Question about withdrawing after the 180 Day window is reached - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Question about withdrawing after the 180 Day window is reached

Ok Any help on this situation would be grrreat:

I have a question to ask you about a previous limited Paypal account?

It was limited on August 10th and I have over $1,200.00 sitting in there and I got the message last week that said that my funds were eligible for withdrawal. If i go to hook up a bank account to get the funds out will it ask me to verify the account with a phone call or text? because one account that had $180 in it asked me to do that just the other day and I was unable to hook up the bank account for my fathers account because it said that Paypal didn't recogonize the phone or said that it appeared that the phone was not registered in the users name??

Well the phone was and still is attached to the paypal and was hooked up after the 180 days and I selected Primary Phone and it will not let me delete the other 2 "Non working" phone numbers that came with the account.

Prior to this when I tried to hook up the Real Ally Bank Account for the withdrawal it gave me this message: :Were sorry but we do not recognize the device you are using and we need you to verify the account via text or phone call"

That is when I decided to go out and buy a phone which I did for about $30 and I hooked it up..

Just so there is no confusion---> I am still talking about the account that only has $180 in it that was limited around Aug. 1st.

I have not touched the account with the $1,200+ until I figure out how to empty the smaller one 1st to make sure that it works and I don't screw up the bigger one. The only thing I did on the $1,200 one was hooked up a Paylo Mobile phone and verified it with Paypal.

Also on both accounts I have been sending the : "BAL" Text message to paypal so that the site responds with the current balance each day. Even though I know the balance hasn't changed I just figured that it would be good for their site to recognize the device so it gets used to knowing or being familiar with this number.

I am just frustrated because I have been using Ebay and Paypal platform for over 15 years now and this is getting very tricky for me... this should be getting easier and not harder :(

Please let me know because I do not want to screw up the withdraw process on that big $1,200 Limited account of mine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert H
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Question about withdrawing after the 180 Day window is reached

I have never had a verify-account issue after 180 days...I simply log into the correct user account, access the PP and added my bank (if I need a new bank account) and withdraw. Usually the bank account attached is still good to go for use
Old 02-20-2015
Threadstarter  

There was never a live bank account attached. Just the VBA That came with the account.

Any suggestions? I just want to get the 1,200 out of the Larger account and need to hook up a bank account "Ally" to that one as well because again on that account It still only has the VBA That came with the account.
Old 02-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Nobody has any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks and lmk
Old 02-21-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If you can't add a bank account , when you go to withdrawal choose the check,option, and they will mail a check to,you, just make sure you add an address you have access to in your profile and when you withdrawal using check option choose the correct address
Old 02-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes but The account is a Stealth account with a Stealth name that is not my own. Surely I will not be able to cash a Check that is made out to "John Smith" If my name is Rob H****

Correct? Or am I mis-reading the check suggestion?

thanks,
Old 02-21-2015

Just change the business name to your real name, you are able to change the business name of your PayPal account without documentation, you just can't change the contact name

And after you change the business name to your real name add an address that you have access to

Once that is completed go to withdrawal and choose the correct address and that is it, you will get a check delivered to an address you have access to with your business name on it and your business name will now be your real name
Old 02-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Just change the business name to your real name, you are able to change the business name of your PayPal account without documentation, you just can't change the contact name

And after you change the business name to your real name add an address that you have access to

Once that is completed go to withdrawal and choose the correct address and that is it, you will get a check delivered to an address you have access to with your business name on it and your business name will now be your real name
what if its a personal PP
Old 02-21-2015
Threadstarter  

What if it is not a business Paypal?

I did not know something like that would work.

Usually the require a Business Tax ID Number to go along with that.

I guess I will have to check into to this idea further then.

You make it sound so simple. Maybe I am just not aware that it would be that easy.

It seems like everything is almost impossible these days with these stealth PP Accounts.

Thanks for the input
Old 02-21-2015

If u have a business paypal it's that simple I just received 2 checks to my house from 2 different Accounts

But they were both business, I doubt u can upgrade to business once the account is limited

With a limited account , you can still update the information , like address, phone number, and business name that's why it's very easy
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015

Also, if you have a personal account, if you have a Bank account that accepts mismatched deposits than , they should accept the check with a mismatched name, it's the same thing as doing a direct deposit with mismatch

Also many banks now have an App where you can simply take a picture of the front and back of the check and it gets deposited without ever needing to go to the bank.

Once you learn how paypal operated you will find its Very workable, at least for US PayPal
Old 02-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

this is good to know for the future. only making business PP from now on
Old 02-22-2015
Threadstarter  

So you don't have to have a business Tax ID to change the Paypal to a Business Paypal??
Old 02-22-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotanace2014 View Post
So you don't have to have a business Tax ID to change the Paypal to a Business Paypal??
No, not for US PayPal

Eventually as you get on pace to go over both 200/$20k threshold you will need to provide a tax ID, but you do not need to right away

Also I'm sure you have used a Bank account with a Paypal and withdrew with mismatching names and it has worked

Do its the same thing depositing a check with a mismatch

Just use the App from a smartphone where you snap a picture of the front and back , and if it's with a Bank that accepts mismatched names than they will accept the check

Just do it from the App that way it's all automatic rather than bringing it in person where a teller could turn it down