Uk police state - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-16-2015
Radfele

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Uk police state

I am sure not many of you read Metro today, but front page: UK banks will now share all information with government and police without ANY court orders

great, the UK police state is getting worse and worse and will only serve a few faceless people at the top, this is blatant data breach but I guess we are used to it, who voted for these laws? is there mutual consent to give police the power to record our every internet step and to trace our money like it is theirs? Absolutely ridiculous, authoritarian regime disguised as democracy I am sure under Nazis we would have more freedom
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2015

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%
Default Re: Uk police state

Having lived in the U.S. for 10 years my opinion is that the police state is worse there then in UK, but here in UK we have more of a spy state problem, stitch on your neighbor type of attitude. But yeah, its getting worse. Just keep ontop of everything
Old 02-17-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMele View Post
I am sure not many of you read Metro today, but front page: UK banks will now share all information with government and police without ANY court orders

great, the UK police state is getting worse and worse and will only serve a few faceless people at the top, this is blatant data breach but I guess we are used to it, who voted for these laws? is there mutual consent to give police the power to record our every internet step and to trace our money like it is theirs? Absolutely ridiculous, authoritarian regime disguised as democracy I am sure under Nazis we would have more freedom
The government is behind it Rob, our biggest hassles in this country seen to come from goverment ministers who come from banking families, even the news in the UK, is probably fed from extremely useful 'leaks' that direct attention away from the latest scam the government is pulling.

Over the past few years just as some juicy scandal about the government has been breaking, a new scandal has be one known that steers all the attention away from them. As for us being in a police state, yes we probably are, to a certain extent that's no bad thing with the situations across the Arab world and with us having so many nuclear power stations which coukd be seen as potential targets. This is life in the 21st century!
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

As Rosie mentioned earlier, it's the times that we live in, 21st century.

To be fair, US seems to be a lot more of a police state with many of laws designed to surpress poor people of certain ethnic background. The situation in US in more "in your face" because of the violence that comes with such unbalanced society.
UK is a weird mix of "everything is alright" and "big brother is watching you".

On one hand, the people here are so pampered by welfare state and general lack of ambition, that they just don't care what's REALLY happening. Majority of people are VERY happy over in UK just driving around a car that is owned by a bank, living in a house that is owned by a bank and punching a clock every day because it's easier to suffer with other people doing 9 to 5 than it is to come up with something else and try to get off the rutine titty, that is 9 to 5.
Other part of UK are just very paranoid and have been since the early 80s, most likely.
UK has always been sneaky with it's people and what people don't realise about UK is that it truly is run by a selected few. In America you have the faceless corporations that bend the country over backwards but in UK it's the faceless families of royal background that do exactly the same thing and have been doing the same thing for not only couple of generations, but for tens of generations.

On one hand, I don't mind the infotech age and certain freedoms that come with it, but I do mind having my data shared with people who are not experts and do things "just because it's a job"
What's the differece between a person who punches clock at McDonalds and a person who does it at a police station? Nothing.
They are just people, just like you and me. They all have bad days and they all get fed up with their jobs, they all have bills to pay and they all make mistakes.
The problem is, we are not wearing a uniform and we will not be given access to other peoples lives, like them.

It's a never ending cycle of privacy laws that is changing and at the moment it's geared towards the selected few, but the change will eventually trickle down to the masses and just as they have access to EVERYTHING, we will have access to everything. One day.

In year 2015, it's impossible to imagine a future world where you have privacy. We are the last generations that have enjoyed the true privacy.
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Have any of YOU bothered to read the rules?????

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/faq.php

Rule 6: No POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS talk.

novemberrain1970 (02-17-2015), rsot (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015
Radfele

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

I was letting members know that their accounts will all be monitored now, what's the problem?
Old 02-17-2015
just_smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

I have always wondered, what is the reason for that rule?
Old 02-17-2015

Longevity: 53%

I personally don't think there is any problems with banks sharing info with police to be honest. As long as you are following the correct procedure to be stealth you should be fine.

I think this will affect those who use stealth as a method for fraud or money laundering.
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I was letting members know that their accounts will all be monitored now, what's the problem?
Their accounts are already montiored.

Nothing new.
novemberrain1970 (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:

Is there a link anywhere for this please? tried to find it but can't, would make an interesting read.
Old 02-17-2015
Radfele

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Is there a link anywhere for this please? tried to find it but can't, would make an interesting read.
Crime in banks 'a threat to national security,' says NCA boss Keith Bristow - UK - News - London Evening Standard

I suggest we all start thinking ahead so we are bulletproof just in case..
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
realdeals (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I have always wondered, what is the reason for that rule?
Really? The forums would then become corrupt with crazy discussions and lack of focus...not good for the health of the forum