Can you still sell on a negative low feedback account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-27-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Can you still sell on a negative low feedback account?

Two choices - keep a low feedback account with one negative and continue to offer private listings (long story, brought on by a bad buyer, see previous threads)

or

Start fresh all over again with a new account or one that has just a couple feedback? I doubt I would have the need to do private listings on that one.

The advantage I can see with continuing to list on the negative account is that I'll soon be able to offer buy it now, even sooner if I can just figure out this paypal linking issue (again, previous threads). And to my knowledge, the low feedback buy it now option only exists with paypal, no merchant account or anything else. So there's ANOTHER reason why I ask about Paypal, even though I hate it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

The possible disadvantage -- will the negative from a new user who had no prevous history, affect buy it now sales on my items? I think it might affect the amount of bids I get (especially being a private listing) but have you ever been in a similar situation and found that buy it now goods weren't affected? That you could still sell at buy it now even with a lower feedback score (percentage, not amount)?

The advantage of starting all over is a fresh slate, but the disadvantages include being all new, no option of buy it now, and having to go through the trouble of getting a new card to put on file to sell. There are probably others but can't think of any right now. In short, is the extra work worth it when I have a perfectly good account to use right now, only hampered by the one negative?

To sum up...would you be concerned about listing more items on a negative low feedback account? Are they ever any good when they're like that? I've left the proper feedback and rebuttals already. Just concerned that someone might not bother looking past the low feedback and click the exit button. I know I can get the rating up again by buying more items, but that will take time unless I go on a binge of .01 feedback. And we all know how that will look. Unless I can find some good private listings starting at low price quickly .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

i got 85% on 1 account and i'm still selling gangs of items. I got 1 negative feedback because of an a-hole seller. never buy on the same account you sell on!
Old 07-27-2007
Threadstarter  

No this was from a buyer Chris. But I've already told that story before.

I could just try it and see. But I'd rather not have to wait 2 months before selling it again if I can help it if it doesn't work out. That's why I was asking if anyone had the experience before. Learn by example. The items are fairly unique and could be identified and linked easily. If not by ebay, other sellers and buyers. And yes, even mr. A-hole buyer from hell.

Chris, not to pry but how much feedback did this account have when it received the negative? This one doesn't have a lot.
Old 07-27-2007
Banned

Only 4..HAHAHa
Old 07-28-2007

Longevity: 98%

Only 4 with 1 negative that does not equal 85% that would be 80% 4 positives 1 negative 5 total feedbacks 4/5 = 80%

But you also stated that you are selling "gangs of items" are these buyers not leaving feedback?

I am telling you if you mention that you use an automated feedback system in your auctions you will do well. The ones that want to leave a neg might not for fear of getting whacked back. Those that want a positive will leave a positive.

Hell, I have seen people leave a "negative comment" as a positive just so the system kicks back a positive. LOL
Old 07-28-2007
Banned

I'm sorry it was feedback of 5 not 4, but the seller withdrew his feedback today so I'm back at a 100%..

But I wouldnt do automated feedback! That gives the buyer lead way to bid on you item leave feedback just to get feedback and not pay on the item
Old 07-28-2007

OK, If it was 5 it would have been 83% not the 85%

"the seller withdrew his feedback today so I'm back at a 100%.." .... What??? Sorry err wrong, feedback can not be removed just by the seller alone, he needs to request that feedback by mutally agreeded to be removed. Even at that the feedback is not removed from the feedback statements, it still appears but with a disclaimer that both parties have agreed to remove it.

"But I wouldnt do automated feedback! That gives the buyer lead way to bid on you item leave feedback just to get feedback and not pay on the item"

Yeah and???? You still file for the FVF and when they get to 3 unpaid strikes they are out.
Old 07-28-2007
Banned

FeedBay what are you talking about. Did you even READ what I typed. i said the seller"withdrew" the feedback as in mutual withdraw. I initiated a mutual withdraw request for feedback and the seller agreed and the feedback got removed which jumped my score back to 100%.

And yes my score was either 85 or 87 i dont remember but i do know I had a score of 5 so you do the math for me ...

And yes I know it still remains but its not a part of your score..

Dear xxxxxxxx,
Your request to withdraw feedback for item xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been successfully completed. The feedback comment will now be marked as withdrawn and feedback scores updated.

Please note: It may take up to 24 hours for the withdrawal to be reflected in your feedback score.

Thank you,
eBay
Old 07-28-2007

On the subject of NEG feedback:

Is it true that if you file a Paypal dispute and the other party does not respond, any negative feedback they leave could be removed?
Old 07-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Or even if you just file an ebay dispute and they don't respond, the neg can be removed. Or it at least won't count against your record. I believe in all cases the comment can stay, it just won't count as a negative, positive or neutral.
Old 07-29-2007

Well then what's your take on this:

Buyer opens dispute with paypal
Buyer closes dispute with paypal 15 seconds later.
I get both the opening and closing emails at the same time,
And i get the distinct feeling buyer wanted to simply create a record, and MAKE SURE I DO NOT RESPOND.

I have had this happen 3 times, all from buyers who had a generally cynical disposition, one of them being bonafide eBay operative.

These are obviously guys who have more intimate knowledge of the system than I do. I do not believe these were mistakes. They all happened in the last 2 months before an account suspension. And it never happened for years prior to that.

This Open/close tactic must accomplish something
but what?
ever happened to you?
Old 07-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Good question. I don't know about that, but I can say that I've had a buyer open a dispute and then a claim minutes later. Obviously this person wasn't looking for a resolution, they were looking to fraud me and get their money back. Luckily I have tracking numbers for everything.
Old 07-29-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickie View Post
On the subject of NEG feedback:

Is it true that if you file a Paypal dispute and the other party does not respond, any negative feedback they leave could be removed?
No, but if you file a unpaid item dispute and the seller doesn't respond they can't neg you
Old 07-29-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Good question. I don't know about that, but I can say that I've had a buyer open a dispute and then a claim minutes later. Obviously this person wasn't looking for a resolution, they were looking to fraud me and get their money back. Luckily I have tracking numbers for everything.
yeah tracking numbers help, on some expensive items I pack right at the post office so they will have me on camerea packing and sending out the item in case the buyer wants to get nasty with it!
Old 07-30-2007

Hey Chris, Your anus must hurt with talking so much thru it.....

"FeedBay what are you talking about. Did you even READ what I typed. i said the seller"withdrew" the feedback as in mutual withdraw. I initiated a mutual withdraw request for feedback and the seller agreed and the feedback got removed which jumped my score back to 100%"

I did read and no where did you state anything about "mutual agreement" or that you "initiated" it.... You said "I'm sorry it was feedback of 5 not 4, but the seller withdrew his feedback today so I'm back at a 100%.." So wipe the brown crap out of your eyes and READ what you typed.

Also, I did do the math for you (you can reread it) and again it was not near what you said But now you are saying it is all cleared up so you are at 100%
So on with life you go....
Old 07-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
No, but if you file a unpaid item dispute and the seller doesn't respond they can't neg you
Wrong Again, They can leave Neg Feedback BUT ebay will mark under the comment that the buyer did not respond to the NPB complaint.
Old 07-30-2007

Quote:
yeah tracking numbers help, on some expensive items I pack right at the post office so they will have me on camerea packing and sending out the item in case the buyer wants to get nasty with it!
Uhm, With "expensive items" over $250, PP requires a signature confirmation, tracking numbers are good, but not what their policy for sellers states you need to have to be protected. Paypal Policy. Also, Being videotaped packaging the item does not provide any proof that the item was delivered.

Paypal Policy:
11.3 Qualification Requirements. In order to qualify for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have a Verified Business or Verified Premier Account at the time of the transaction,
The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller,
The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page,
You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase,
You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal,
You must ship the purchased item to the address listed on the “Transaction Details” page, and that address must be identified as a Confirmed Address,
You must ship the item to the buyer within 7 Days of receiving payment,
You must have trackable online proof of delivery from an approved shipper to the address on the “Transaction Details” page. For transactions involving $250.00 USD or more, you must provide a proof of receipt that was signed or otherwise acknowledged by the buyer and can be viewed online, (If you paid in a currency other than US dollars, the following amounts apply for this section: $325.00 CAD, €200.00 EUR, £150.00 GBP, Â¥28000.00 JPY, $350.00 AUD, 330.00 CHF, 1,600.00 NOK, 2,000.00 SEK, 1,500.00 DKK, 800.00 PLN, 55000.00 HUF, 6,000.00 CZK, $400.00 SGD, $2,000.00 HKD, $380.00 NZD), and
You must respond to PayPal’s requests for information within the time period PayPal specifies.

Please note that in order to qualify for our Seller Protection Policy you must ship the item as required in this section. If you hand deliver an item, or provide delivery in any manner other than required in this section, your transaction will not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy.
Old 07-30-2007

Quote:
Also, Why would you file an unpaid item dispute against the seller.... Aren't you supposed to pay the seller????
Old 07-30-2007
Threadstarter  

Any other opinions on this?
Old 07-30-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
Wrong Again, They can leave Neg Feedback BUT ebay will mark under the comment that the buyer did not respond to the NPB complaint.
This has already been discussed not too long ago and more then a few people on here verified this too. If a buyer does not respond to a unpaid item dispute they cannot not leave negative feedback!

I not going to dwell on this anymore okay.
Old 07-30-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
Uhm, With "expensive items" over $250, PP requires a signature confirmation, tracking numbers are good, but not what their policy for sellers states you need to have to be protected. Paypal Policy. Also, Being videotaped packaging the item does not provide any proof that the item was delivered.

Paypal Policy:
11.3 Qualification Requirements. In order to qualify for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have a Verified Business or Verified Premier Account at the time of the transaction,
The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller,
The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page,
You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase,
You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal,
You must ship the purchased item to the address listed on the “Transaction Details” page, and that address must be identified as a Confirmed Address,
You must ship the item to the buyer within 7 Days of receiving payment,
You must have trackable online proof of delivery from an approved shipper to the address on the “Transaction Details” page. For transactions involving $250.00 USD or more, you must provide a proof of receipt that was signed or otherwise acknowledged by the buyer and can be viewed online, (If you paid in a currency other than US dollars, the following amounts apply for this section: $325.00 CAD, €200.00 EUR, £150.00 GBP, ¥28000.00 JPY, $350.00 AUD, 330.00 CHF, 1,600.00 NOK, 2,000.00 SEK, 1,500.00 DKK, 800.00 PLN, 55000.00 HUF, 6,000.00 CZK, $400.00 SGD, $2,000.00 HKD, $380.00 NZD), and
You must respond to PayPal’s requests for information within the time period PayPal specifies.

Please note that in order to qualify for our Seller Protection Policy you must ship the item as required in this section. If you hand deliver an item, or provide delivery in any manner other than required in this section, your transaction will not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy.
I dont use paypal, I have my own merchant account
Old 07-30-2007

Quote:
This has already been discussed not too long ago and more then a few people on here verified this too. If a buyer does not respond to a unpaid item dispute they cannot not leave negative feedback!

I not going to dwell on this anymore okay.
You do not have to as you and who ever else said it are wrong.