Hello Hello... auction or buy it now - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 02-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Hello Hello... auction or buy it now

I am not sure you would believe that I have never ever tried using ebay auction to sell before.

What would you advise for someone determined to make the best out of ebay.

Does the auction works as much as the buy it now listings?
How long is the best to list in auction for, 7 or 30 days?
Does my 100/£3500 monthly allowance also counts in Auction
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Hello Hello... auction or buy it now

It depends what your trying to sell as to the duration that you choose for the items.

100 items is made up of the total number of auctions + total number of buy it now items.
Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

A lot of factors determine this but as a general rule, auctions have more traffic and higher velocity and you can get around duplicate listing policies and double, triply, even 100X+ your exposure/visibility.

But your item must be in demand and get bids. Also expect that some auctions are going to end low and some are going to end very high.

Rare and unique items that are not in high demand by many people typically will not do well in auction. You need demand. Only two people who really want the item, but demand is needed.

I make the vast majority of my profit by maximizing my visibility and burying my competitors listings by selling in demand items via $.99 auctions. Durring my peak season I might have 500 identical auctions ending everyday. Competitors fixed price listings are not even seen. This also attracts a lot of attention from competitors and manufacturers who may have dealer exclusives and MAP pricing if your products fall in that category.

I like 1 and 3 day auctions but 1 day auctions are not for all accounts or all items. If your items take 12-18 hours to show on ebay, then 1 day auctions are not for you but if you have an account that gets fast visibility, then the can be cash cows.

If you are selling high dollar items, you can very easily far and away exceed you $$$ side of the limits via .99 auctions. An example is I have an account that is being listed on tonight. It has 14 more items this month only and $54.00 so I will list 14 items starting at .99 that will end around $120 each to maximize the account. This technique can be risky although I have not had any issues to date.

Last edited by yankee; 02-19-2015 at 09:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
bombztreeez (07-28-2015), taerese (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Plus you can get a lot of sales on a single auction with 2nd chance offers if the bid is still with your profit margin range.
Old 07-28-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

goodbye goodbye.
Old 07-28-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Plus you can get a lot of sales on a single auction with 2nd chance offers if the bid is still with your profit margin range.
So in this case, you're saying you would sell to both #1 and #2 bidders (of course, if you had multiple products that are the same)?
Old 09-17-2015

The main different between auction and BIN is that auctions do not rely on your account being Top rated or anything - the item will be ranked based on the amount of bids: the more bids, the higher it will rank. With BIN you actually need to take a slower path, which is listing item at lower price and eventually getting it higher. I would say go with both but imo BIN has far more advantages especially when you know how to beat the competition.
The Following User Says Thank You to epimetheus039 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-18-2015)
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
A lot of factors determine this but as a general rule, auctions have more traffic and higher velocity and you can get around duplicate listing policies and double, triply, even 100X+ your exposure/visibility.

But your item must be in demand and get bids. Also expect that some auctions are going to end low and some are going to end very high.

Rare and unique items that are not in high demand by many people typically will not do well in auction. You need demand. Only two people who really want the item, but demand is needed.

I make the vast majority of my profit by maximizing my visibility and burying my competitors listings by selling in demand items via $.99 auctions. During my peak season I might have 500 identical auctions ending everyday. Competitors fixed price listings are not even seen. This also attracts a lot of attention from competitors and manufacturers who may have dealer exclusives and MAP pricing if your products fall in that category.

I like 1 and 3 day auctions but 1 day auctions are not for all accounts or all items. If your items take 12-18 hours to show on ebay, then 1 day auctions are not for you but if you have an account that gets fast visibility, then the can be cash cows.

If you are selling high dollar items, you can very easily far and away exceed you $$$ side of the limits via .99 auctions. An example is I have an account that is being listed on tonight. It has 14 more items this month only and $54.00 so I will list 14 items starting at .99 that will end around $120 each to maximize the account. This technique can be risky although I have not had any issues to date.
When you say 500 identical auctions in one day do you mean in one account or spread out among multiple accounts?
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
When you say 500 identical auctions in one day do you mean in one account or spread out among multiple accounts?
Old thread but one account.

It is a little trickier to do today but still doable.

500 items ending in a single day, never mind at the same time will not end well for most all items.

I used that as an example and something I have done NOT something most anybody should do. IF you have a HUGE DEMAND item it can really steal all your competitors sales and that is why I do such things sometimes.
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Old thread but one account.

It is a little trickier to do today but still doable.

500 items ending in a single day, never mind at the same time will not end well for most all items.

I used that as an example and something I have done NOT something most anybody should do. IF you have a HUGE DEMAND item it can really steal all your competitors sales and that is why I do such things sometimes.
How many identical listings would you say can be "reasonably" auctioned in the same day? 20? 30? 50?
Old 10-05-2015

Longevity: 56%

I believe you that you have never used Auction facility! Many users don't.

Auctions are great way to sell for unique and one off products. However you can always list any items which are already listed in buy it now for some extra sells.

Duration depends on the type of product you are selling. For very expensive and less demanded products should be listed in the long duration and less expensive and easy going product can be listed in the short duration.