1st Post.. A few questions Feedback, Old accts, etc. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Arrow 1st Post.. A few questions Feedback, Old accts, etc.

I've been reading the forum for months and have had a few PM conversations with some people. I was once in the top 50 sellers on ebay per terapeak and for the last few months I've been doing everything I can and manage to stay suspended for the most part. I have a couple of questions for the board. Oh, and yes I've read the ebook and yes I've read the forum :D

First question is what are everyone's feelings on trading feedback? You know a "friend" buying your item to raise your feedback score? Haven't seen much on that here besides in the members forum. Which brings me to my next question.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid but what if some tard at paypal see's that I made a paypal to the aspkin forum for a membership? Won't that raise a flag? This place ranks pretty high on Google.

Third question is I FINALLY found a old account I had opened like three and a half years ago. It has my name but my old warehouse address and phone number which have not been linked to any other accounts. The account has zero feedback. Do you guys think its safe to use? What is the best way to get started with this account?

Anyway thanks in advance for any help. I'm here a lot so feel free to PM me. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2008

Longevity: 89%

Welcome MYC,

First, trading feedbacks. I try not to, at least not with someone I know. That way it minimizes the risk of getting your friend's and your acct suspended. Just buy and sell some cheap stuff. By paying and receiving payment it will be better for the long run because of the real transactions.

Second, I am not totally sure about this but I think the risk of limitation is mostly receiving high price items and of course the acct itself.

Third, it will be best that all infos are different but if the ip and cc and all are different then you still might have a chance. Best way to start is buy some stuff to raise feedback and late sell some low profile stuff.

You should start thinking about back up accounts since there is no 100% with ebay and paypal.

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkharo For This Useful Post:
MYC (11-09-2008)
Old 11-09-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You can use your old account, but be sure to change your ip address and to delete your browser cookies and flash objects before you do. Don't mess with the account details unless you have to. And start slow with the account.
Old 11-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You can use your old account, but be sure to change your ip address and to delete your browser cookies and flash objects before you do. Don't mess with the account details unless you have to. And start slow with the account.
I logged into it to make sure I had the correct password. It made me update my phone number. I get my phone numbers through yahoo so that is safe. So I shouldn't edit anything else?

I have separate user accounts per your advise for each account and switch ip's when i switch users.
Old 11-09-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Unless you have to, try not to change any other account details. EBay doesn't like too much change, so don't give them a reason to limit your account.

Good job on the separate users.