Name questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Name questions

Hi all-

Spent the past few days reading all the threads and digesting the eBook. I think I have things figured out.

My main selling ID and 5 other back-up/buying accounts that I had made up got suspended this week for being linked to a past suspended account from a few years ago for fees. I think it was Paypal that linked me. They suspended all of the accounts in my name and also my wife's (in her maiden name). Only thing in common for all of them would have been the Paypal account or used the Paypal account to pay for their items.

They didn't touch a shell account I had made up with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address, my mom's account (which I still have the password to), and my business partner's account, all of which had been logged on with the same PC that would have been linked to the suspended account.

I obviously do not want to resuse my Paypal account (shame too, 2001 vintage!). My wife had a personal Paypal account in our married name (remember, eBay account suspended in her maiden name), which I closed out. I am going to have her open a Business account, so we can easily give SSN and documents when Paypal requests them.

My question is how much weight does someone's name weigh in eBay's decision if accounts are linked? eBay has nothing on her married name, and I will have a new address, phone, credit card, IP, etc to give them. Our last name is fairly rare. I don't think she ever paid anything on eBay with the personal account Paypal account she has.

Do you think that we will be ok? When I do this, I want to do it right. I had 3000 listings up when my account went down. We sell holiday merchandise, so this is our prime selling season and I don't want to go through the agony of starting everything up again and getting shut down.
Anything thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2008

Hi, first off you should edit the location you are in so people knows which region you are in (control panel). Some regions are different in terms of rules and regulations. To be honest, I have found that the name plays a minor role but should be changed to minimize all possible risk on being linked. As long as you have a different address, phone, credit card, IP, and that you never log in back to your old suspended accounts. All these I think are mentioned on the forum and the eBay Stealth ebook.

For your wife's paypal account, make sure that it wasn't the same ip when you opened it . And I am guessing that that account hasn't been used for a while so best is to take it easy and start working up on small transactions.

Good luck
Old 11-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks pink, I just changed my location info. Just logged into my old Paypal account for the last time, cleared my cookies, and reset my IP, so wish me luck...
Old 11-06-2008

good luck!