RBC: cannot add bank account at this time - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default RBC: cannot add bank account at this time

Paypal name and bank account name doesn't match.

I worked in the past, but when I tried to add it a few days ago, it says cannot add bank account at this time.

Does paypal now validates the name on the bank account? if yes, what are the other options? if not, what could be the error?

I didn't try again, because I don't want to raise a red flag on my account.

I will wait for your inputs before I continue.

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: RBC: cannot add bank account at this time

OK, I emailed paypal, they want me to call them. Since this is a stealth account, what kind of questions they are going to ask? How do I prepare the call?

thanks
Old 03-04-2015

Longevity: 60%

I have been adding RBC accounts for more than an year including few weeks ago. Is your paypal Canadian or US? I have actually never attached RBC to Canadian, only US. Sometimes I do get those accounts removed because with RBC attached to US Paypal, they only work 1-way, only for withdrawal to the bank, not from the bank. So, once in a while some charges that I dont expect occur and they remove those accounts however what I do is just call them and then say there was problem etc and they re-add bank accounts. Some paypal workers want to "verify your identity" by pulling questions and I say go ahead and they never find me in system, so I say I am Canadian living in US and they dont question me further nor request any docs; and in some cases you are not asked any questions, only what bank account you want to add/re-add. Other options are to use other banks if your paypal is Canadian - CIBC, HSBC, BMO all work fine with mismatched names.
Old 03-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks. Are you physically in Canada or US? I live in Canada so I have to register it to Paypal Canada (use a Canadian address), because I sell on ebay and my ip is canadian ip, not an US IP.

Regarding of bank accounts, what kind of questions they are going to ask for "verify your identity"? I need to prepare it just in case they ask.

I am also wondering if I just take the paypal exchange rate, link a canadian dollar bank account, and let Paypal to convert USD to CAD. I know paypal's exchange rate is very bad but it is one easier option for me, I think.
Old 03-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by majiajia View Post
Thanks. Are you physically in Canada or US? I live in Canada so I have to register it to Paypal Canada (use a Canadian address), because I sell on ebay and my ip is canadian ip, not an US IP.

Regarding of bank accounts, what kind of questions they are going to ask for "verify your identity"? I need to prepare it just in case they ask.

I am also wondering if I just take the paypal exchange rate, link a canadian dollar bank account, and let Paypal to convert USD to CAD. I know paypal's exchange rate is very bad but it is one easier option for me, I think.
I am located in Canada however out of 200 stealths if I have had only 1-2 that were Canadian mostly because all my IPs were US(I use VPN from 24vc.com). You dont have to have an access to the address in US, so I had it all bogus. And in fact those dont even have to be correct addresses, just ZIP and City, not street or apt#. As you are Canadian they wont ask you anything as far as I know(maybe just to confirm your address but always have your account records in front of you), for US they use "Public Records" to identify yourself and that's when they generate 3 questions and ask you those but since your information is bogus they wont find you AND they might request you to send them documents to proof your identity but I had called numerous times and they never had requested me to do this. Once they failed to find me, they proceeded to re-add my bank account. Here is the thing why using US Paypal is better just for your future reference. RBC exists in both countries and that's the only bank in Canada that allows attachment of US accounts from Canada to US Paypals using a little tweak, which is 026004093 routing number and uniting all your numbers in the account (eg. 01200-341424 -> 01200341424) and using that number as your bank account. You can even attach a Canadian bank account this way and whenever you transfer money from your US Paypal it will think you are transferring money to USD account, so there will be no conversion from Paypal side and only when the money reaches your Canadian account then it will be converted into CAD using bank's exchange rate. Anyhow, in your case that's the only option attaching CAD bank account unless they changed and now allow to attach USD bank account.

Last edited by epimetheus039; 03-04-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you epimetheus for your details answer.
May I ask what kind of question they will ask? I need to prepare it.

Also, I was trying to add my bank account minutes after I registered on Paypal, was this a problem? should I wait a few days before I link my bank account?

thanks
Old 03-04-2015

They will not ask you anything, just your address and name at most. You can always hang up if they ask you something you werent prepared for. Nope, no problem adding your bank account right away. Make sure you follow all other steps of the stealth guide though.
Old 03-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimetheus039 View Post
They will not ask you anything, just your address and name at most. You can always hang up if they ask you something you werent prepared for. Nope, no problem adding your bank account right away. Make sure you follow all other steps of the stealth guide though.
Thank you!