HSBC Savings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default HSBC Savings

Hey guys talked to the woman on the phone today my savings account has a seperate sort code and account number and she also said that it is able to receive payments both made online and in branch by others

Is this able to be used to verify my paypal account then?

Any help is greatly appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: HSBC Savings

If it helps she said "its exactly the same as your normal debit account just you dont get a card for this account"
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I have used HSBC both in UK and in Canada - chequing and savings - has worked well.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
YEbayY (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 55%

Certainly sounds ideal, just need to sort out how your going to withdraw from it, and you will be laughing all the way to tgat bank. You might only be able to make a certain number of withdrawals from it in a given period, that tends to be the case with savers and will be the reason why you didnt get a debit card with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
YEbayY (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Certainly sounds ideal, just need to sort out how your going to withdraw from it, and you will be laughing all the way to tgat bank. You might only be able to make a certain number of withdrawals from it in a given period, that tends to be the case with savers and will be the reason why you didnt get a debit card with it.
Aaaah i have that sorted i called the bank and they said i can use as many withdrawals etc etc

So yeah thanks alot guys just sorted alot of troubles out for me

Love you guys and this forum
Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I have used HSBC both in UK and in Canada - chequing and savings - has worked well.
Thanks very much dude all good.
Women told me i can have upto 7 savings account i'll probably open around three
Old 03-12-2015

Interesting bit of info about HSBC there YEbaY!
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

HSBC is the only bank I have ever applied to that will not accept me because they say they can't identify me.

F*ck you HSBC and I hate all of you that have not had issues with them. I felt like I was applying for a job with the f*cking CIA.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
HSBC is the only bank I have ever applied to that will not accept me because they say they can't identify me.

F*ck you HSBC and I hate all of you that have not had issues with them. I felt like I was applying for a job with the f*cking CIA.
I've applied to HSBC TWICE!
First time it was about 4 years ago when I wanted to change a bank. They accepted me and then when I went in to sign the papers, the first thing they said "Oh yeah sorry, we changed our minds"
Second time it was couple of months ago.

Considering they are in court twice a year for proper financial fraud, it seems like a pisstake that they don't accept me
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidukk View Post
I've applied to HSBC TWICE!
First time it was about 4 years ago when I wanted to change a bank. They accepted me and then when I went in to sign the papers, the first thing they said "Oh yeah sorry, we changed our minds"
Second time it was couple of months ago.

Considering they are in court twice a year for proper financial fraud, it seems like a pisstake that they don't accept me
Pfft i dont like HSBC i tried applying and got approved same as you but went into the branch and they also changed there minds, they said i could only open an account with them if i closed ALL my other accounts with every other back and even then it wasn't a guarantee i would get to use them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
YEbayY (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Pfft i dont like HSBC i tried applying and got approved same as you but went into the branch and they also changed there minds, they said i could only open an account with them if i closed ALL my other accounts with every other back and even then it wasn't a guarantee i would get to use them.
Exactly the same thing happened to me.
I'm not even sure why it happened. I have never had a loan, credit card or any izzy financial obligations etc.
I just wanted a legit bank account, nothing more.
****ing creeps.
Old 03-13-2015

Quote:
Exactly the same thing happened to me.
I'm not even sure why it happened. I have never had a loan, credit card or any izzy financial obligations etc.
I just wanted a legit bank account, nothing more.
****ing creeps.
The fact that you have never had any financial obligations could be why they changed their minds in your case haidukk, they need to know and be able to see that people wanting to bank with them have proven financial history with operating accounts. That's life in the 21st century.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
The fact that you have never had any financial obligations could be why they changed their minds in your case haidukk, they need to know and be able to see that people wanting to bank with them have proven financial history with operating accounts. That's life in the 21st century.
That's exactly what I thought when it happened as well, but it was odd because I was clearly making money, I was paying my bills and saving money so there was SOME activity when it comes to banking data.
After it happened to me I signed up for 2 credit cards that I own only to create credit score. I think one of them has Netflix on it and other one I purchase concert tickets with, just to show them that I have something going on.
It's weird how they almost want to see you slightly in debt or paying interest in UK, then they'll see you as one of their own, so silly.
Old 03-13-2015

Quote:
That's exactly what I thought when it happened as well, but it was odd because I was clearly making money, I was paying my bills and saving money so there was SOME activity when it comes to banking data.
After it happened to me I signed up for 2 credit cards that I own only to create credit score. I think one of them has Netflix on it and other one I purchase concert tickets with, just to show them that I have something going on.
It's weird how they almost want to see you slightly in debt or paying interest in UK, then they'll see you as one of their own, so silly.
That how it's always been in this country haidukk and never more so than now. You are probably quite unique in never having had any recognisable debt to give you what would be recognised as a credit score. To have never had a mortgage or a car loan or even an ordinary loan is rare these days.