use the account? I don't recommend using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ banking information as your payment at all. Bad idea...
Old 11-08-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Wonder how the person feels whose ABA random 10 digit checking account number might have got used? Wonder how that family felt about maybe having no money because of another's greed? Or their ebay account suspended because of this? Has anyone considered the consequences?

I hope that there is not going to be any moaning here when the account gets suspended. Have to wonder why anyone would waste such an account.
Bad Karma. Stupid thing to do. Stupid to offer such a remedy and stupid to
think it is a neat trick. This borders on FRAUD.
LOL The odds of you accidentally putting in a correct account number are a trillion to one. Especially since must account numbers are at least 10 digits long and start with 100000. So as long as you start with numbers other then 0 you are safe. Plus, even if you miraculously hit a correct number, they would just have the charge reversed. I don't make the rules, I just bend them.
Old 11-08-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
OMG................................... IT WORKED !!!!!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!

I had to confirm my phone which I did since it is new anyway. I better list something that will sell in 24hrs or so that way when they do find out that the payment wont go through I wont have PO's customers.

Thanks
Yes, you now have to make real over payment of $169 if you want to keep the account. Pick one time pay again and choose your payment method. If you don't, the first bank charge will get kicked back and you account goest negative again, you will only have about a week or 2 before they suspend you again if you do not.
Old 11-08-2008

Longevity: 98%

Tell eBay you have all your new and old bank accounts in a text file and that you accidentally entered an old bank account that you closed and not a new one. Then pay by another method.
Old 11-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
Yes, you now have to make real over payment of $169 if you want to keep the account. Pick one time pay again and choose your payment method. If you don't, the first bank charge will get kicked back and you account goest negative again, you will only have about a week or 2 before they suspend you again if you do not.
I can confirm this one! Past account got suspended for fees, made a payment with using a bank account with a few numbers off from mine. Payment went through, took about 2 weeks for them to figure it out, and made my account go neg again. Made another payment the same way, account ok for a few weeks, and then got suspended for making 2 bounced payments with a one year period. You can get it to work though if you only need an account for a few weeks.
Old 11-09-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Do you think they will suspend it again in a few days when they find out it wont work? I am hoping to make the $169 over the weekend and just pay it off.

I am pretty sure I have taken all steps to make sure it doesnt get linked to my other ones that are messed up for various reasons. The only thing that I could not change was the IP address but after reading everything I have, that doesnt seem near the issue as the other things. I have just decided to walk away from all other accounts.

Thanks

Relax Greenbean, I used my old routing # and a randome account #. I wanted to make sure you knew this so you could get some sleep. You know, I do the things that are recommended by my peers and then I get slammed a bit over it. Its not a big deal. Especially to you. Thanks for the opinion though.

Now..... Do you all think I have say a week or so to make it right? I have a 3206 feedback with only a couple negs at all and they were years ago. would that have any bearing on how patient they are going to be on how fast they want payment?

Thanks guys